ADVERTISEMENT

Curious use of time outs

Antnee79

Sophomore
Nov 7, 2017
Can someone please explain to me why Pike called a time out at 7:10 right after the Geo three that put us up 60-57? That shot was a dagger and took the air out of the crowd and he stalls any momentum we may have gotten from that shot. Not to mention that right after that TO we go almost 6 minutes w/o a bucket. Then after the Reiber steal he does not call a TO with 20 sec left. I understand that Pike maybe wanted Minn to foul again before taking a TO but then after the foul with 11 secs left he still does not call one to set up a good play to make sure Baker got the ball with enough time for a good shot. It was not until the jump ball that he called the TO to set up the last shot with less than 6 secs left. The fact that I was not happy he set it up for Ron with the game Geo was having Is another issue.

I did not hear the presser; did anyone ask him about the TOs?

Pike also called a TO in the Iowa game after Ron’s lay up that put us up 44-43 with 3:24 left and the crowd going wild. Just don’t understand these TOs that seem to kill our mojo.

Can someone please explain to me why Pike called a time out at 7:10 right after the Geo three that put us up 60-57? That shot was a dagger and took the air out of the crowd and he stalls any momentum we may have gotten from that shot. Not to mention that right after that TO we go almost 6 minutes w/o a bucket. Then after the Reiber steal he does not call a TO with 20 sec left. I understand that Pike maybe wanted Minn to foul again before taking a TO but then after the foul with 11 secs left he still does not call one to set up a good play to make sure Baker got the ball with enough time for a good shot. It was not until the jump ball that he called the TO to set up the last shot with less than 6 secs left. The fact that I was not happy he set it up for Ron with the game Geo was having Is another issue.

I did not hear the presser; did anyone ask him about the TOs?

Pike also called a TO in the Iowa game after Ron’s lay up that put us up 44-43 with 3:24 left and the crowd going wild. Just don’t understand these TOs that seem to kill our mojo.
Very good point. A TO should have been called when Reiber intercepted the pass to set the final play up with ample time.

If my memory serves me right, did Pike also not call a TO at the end of the Iowa game and we lucked out with the foul?

Very good point. A TO should have been called when Reiber intercepted the pass to set the final play up with ample time.

If my memory serves me right, did Pike also not call a TO at the end of the Iowa game and we lucked out with the foul?
That's coaching....right??

That timeout after Geo hit the 3 was bizarre..do we know for sure Pike called that...we didnt score again for 6 minutes

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT