ADVERTISEMENT

Caroo's 'friend '

Does anyone have a potential *reasonable* explanation for why, in response to the revelation that Carroo's "friend", and not Carroo, struck the alleged victim, police promptly arrested Carroo's mother, girlfriend and girlfriend's father - but not the "friend"?

Does anyone have a potential *reasonable* explanation for why, in response to the revelation that Carroo's "friend", and not Carroo, struck the alleged victim, police promptly arrested Carroo's mother, girlfriend and girlfriend's father - but not the "friend"?

I would say let the prosecutor prove that . The only thing proven so far is that Carroo is a great football player .

That is *not* a revelation. It is a lawyer's statement designed to try to help his client. The statement may or may not be factual.

Let me state this first. I have not decided nor will I decide Carroo's guilt or innocence. That's up to the people who actually know the facts.

To answer that, maybe because they believed Carroo did it based on the young lady's statement to the police? Same with the others. It's not like she said she was attacked by someone or a number of people she didn't know very well. Then again maybe he did it after all.

It's the defense attorney who has stated it was the friend. Now it's up to the police and prosecutor to determine whether they think it's worth investigating if they haven't already.

The mother, girlfriend and girlfriend's father were charged yesterday. Carroo's lawyer said at today's protection order hearing that Carroo's friend was willing to testify that he grabbed the alleged victim and pushed her away and she fell down.

Perhaps the full video showed that Carroo's mother, girlfriend and girlfriend's father were involved in simple assault/ disorderly conduct? The video may not show who did the dropping/ pushing. It does show a girl going at the girlfriend and swinging a bag at her. If the victim is the one doing the bag swinging in that video, she should probably be charged too. Maybe that will be tomorrow's news: Alleged Victim and Friend Get Charged? Maybe a new person will get charged every day for the rest of the season.

That is *not* a revelation. It is a lawyer's statement designed to try to help his client. The statement may or may not be factual.

Would it not stand to reason that the lawyer would only say that if the "friend" had admitted to it?

Because otherwise, wouldn't it be horrifically unethical, not to mention flat-out unlawful, for a defense attorney to just randomly accuse another specific person of the crime?

Sorry for misunderstanding your question. The State's position seems to be that it does not want violence against ex-cohabitants. Exes are often in danger from exes, even more than from current cohabitants, and my guess is that the legislature wanted to take action against this threat by making it possible for the ex to obtain a permanent restraining order against the perp.

The availability of restraining orders, both temporary and final, is there for everyone regardless of whether or not the parties have exchanged fluids in the past. Caroo and the side chick never lived together, as far as I can find. They are two people who hooked up. They she seeks him out at his school football event and gets involved in a physical altercation with his mom. Sounds like they should have the restraining order against her.

The availability of restraining orders, both temporary and final, is there for everyone regardless of whether or not the parties have exchanged fluids in the past. Caroo and the side chick never lived together, as far as I can find. They are two people who hooked up. They she seeks him out at his school football event and gets involved in a physical altercation with his mom. Sounds like they should have the restraining order against her.

This whole conversation is getting tedious. I only have one real question...

Can we get any of these chicks to come to our tailgate?

Yeah, it was Caroo's friend, and he's such a stand-up guy that he actually let Leonte - the guy headed to the NFL Draft - take the fall and get arrested and suspended.

Well, I guess anything is possible, right?
Do you really think that a police officer would not arrest someone because a friend said he didn't do anything? really?

Well... my plan is pretty much never more than good food and alcohol.

That should work, right?

A strategically placed bowl of leftover Halloween candy has also been proven to work well.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT