ADVERTISEMENT

Endgame philosophy

zebnatto

All Conference
May 7, 2008
Seems as though all these crazy finishes this year, perhaps it’s been on coming over several years, has prompted coaches to change their endgame philosophies. Now you see coaches down 11 points with 30 seconds left and still fouling. Think this is a new wrinkle to the philosophy of when to pull back and when to keep hoping for a miracle finish.

Reactions: rubigtimenow
What about late game inbound plays? Somebody yesterday did 4 guys out of bounds, like football trips wide and they basically ran a slant (pick) a deeper slant and the guy they wanted to get the ball just did a 1 yard button hook.
This is if I remembered it correctly. And it was easily inbounded both times.

Reactions: tm_nj and RU MAN
What about late game inbound plays? Somebody yesterday did 4 guys out of bounds, like football trips wide and they basically ran a slant (pick) a deeper slant and the guy they wanted to get the ball just did a 1 yard button hook.
I’ve always wondered why college teams didn’t just steal a good passing play against man from the football team and use it for their inbounds.

A few teams have been doing it after a made basket on rare occasions for while now. Baylor comes to mind. Seems like there could be a lot of variations of the play that could confuse defenders. A few short video clips:

• Love
Coaches will find a way to neutralize it. Can defenders also lineup out of bounds?

I've always heard the plan is,:
Seconds left in game divided by 2.
If that is more than the score deficit - you foul.

So if you are down 11 with 30sec left, you foul. (11 < 15).
Maybe it's different for college where making a 3pt is less likely.

I've always heard the plan is,:
Seconds left in game divided by 2.
If that is more than the score deficit - you foul.

So if you are down 11 with 30sec left, you foul. (11 < 15).
Maybe it's different for college where making a 3pt is less likely.
I don’t know about that. At least I never heard it before. Down thirty with a minute left? Down 66_52 w 30 secs left?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT