ADVERTISEMENT

Caleb

12/13 from the line wowww.

Most complete player I've ever seen at Rutgers.

Passing
Dribbling
FT
3 %
Rebounding
Defense
Toughness
Team player
Post game
Disagree with the bolded statement, obviously. But I will say Caleb consistently impresses me, which is hard to do because you naturally keep raising expectations as he impresses, and as I mentioned, he keeps exceeding those expectations. Great kid and player.

Disagree with the bolded statement, obviously. But I will say Caleb consistently impresses me, which is hard to do because you naturally keep raising expectations as he impresses, and as I mentioned, he keeps exceeding those expectations. Great kid and player.
Ok, who was all around better? He has basically o weakness and can play the 1-3 and even the 4 questionably

Ok, who was all around better? He has basically o weakness and can play the 1-3 and even the 4 questionably
I’m only entertaining this because I’m bored. Caleb is averaging 7.6ppg, 4.3 rpg, 2.1 apg, 1.0 steals per game, and 0.3 blocks per game this year on 45.7% shooting.

Yes, stats aren’t everything, or even close. But cmon dude...

Caleb had a solid game, Mathis had a great first half, Yeboah had some key plays at the end, and Geo had some big plays too. The team hit their foul shots at the end and made enough plays to win. And we got lucky with the Caleb fall.

I’m only entertaining this because I’m bored. Caleb is averaging 7.6ppg, 4.3 rpg, 2.1 apg, 1.0 steals per game, and 0.3 blocks per game this year on 45.7% shooting.

Yes, stats aren’t everything, or even close. But cmon dude...
I'm talking about his all around skill set. Still won't name anyone? I cant think of any and I've been following since 2002. No one can do what hes able to on the court. He can really do everything

Love Caleb. Love the attitude & not backing down. If anything, he's not selfish enough as it seems he can create his own shot with ease and is smooooth. 7 REBOUNDS from your starting PG!!!! He could be the alpha on this team but everyone buys into the team ethos. On a lesser team, he would average about 14-16 pts at least but Pike has built a TEAM!!!!

Love Caleb. Love the attitude & not backing down. If anything, he's not selfish enough as it seems he can create his own shot with ease and is smooooth. 7 REBOUNDS from your starting PG!!!! He could be the alpha on this team but everyone buys into the team ethos. On a lesser team, he would average about 14-16 pts at least but Pike has built a TEAM!!!!

agreed , Caleb is the man .

There is no way we got lucky with the "phantom" call on Caleb in the end, it was definitely not a foul, but if they didn't call it the ball would have ended up in Yeboah's hands. Either he takes the foul or swings it over to Geo who wastes more time on the clock and takes the foul. That call did not decide the game.

Getting better and especially on D. His hustle and overall D is impressive this year. Plays with an edge just like Mathis. Lookout if his offense continues to improve...... and it will

Reactions: Scangg and BillyC80
I'm talking about his all around skill set. Still won't name anyone? I cant think of any and I've been following since 2002. No one can do what hes able to on the court. He can really do everything
Semantics. To me, the “most complete player” and “all around better” just means the best player. Apparently it doesn’t to you? To me, you were saying Caleb is better than Quincy Douby. If all you were saying is he has a unique skillset in that he does everything pretty well, yeah sure of course...He’s a tall guard who passes, rebounds, and shoots fairly well. And plays hard. Awesome player. Not the “most complete” or “all around best” we’ve ever had.

Reactions: thegock
He got bailed out tonight with that phantom foul call when he fell. Could have cost us the game
Considering that might have been the only break we got from the zebras in the second half compared to the double digits breaks Purdue got, I'm over it.

Great to see Caleb step up again for us.

Over our games this year, 7 different guys have either been the leading scorer or tied for leading scorer. Harper has done it 8 times, Baker/McConnell 4 times, Mathis/Young/Yeboah each 3 times, and Johnson twice.

