ADVERTISEMENT

Does Sheppard Get a Couple of Series in the Bowl Game?

colbert17

Heisman Winner
Aug 30, 2014
Bangkok, Thailand
I don't remember from GS 1.0 if he did this in bowl games or not. Can't really count the Gator Bowl because of the circumstances. This would be something pre planned and not linked to GW's performance. I would hope that he does.
Any thoughts?

I don't remember from GS 1.0 if he did this in bowl games or not. Can't really count the Gator Bowl because of the circumstances. This would be something pre planned and not linked to GW's performance. I would hope that he does.
Any thoughts?
Maybe if we get a real big lead.

I highly doubt we see Sheppard unless Wimsatt gets dinged, but I would like to see him get a series or two with a fully healthy Gavin watching and supporting him.

Doubtful.

Ideally Sheppard would have had no eligibility left for this game anyway.

GS doesnt want to lose to Mario. He has felt that Gavin gives us the best chance to win all year, so he is not going to put in a guy who hardly played

I agree give the kid 2 series with say 10 plays he owns and let’s see. I actually think this kid is a tank with a cannon. Give him a taste change of pace. May not have been ready earlier but with no Simon probably getting lots of reps.

If we don't steamroll Miami, there is a problem. Miami is depleted for this game
I don't think that RU has reached the point in the program's development where we should be expecting them to steamroll a team of Miami's caliber, even if they are mediocre by their standards. It's great if it happens.

I don't think that RU has reached the point in the program's development where we should be expecting them to steamroll a team of Miami's caliber, even if they are mediocre by their standards. It's great if it happens.
That’s just his excuse to bitch about Greg and Gavin even if we win without “blowing them away” which is an absolutely ridiculous comment even with the guys they do have sitting out.

Things a RB could do just as well if not better.
This is not true at all. Even with his inconsistency, opposing teams had to at least consider GW might fake a handoff and throw, or handoff, or run. And when the QB runs, there's an extra blocker. Without the advantage of the potential to pass, or the extra blocker, the RB has a tougher job.

And we saw several times in games this season that when our running game was struggling, the team was still able to get a couple/few decent rushing plays in with GW carrying the ball.

Reactions: Kbee3
Non Gavin qb's attempted 5 passes this year, 3 if which were due to injury. If we didn't try to develop backups when we had big leads I doubt we do it in a bowl. This is how to not develop a qb room.

Reactions: RUShea
I think he gets a few plays. Schiano said one of the most important parts of getting to a bowl was the backups/young players only practices. Letting starters rest and recover until 2 weeks out from bowl game while he holds full practices with players exactly in Ajani’s position

Reactions: Knightmoves
Many coaches don't like QB controversies and I think GS is one of them.
He's not one to switch QBs in and out.
We've seen guys throw 5 INTs and be ok.
If Gavin has a good game, and RU is winning with grease near the end, then Shep could get in game.
If Gavin does poorly I think GS avoids someone else and potentially looking good.
That would make for long off-season

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT