ADVERTISEMENT

Edey Taking a Beating

Knight Shift

Legend
May 19, 2011
Jersey Shore
His tweet did not age well.
The rebound off his head in the reply tweet is harsh. But at that moment when the ball smacked him in the head, it was game over.

This is why twitter needs to be shut down.

The dude went for 21 and 15 on 7-11 shooting lmao. Edey did his thing.
I notice FDU basically offset Purdue’s rebounding edge by forcing more turnovers. Great game plan and Purdue obliged by missing many open threes.

Reactions: MiloTalon13
I notice FDU basically offset Purdue’s rebounding edge by forcing more turnovers. Great game plan and Purdue obliged by missing many open threes.
That’s not a game plan FDU’s coach came up with. That scouting report has been out for about 2 months now.

I fully expect FDU to get mollywhopped tomorrow.

Is he one of the best basketball players in the country? Soft, immobile, and passive.
Ok then how about I'm pretty confident he'd score at will on/block at will any of those tweeters. And he probably wouldn't run to tweet some dumb meme after doing so.

It's not Edey's fault they couldn't get him the ball in the last part of the game. Gotta feed the hammer in crunch time.

Ok then how about I'm pretty confident he'd score at will on/block at will any of those tweeters. And he probably wouldn't run to tweet some dumb meme after doing so.

Oh yeah, I'm not excusing the Twitter stupidity. It's just when you said it, it made me think...I feel like he got exposed (despite the loss not being all his fault) and has limited upside at the next level. Definitely benefitted from B1G referees being in complete awe of him and having favorable whistles.

I have no idea how you can blame Edey for last night
Absolutely. He can get his and they can still shut down Purdue. The rest of the team looked in a funk. Even the Gillis kid wasn't shooting. Odd game plan. Credit to FDU for exposing them.

This is why twitter needs to be shut down.

The dude went for 21 and 15 on 7-11 shooting lmao. Edey did his thing.
Agreed. Edey played well. No one else showed up. Problem is their sloth brand of basketball simply doesn't work anymore, seemingly outside of Big Ten.

That’s not a game plan FDU’s coach came up with. That scouting report has been out for about 2 months now.

I fully expect FDU to get mollywhopped tomorrow.
Purdue guard play has been up and down for years now and that isn’t a secret. But, the coach still had to make choices in how to execute the strategy and this is still the biggest upset in the history of NCAA tournament. I believe the FDU coach even brought three Division 2! transfers with him from his old gig.

For anyone to put this loss on Edey is crazy. He's the reason they got there. In last night's game, the rest of the team shit the bed. They looked like they were afraid to shoot.
Or cut to the basket or attack closeouts
Coaching fail too

Reactions: #1 RUFan
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT