ADVERTISEMENT

Carino: Rutgers should be favored against Seton Hall

Game is not about individual players. Forget Young breaking out or Powell going for 30.

It is about being composed in the final 3 minutes and making the right play. Could be Powell or Young......or it could be SHU not blocking out Myles Johnson and us winning on a last second put back

Reactions: BillyC80
What about the other two shooters rhoden and maybe the best shooter on the team samuels.?

Playing only a list of powder puffs and patsies to begin our season, how can our guys be ready to face a team of decent quality like SH ? A very disappointing OOC schedule.

Playing only a list of powder puffs and patsies to begin our season, how can our guys be ready to face a team of decent quality like SH ? A very disappointing OOC schedule.
Before SHU we will have played pitt, st bonaventure, wisconsin, and michigan state

Reactions: shields and Scangg
nice. we all know pre-season polls mean next to nothing though. Bartovik has RU as a 2 point favorite vs SHU on 12/14

This guy with the ethnic slur for a name is pretty funny.
I would go along with you that 12 seems kind of high, even to me. It's still good press until proven otherwise. Certainly better press than losing by 35-40 points in football every week.

Reactions: silkcitypirate
I would go along with you that 12 seems kind of high, even to me. It's still good press until proven otherwise. Certainly better press than losing by 35-40 points in football every week.

I'm 99% sure they're his initials. Calm down.

Lol, you guys are in for a rude awakening and another first round exit this year.

reality is we get ripped for a soft out of conference schedule because we only play pitt shu and the bonnies who arent even that good. However with 20 conference games, you can really count wisconsin and mich state as out of conference games for us as well.

SHU on the other hand has the bahamas tourney which will help and I actually think theyll beat Oregon because Oregon will be playing all new guys together for the first time and that never bodes well in november. Then lose to gonzaga and lose to iowa state which is weird as youll play iowa state twice in about 10 days and lose both times imo. Youll also lose to mich state and then you have us and maryland which youll lose both imo and at best split them.

Ultimately I think you exit OOC play with 5-6 losses and probably wont enter the RU game even ranked. Youll go 10-8/11-7 in a horrific watered down big east to finish the year 17-13/18-12 win 2 games in the big east tourney and sneak into the tourney undeservingly again only to get whacked in the first round. Then willard sees the writing on the wall that the program is about to die in 2020 takes the first offer he gets to get out of town and we never hear about SHU again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lol, you guys are in for a rude awakening and another first round exit this year

kyk, not sure why you're arguing with SHU guys about their "first round exits."

I would take preseason #12 rankings -- even if we think they're overrated -- and "first round exits" from the NCAA tournament any day of the week compared to 30 years of watching the tournament from home.

By the way, I happen to agree with you that we match up fairly well against SHU, and will give them a really good game, but I'm not sure Rutgers fans have really earned the right to thump our chests at this point, especially toward a program that has made the NCAA tournament several years in a row.

Lol, you guys are in for a rude awakening and another first round exit this year.

reality is we get ripped for a soft out of conference schedule because we only play pitt shu and the bonnies who arent even that good. However with 20 conference games, you can really count wisconsin and mich state as out of conference games for us as well.

SHU on the other hand has the bahamas tourney which will help and I actually think theyll beat Oregon because Oregon will be playing all new guys together for the first time and that never bodes well in november. Then lose to gonzaga and lose to iowa state which is weird as youll play iowa state twice in about 10 days and lose both times imo. Youll also lose to mich state and then you have us and maryland which youll lose both imo and at best split them.

Ultimately I think you exit OOC play with 5-6 losses and probably wont enter the RU game even ranked. Youll go 10-8/11-7 in a horrific watered down big east to finish the year 17-13/18-12 win 2 games in the big east tourney and sneak into the tourney undeservingly again only to get whacked in the first round. Then willard sees the writing on the wall that the program is about to die in 2020 takes the first offer he gets to get out of town and we never hear about SHU again.
[roll][roll][roll][roll]

Yeah mamu hit some prayer 3's for them at the pebble last year. The kid is like a 29% 3-pt shooter and hit 3-4 3's vs us. Mamu isn't good enough on the block to take it to guys like yeboah and shaq carter. SHU also has two trees at the 5 who really don't move well in ro gill and ike who pose little to no offensive threat. Then you have Myles Cale who Ron Harper should take complete advantage of and be able to shut down on the other end of the floor and then Quincy McKnight who is a defensive stalwart but is really not good on the other end of the floor. They seriously lack quality depth, it's the reason I can't fathom how the hell they're generating all this pre-season hype. It's powell and a bunch of bums. Their 2nd best player in Mamu and he's basically a poor mans eugene
Nice run down. If Willard reads your review, I doubt the Pirates will bother making the trip to New Brunswick. They should give you a piece of the bus fare they'll be saving

If we play Pitt and Wisky and M St. before SH, I misread the schedule.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT