ADVERTISEMENT

Doucoure not in Spain

Is this a DOBO responsibility?
Good question and I do not know the answer. A team I cover had a player with a "visa issue" last summer. They were not going on a foreign trip, but he did have to leave the country and get the visa issue resolved. He didn't have to go back to his country (Australia) though, I think he flew to the Bahamas and get things taken care of and was back in a couple of days.

Wow..I don't recall him playing 6 games last year. Sorry he's missing some great food, spicy women, and great experience. Feel bad for him. Hopefully he'll get some great 1 on 1 time to work on things here.
Somebody take him to Newark for food!!

Reactions: HeavenUniv.
I have to think this was well known well in advance and they deliberately announced it before departing for some reason. Any experts in Mali-Spanish foreign relations here?

I see Flo Sports is streaming Seton Hall's overseas games this week (as well as Ga Tech and others) , I don't see RU's games on Flo Sports, or FS or any other streaming services. Anyone with online streaming info for RU BB this week?

I watched practice this morning at 10 AM and Coach told me about the issue and that they were hoping it could be resolved before they were to leave RU later in the afternoon. He also told me about the West Virginia player who did not make their trip as they were afraid that the kid might be detained in Spain. I feel bad for Doucoure as he practiced very well this morning.

I see Flo Sports is streaming Seton Hall's overseas games this week (as well as Ga Tech and others) , I don't see RU's games on Flo Sports, or FS or any other streaming services. Anyone with online streaming info for RU BB this week?
It's not being streamed

Reactions: Abro1975
Good question and I do not know the answer. A team I cover had a player with a "visa issue" last summer. They were not going on a foreign trip, but he did have to leave the country and get the visa issue resolved. He didn't have to go back to his country (Australia) though, I think he flew to the Bahamas and get things taken care of and was back in a couple of days.
Feel sorry for Doucoure. Shouldn’t have happened. The issue should have been addressed weeks before departure.

Will he be playing any pick up ball with former RU players while the current team is gone? Any staff members that are staying here? He may be the first Rutgers player to play in the new practice center unless there have already been guys playing in there and we didn’t hear about it.

These situations stink for the player. Duke will used to backup the starters. He will be needed.

Will he be playing any pick up ball with former RU players while the current team is gone? Any staff members that are staying here? He may be the first Rutgers player to play in the new practice center unless there have already been guys playing in there and we didn’t hear about it.

I hear he will be working on the practice facility hanging pictures and assembling furniture.

Feel sorry for Doucoure. Shouldn’t have happened. The issue should have been addressed weeks before departure.
I don't. It is his Visa. Ultimately it is up to the player to maintain his "status." It is not like the players were informed of this trip last week, or last month. There has been plenty of time to resolve Visa issues.

Having no details, there's no way to know where the blame should be. Government entities aren't known for efficiency or expediency, and he'd likely be dealing with three of them (USA, Mali, Spain). It's possible that he didn't take the steps he needed to take, but it's also possible that hangups in the process occurred even doing everything right.

I don't. It is his Visa. Ultimately it is up to the player to maintain his "status." It is not like the players were informed of this trip last week, or last month. There has been plenty of time to resolve Visa issues.
Yes- I know that I was a complete expert on visas at that age. We don’t know enough about the situation or how his country handles these things to cast judgment.

Oh my God. We are done. :Rutgers:Rutgers:Rutgers:Rutgers:):WideSmile::Laughing:ThumbsDown:Poop:Fire

PaKnight, thanks for the practice center update. Hope he doesn’t hang around the ice cream/yogurt/custard machine too often. Hate to see him put on 10 extra pounds while the team is away.

Reactions: PaKnight
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT