ADVERTISEMENT

Can we SUE the NCAA?

We know going in that the process is flawed. It's their dance and we weren't invited.

You think suing them is the answer? It most definitely is not. I think you know this as well.

As I've said in many threads, the answer is to remove any doubt as to whether we belong. When you live on the margin, you can't bitch when you get marginalized.

Look forward to seeing you when football comes around. We can argue over beers.😂😂🍺🍺

Looking forward to it, but It is the answer because Rutgers has been harmed because the tourney selection criteria is flawed.

This process is supposed to determine the 36 best at large conference teams. That is the operational question: Is Rutgers once of the 36 best.

The strength of our conference wins, such as beating Penn Stare twice, Maryland once, Purdue once, and many others should have been sufficient to include Rutgers.

Stop losing to teams like Temple and St. Bonaventure a few years ago. And thought Seton Hall game would bite us in the ass.

- Season ticket holders have standing, I think

- File a class action lawsuit and invite Rutgers to join.

- File an Emergency Injunction to postpone the Tournament until our case is resolved

- Subpoena the minutes that went into the deliberations that determined who was included and why

- The NCAA process is arbitrary, capricious, and unfair because lesser teams were chosen ahead of us

- Ask the court to add Rutgers to the tournament
This has to be a joke post….

Over-Under in when this post makes another Message Board Geniuses for Al?

12 hrs

- File an Emergency Injunction to postpone the Tournament until our case is resolved

- Subpoena the minutes that went into the deliberations that determined who was included and why

- The NCAA process is arbitrary, capricious, and unfair because lesser teams were chosen ahead of us

Do you have the goal of every post making ‘message board geniuses’ on twitter?

Although the process may be arbitrary and capricious, you can’t say lesser teams were picked ahead of us.

They make the list. So obviously we were lower on their list.

That like UConn fans suing Big Ten for inviting Rutgers. Doesn’t matter how you rank teams. The rankings that matter are the selection committee. So obviously they didn’t pick lesser teams in their own eyes.

Sure I can. Penn State was picked ahead of us and we beat them twice. Maryland was picked ahead of us and we beat them. The NCAA improperly weighted our recent swoon, when we went 3-7. That’s not right, because that is cherry picking the data.

Sure I can. Penn State was picked ahead of us and we beat them twice. Maryland was picked ahead of us and we beat them. The NCAA improperly weighted our recent swoon, when we went 3-7. That’s not right, because that is cherry picking the data.
Penn state finished the season with 22 wins going 8-2 in their final 10. Maryland finished going 21-12 and 7-3 in their final 10. Rutgers finished 19-14 going 3-7 to finish out. Now providence was a joke, but it’s pretty obvious why Penn state and Maryland were selected over RU.

Al, you are the KING of cherry picking data

Stop losing to teams like Temple and St. Bonaventure a few years ago. And thought Seton Hall game would bite us in the ass.

Losing to Temple and Seton Hall was bad. But beating Purdue when they were #1, and on the road, was good, as were a number of other quality wins. So it’s the totality of the resume which matters. Not how we looked down the stretch and not the injury to a key player. The NCAA did not follow its process when it included those factors, which I believe was an error in judgment.

My concern is that Rutgers was excluded due to politics not merit.

Penn state finished the season with 22 wins going 8-2 in their final 10. Maryland finished going 21-12 and 7-3 in their final 10. Rutgers finished 19-14 going 3-7 to finish out. Now providence was a joke, but it’s pretty obvious why Penn state and Maryland were selected over RU.

Al, you are the KING of cherry picking data

We played Penn State and Maryland and we beat them. We should have had 20 victories because the OSU game was lost due to a blown call, which the Big Ten acknowledged. So we should have been evaluated like we had 20 victories, not 19. Not saying they shouldn’t have been selected. Saying our resume was strong enough to be selected.

We played Penn State and Maryland and we beat them. We should have had 20 victories because the OSU game was lost due to a blown call, which the Big Ten acknowledged. So we should have been evaluated like we had 20 victories, not 19. Not saying they shouldn’t have been selected. Saying our resume was strong enough to be selected.
Let me know how the lawsuit goes👍

Congrats Al, got what you wanted!!
GIF by kate spade new york

Im Cool Look At Me GIF by CBC

Okay so which moron here sent that to Message Board Genius to embarrass the rest of us? That's the only way it gets on there.

Embarrass the rest of us?
Speak for yourself.

I couldn't care less if the rest of the precious "college athletics world" think this board is a joke.
Am I supposed to care?

Reactions: Scarlet1984

- Most impartial bracketologists had Rutgers in the tournament

- The NCAA improperly considered a recent injury to a player and our recent swoon as reasons to exclude us.

You seem like a nice enough guy. Having said that, this post shows a lack of understanding about how life works.

They have a process that is imperfect but they follow it consistently.

Human bias comes into play for bubble teams. If Rutgers doesn’t like that, don’t be on the bubble.

Reactions: RedTeam1994
Al is absolutely right (yes Al you are) we cannot take this lying down. We have to fight back. Fighting them Al's way, the conventional way would take years and cost millions of dollars. There is a better way and we only need the following to ram home our point to the NCAA:

1. Al's car.
2. A good supply of scrap metal.
3. A poster with tools and a good working knowledge of metal fabricating and welding.
4. A supply of 10,000 marbles.

First we turn Al's car into an innocuous looking cake and paint the words eat me on it. We make it so the cake will detach and reveal the Rutgers Al Death Mobile. The marbles will then be loaded into the trunk.

Al will drive to Indianapolis to the NCAA headquarters. He will spread the marbles into the parking lot to prevent rescue or reinforcements. He will cut the cake and ram the death mobile into NCAA headquarters. When the dust settles he will ask the new NCAA president for one more chance.

Since this is a board endeavor, Ritchie can finance the plan but also sell sponsorships to be placed on the death mobile. From the notoriety Al will gain from this attack, I predict in no time there will be a Senator and Mrs. RutgersAl in Washington.

This is another one of those good ideas that, if truly a good idea, would have been done before now

- Most impartial bracketologists had Rutgers in the tournament

- The NCAA improperly considered a recent injury to a player and our recent swoon as reasons to exclude us.

Apparently Don Finkendstadt is driving his bus door-to-door throughout Rutgers nation to solicit support for this wonderful idea.

Reactions: Scarlet1984
I consulted with an attorney and he says Rutgers would need to file the lawsuit.
You could fart in the subway car, and have someone call you a gross pig. (Which you would be honestly) Ask a lawyer if you can sue them for it. What do you think they’ll tell you? Come on AL. 🤦‍♂️

Btw Clemson was 22-10 crushing NC St 3x on avg of 17 points per game. State is in, Clemson out

Looking forward to it, but It is the answer because Rutgers has been harmed because the tourney selection criteria is flawed.

This process is supposed to determine the 36 best at large conference teams. That is the operational question: Is Rutgers once of the 36 best.

The strength of our conference wins, such as beating Penn Stare twice, Maryland once, Purdue once, and many others should have been sufficient to include Rutgers.

Best 36 according to who?
You? Palm? Andy Katz?
What about the people who did have us out? What about them?

Nope. None of them matter.
It's according to the Selection Committee. That's all that matters.

Alternative is true as well.
Every single "bracketologist" could have had us "out" last year.
But as long as the selection committee itself says "yes" - that's all that matters.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT