ADVERTISEMENT

Commit Alert: Austin Winship - Attack

Caliknight

Legend
Gold Member
Sep 21, 2001
From Minnesota. Highlights and quickness look a lot like Ross Scott's did at this stage. Says he's a righty but plays with both hands very well. In the common theme you see amongst our recruits, he's very athletic.

Nice to see that happening at Crabfest and NAL. I don't think the talent is deep in Minnesota, though I'm sure there are hidden gems.

Nice to see that happening at Crabfest and NAL. I don't think the talent is deep in Minnesota, though I'm sure there are hidden gems.

It's getting better. Lacrosse is growing rapidly in Minnesota. Maybe the fastest growing state out there. More talent in the D1 ranks every year from there.

The kid can play that's obvious.

Yea, the sports translate well. Really most sports translate well. Lacrosse is almost an amalgamation of the other sports. Soccer, football, hockey, basketball. I played a lot of hoops growing up and I think that was more beneficial for lacrosse than anything else I ever did.

Hockey guys are pretty noticeable on the lacrosse field. They have great hands, absorb contact really well, and get em around the crease and they are making plays, often in acrobatic ways. See Watson from the old Uva days. He played a lot of hockey growing up and you can clearly see that, especially around the crease.

Yea, the sports translate well. Really most sports translate well. Lacrosse is almost an amalgamation of the other sports. Soccer, football, hockey, basketball. I played a lot of hoops growing up and I think that was more beneficial for lacrosse than anything else I ever did.

Hockey guys are pretty noticeable on the lacrosse field. They have great hands, absorb contact really well, and get em around the crease and they are making plays, often in acrobatic ways. See Watson from the old Uva days. He played a lot of hockey growing up and you can clearly see that, especially around the crease.

Gretzky was reportedly a great box player.

He was. I was at a golf tournament not long ago and spoke a lot about lacrosse with him. He's a big fan of the game and loved playing.

This recruit is a 23 btw. We added another as well to this class. Brecht always saves something for the late bloomers. Smart play with the amount of still early recruiting.

This recruit is a 23 btw. We added another as well to this class. Brecht always saves something for the late bloomers. Smart play with the amount of still early recruiting.

On campus or January enrollee?

He was. I was at a golf tournament not long ago and spoke a lot about lacrosse with him. He's a big fan of the game and loved playing.

Love to have Gretzky, Jim Brown (if he still has his faculties @87 y/o) and Chris Hogan do a promo for ESPN coverage, May Madness in particular.

Reactions: bigmatt718
Jim Brown is a huge lacrosse fan. I asked him one time if he would have rather have played lacrosse or football and he told me if he could have made as much money playing lacrosse as he did football he would have played lacrosse.

Jim Brown is a huge lacrosse fan. I asked him one time if he would have rather have played lacrosse or football and he told me if he could have made as much money playing lacrosse as he did football he would have played lacrosse.

He's said that before. Best quote about his game was recounted by Dick Schapp, who was a freshman goalie for Cornell Brown's senior year. "Brown took 5 shots on me. 3 went in and 2 missed the net. I saw NONE of them.

How's he doing at nearly 90.

He's said that before. Best quote about his game was recounted by Dick Schapp, who was a freshman goalie for Cornell Brown's senior year. "Brown took 5 shots on me. 3 went in and 2 missed the net. I saw NONE of them.

How's he doing at nearly 90.

I used to see him hitting golf balls at this little muni. He was there every day.

He couldn't move and had no flexibility but damn if he didn't get the clubface square on the ball every time.

I stopped going there so not sure if he still posts up, but he was struggling the last time I did see him.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT