ADVERTISEMENT

Buzz Williams and A&M

Plum Street

Hall of Famer
Jun 21, 2009
They got underseeded because of what he said last year when they got snubbed .
Pike has played politician correctly and next time we are in this position we will get in. Obviously , the committee should be objective and not play politics but this is the way it is. The selection committee is spiteful and has a long memory. So we take our medicine, move on and let the politics work in our favor next time.

I do think a&m will beat Penn state though

They serve terms . So a couple people leave each year but the makeup is close to the same in back to back years
I think this is Reynolds last year, for example.

So next year will be some new people with a completely different way of looking at things

Reactions: Plum Street
This was clearly set up so that A&M and Texas play each other for a shot at the SS (should each win their first round games)…#2 in the SEC (reg season and tourney) and beat the overall 1 seed the week before…of course it was rigged.

Buzz CORRECTLY chided the committee last year. Pike should have likewise.

Excuse me how does taking high road help us?

Did Ohio State help us?

Did getting underseeded last year and playing in the play in game help us this year?

Both Texas A&M and PSU were underseeded. They weren’t punishing A&M but they want the Texas Match up and if that doesn’t work Texas PSU is still pretty good.

Reactions: biazza38
Excuse me how does taking high road help us?

Did Ohio State help us?

Did getting underseeded last year and playing in the play in game help us this year?

Both Texas A&M and PSU were underseeded. They weren’t punishing A&M but they want the Texas Match up and if that doesn’t work Texas PSU is still pretty good.
They aren’t dropping a team 3-4 seeds for a matchup 😂

A&M is getting punished and RU would be getting punished next year.

Us bitching and moaning does absolutely nothing. Nothing is changing. The field is set.

Important life lesson for the team.

Texas A&M and Penn State were both f'd in the seeding
A&M yes. PSU, did they?

PSU was largely a bubble team down the stretch, and apparently the NCAA doesn’t care about conference tournaments for P5 teams.

Reactions: shields
Don't give the commitment a reason to keep us out next year. We're not Michigan State, a program that only needs a reason to be let in.

A&M yes. PSU, did they?

PSU was largely a bubble team down the stretch, and apparently the NCAA doesn’t care about conference tournaments for P5 teams.
Then they are lying about entire body of work.

So the squeaky wheel gets the grease proverb is an anachronism?
Squeaky wheel does get the grease.

Hopefully they fix the Garden fiasco or never again.

They most certainly wanted a Texas v Texas A&M so perhaps not punishing but certainly manipulating. A&M certainly screwed two years in a row not unlike RU.

Reactions: JavaDunk18
They got underseeded because of what he said last year when they got snubbed .
Pike has played politician correctly and next time we are in this position we will get in. Obviously , the committee should be objective and not play politics but this is the way it is. The selection committee is spiteful and has a long memory. So we take our medicine, move on and let the politics work in our favor next time.

I do think a&m will beat Penn state though

Isn't there a new committee every year?

How about NC State? They raised hell publicly last year when they got snubbed (in their opinion) and it resulted in them not only getting in to the tournament this year when they were dubious at best; but seeded higher than they should have been. So their tactic seems to have worked. I think the recent spate of poor treatment by the NCAA toward Rutgers (Baseball, Hoops, Soccer and until last year Lax) deserves some being called out by Pat Hobbs. Similar to how Pike needs to work the refs a little harder. Don't need to be obnoxious about it; but stand up for the program because we are getting chronically disrespected and it won't end if we let it slide.

Last edited:
Reactions: biazza38
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT