ADVERTISEMENT

Cliff Omoruyi Planning Visits

Just keep in mind where Cliff plays and remember the Rutgers head coach doesn't do business that way.

Why anyone who has been a Rutgers fan for a long time would let themselves get suckered into thinking we're getting him is beyond.
--
some of the recent rumblings were that Uconn and RU were in strong position for him.....I do not know if Uconn throws money at recruits....

it is very possible a Kentucky, or the like, will win out late......

but if it is really between Uconn and RU, we have a good shot....

let me be optimistic....

--
some of the recent rumblings were that Uconn and RU were in strong position for him.....I do not know if Uconn throws money at recruits....

it is very possible a Kentucky, or the like, will win out late......

but if it is really between Uconn and RU, we have a good shot....

let me be optimistic....

Take it to the Bank

I think he could have helped us and I was told he & his parents really liked Pikiell and RU.

We'll see-------saw him by the sideline over the weekend during warmups as I was out for the game.

Picked us over PSU , Davidson , Vandy , Harvard and Penn.

Kind of kid we play with for the most part.

Blah. The guy who made it, Snow, is usually pretty plugged in, too.

43 out of 43 crystal ball selections for Brian Snow.....and Arizona State just hired last week, former UMass assistant coach Rasheen Davis....

Looks like Snow and Rivals national recruiting analyst Corey Evans are on Arizona State for a reason and both made their selections as soon as Davis was hired by Bobby Hurley Jr.

43 out of 43 crystal ball selections for Brian Snow.....and Arizona State just hired last week, former UMass assistant coach Rasheen Davis....

Looks like Snow and Rivals national recruiting analyst Corey Evans are on Arizona State for a reason and both made their selections as soon as Davis was hired by Bobby Hurley Jr.

And this is why I was disappointed when we hired Hayn instead of someone like this.

Reactions: ejgonz
And this is why I was disappointed when we hired Hayn instead of someone like this.
I really don't think he helps take us to the next level, and outside of ND, the other schools he favored kind of tells you that. We can and will do better. I would think ND could do better also.

And Hayn is supposedly doing an outstanding job recruiting thus far.

I really don't think he helps take us to the next level, and outside of ND, the other schools he favored kind of tells you that. We can and will do better. I would think ND could do better also.

And Hayn is supposedly doing an outstanding job recruiting thus far.

Talking about Omoruyi, not Zona.

Ewww. Education is important to him he claimed lol
You should lol 99.5% of the time a recruit says that in an interview. Especially if they say that engineering is what they're interested in.

The class load for an engineering degree in almost all cases too much for a student-athlete to carry. Many of these guys who want to major in some type of engineering area end up with a major in something like interdisciplinary Studies because they can customize their major.

You should lol 99.5% of the time a recruit says that in an interview. Especially if they say that engineering is what they're interested in.

The class load for an engineering degree in almost all cases too much for a student-athlete to carry. Many of these guys who want to major in some type of engineering area end up with a major in something like interdisciplinary Studies because they can customize their major.
They all say it but sometimes they mean it...
Myles is a double major engineering student which is extremely impressive

Snow may be 43-for-43, but I haven't given up hope on Clifford yet. Unless he's changed his mind and signs his LOI next month, there's still a lot of time for him to mull over his ultimate decision.

Reactions: wheezer
Snow may be 43-for-43, but I haven't given up hope on Clifford yet. Unless he's changed his mind and signs his LOI next month, there's still a lot of time for him to mull over his ultimate decision.

I have. We’re not getting a recruit of his caliber yet. If it’s not Arizona State, it will be a bigger basketball school. We’re not winning these battles.

I have. We’re not getting a recruit of his caliber yet. If it’s not Arizona State, it will be a bigger basketball school. We’re not winning these battles.
Thank God Pike doesn't have your attitude.

Can you take out a crystal ball after you put one in? If this guy Brian Snow is a Rivals anylast how is it he only has 43 crystal ball selections?

I have a hard time believing he is 43/43 predicting a kids commitment this long before they sometimes pick.

I would guess he

1). Puts the pick in generally just as the kid is about to commit and it’s leaked where he is going

2) if he does put in a pick this far in advance he removes or changes it as we get closer

Can you take out a crystal ball after you put one in? If this guy Brian Snow is a Rivals anylast how is it he only has 43 crystal ball selections?

I have a hard time believing he is 43/43 predicting a kids commitment this long before they sometimes pick.

I would guess he

1). Puts the pick in generally just as the kid is about to commit and it’s leaked where he is going

2) if he does put in a pick this far in advance he removes or changes it as we get closer

This is exactly how he does it.

Reactions: Scangg

I would guess he

He is from 247. Probably explains it.

Don't know if any of you guys have ever been but ASU is an awfully nice destination.

The kind of school that even if you don't sign there you make the trip.
Like Univ. of Arizona campus better , but they are both really, really nice.

Why would you be disappointed we hired Hayn? Karl Hobbs and Brandon Knight have been on staff since day 1 of the pikiell era. no disrespect to either of them but as far as i know they havent sealed the deal with any top 50 guys either.

I would guess he

Brian Snow is not a Rivals analyst.

He probably has made 43 picks for the 2020 class, not 43 picks all-time.

Both Rivals and tos allow you to change your pick.

Why would you be disappointed we hired Hayn? Karl Hobbs and Brandon Knight have been on staff since day 1 of the pikiell era. no disrespect to either of them but as far as i know they havent sealed the deal with any top 50 guys either.

Yes, I think our staff is missing a dynamite recruiter. Which is why I wanted someone in that mold instead of Hayn.

I also wouldn't have been sad if Hobbs had taken the Howard job but that's another story.

I think that's his point. He doesn't have anything against Hayn but he wanted CSP to hire an assistant that would seal the deal with top-50 guys since nobody has done it yet.

Reactions: Scangg and kcg88
Yes, I think our staff is missing a dynamite recruiter. Which is why I wanted someone in that mold instead of Hayn.

I also wouldn't have been sad if Hobbs had taken the Howard job but that's another story.

fair enough. my point is similar to what you said about hobbs. year 4 with no real recruits other than the ones that pikiell has brought in. i dont blame hayn for any recruiting short comings ust yet. after this year pikiell will need to re-evaluate the program and see what changes need to be made to get to ext level.

I would guess he

Yes they can obviously change the pick later...the point is the analyst there and Rivals guy Corey Evans within 5 days make the same pick.

fair enough. my point is similar to what you said about hobbs. year 4 with no real recruits other than the ones that pikiell has brought in. i dont blame hayn for any recruiting short comings ust yet. after this year pikiell will need to re-evaluate the program and see what changes need to be made to get to ext level.
I don't really know much about Hobbs but it's not too unusual for one of the three assistants on a staff to be hired for something other than recruiting. Hobbs might excel in another area like scouting, player development, X&O guy for example.

Pitt has a likely verbal later this month from John Hugley and just picked up a 6'10 big last night. I am not sure taking 3 bigs makes sense for Pitt.

UConn is chasing a 2021 big Ferguson-Brown who is likely going to reclassify back to 2020....he has about a dozen high major offers from all the major conference teams. Landing Ferguson-Brown lightens the goal of having Cliff.

RU is involved now with a couple of new names that will surface but already was looking for 2 to maybe 3 bigs....if one of those bigs goes along with Reiber, RU can ride until the spring on Cliff and see what happens.

Last edited:
Reactions: fairhavenfool
ADVERTISEMENT