Reactions: thegock
The play of the game....the most important play of the game was Caleb diving on the floor getting the loose ball and passing it to someone for a layup. I believe, want to see play by play for confirmation, that play ignited the big run that basically gave RU the lead for good.

At the time I was whining like a 2 year old for Pikiell to put in a PG. 0__0

Just imagine i was praising McConnell before the season started and several guys were saying he wouldn't even be in the rotation. Many said the same about Mulcahy. We have a team that is so connected that they don't care who scores. They like to see everyone on the team have good times in the games. They all just want to win when in today's world most players want to get recognition for themselves. I think these ideals have all been driven into their thought process by Steve Pikiell. I love watching these guys sharing the ball and having fun.

Reactions: TRU2RU and Scangg
everywhere tonight and that stat line from the line is outrageous 12 of 13. He is contributing in ways that are pretty different than I envisioned him coming into the season. Its apparent he has a major role in rebounding, he gathered one in the first half that was a just a beauty. He also has hit a couple of tough looking shots but shots that have almost become his speciality.

Semantics. To me, the “most complete player” and “all around better” just means the best player. Apparently it doesn’t to you? To me, you were saying Caleb is better than Quincy Douby. If all you were saying is he has a unique skillset in that he does everything pretty well, yeah sure of course...He’s a tall guard who passes, rebounds, and shoots fairly well. And plays hard. Awesome player. Not the “most complete” or “all around best” we’ve ever had.
Best player and best all around player are not the same thing. You can be an elite scorer and not a great all around player. It's not a hard concept really. Caleb is a better all around more versatile player than Douby and I loveeee Douby

Just imagine i was praising McConnell before the season started and several guys were saying he wouldn't even be in the rotation. Many said the same about Mulcahy. We have a team that is so connected that they don't care who scores. They like to see everyone on the team have good times in the games. They all just want to win when in today's world most players want to get recognition for themselves. I think these ideals have all been driven into their thought process by Steve Pikiell. I love watching these guys sharing the ball and having fun.
Lol yea definitely some bad Caleb takes for his entire career by some on here. #teamcaleb for life from the first time I saw his tape

Reactions: yogalates
I think the role Pikiell has identified for Caleb is a big key to his success. I do not think Caleb flourishes in the role as go to guy and main option. I think his current role as a rebounder and guy who positions himself around the basket for some mid range jumpers is a differing one than the guy who shot alot of 3 last year.

12/13 from the line wowww.

Most complete player I've ever seen at Rutgers.

Passing
Dribbling
FT
3 %
Rebounding
Defense
Toughness
Team player
Post game
He had a monster game tonight. What's been thrilling to see is that we have a team that picks each other up. No real superstar on the team. Just hard nosed players that seem to genuinely like each other and play for each other and tonight Caleb really picked up his game and he was brilliant from the charity stripe. Kudos!

Reactions: thegock and Scangg
I think the role Pikiell has identified for Caleb is a big key to his success. I do not think Caleb flourishes in the role as go to guy and main option. I think his current role as a rebounder and guy who positions himself around the basket for some mid range jumpers is a differing one than the guy who shot alot of 3 last year.
Agree except for the 3 part. We want Caleb taking open 3's. He is arguably our best 3 point shooter

Reactions: TRU2RU and RU MAN
Agree except for the 3 part. We want Caleb taking open 3's. He is arguably our best 3 point shooter

I want him taking more open threes, but his bread and butter is that 10-12 foot shot. He finds a spot on the floor and just pulls up, or he backs his man toward the basket then pivots into a jumper.

Reactions: bac2therac
Think we should have fed him in the post even more. He had 6 inches on the guy covering him for parts of the game and could simply turn and rise over him effortlessly.

Reactions: bac2therac
And Geo blew his first attempt at the game winner last game if you want to look at it from that perspective. Caleb was a baller tonight and most of the season

Geo’s was a shot , caleb’s was a blunder . He was a baller last night and had a great game. But you can’t ignore that mistake and the refs bailed him him out

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT