2016: 12/14 (avg. star rating 3.14)
2017: 11/14 (avg. star rating 3)
Average 6.6 wins per year over 9 years.

Recruiting seems to have gone up a tick under Moorhead
2018: 9/14 (avg. star rating 3.22)
2019: 11/14 (avg. star rating 3.33)
2020: 8/14 (avg. star rating 3.17)

ENOUGH WITH YOUR FACTS!!!! ARGHHH

People can question his HC based on this small sample but questioning his recruiting is dumb.
I also think if you hired him you’d get A bunch of PSU transfers. Obviously not starters but kids better than what we have in places. He was very popular there

You are, Moorhead has done that. He's recruited the NJ schools that you need to recruit to be successful. He's very well respected by Nj coaches and he understands the importance of having a NJ staff. He has 6 guys from Miss. on his staff. I doubt he knew those guys prior to being hired.
I’ve mentioned this before and it’s something that can be a negative when hiring a current HC...they often like to bring the most if not all their staff along. Moorhead was a coordinator when he got hired so had the “freedom” to pick whomever. Frost brought his whole crew from UCF to Nebraska.

The HC feels he got to where he is cause of his staff so he feels he owes it to them even if some might not be up to snuff at a new location or step up in level.

So unless someone off the staff gets promoted always a possibility most if not all come along for the ride.

Reactions: Wolv RU
MSU fans want a southern coach, just like you guys want a NJ guy

But I agree, we should set our sites higher. Maybe look for a guy who got blown out by UCONN in year 11

And that was a bad UConn team.

no one learned from the last time. Everyone threw out their wish list and ended up with Ash. I would be happy with anyone mentioned on the wish list. We can only be so lucky. No more surprises please.

Mostly wrong. Ash was intentionally floated out right before his hire to gauge fan reaction (this is commonplace by ADs and agents). They even created a myth how he was turning down the Cuse job to sell the hire. 99% fans on this board were fawning over Ash like a bunch of teenage girls (I was not one of them and ripped him from the moment his name was mentioned). I won't let this happen to you all again with Moorhead or some other joke of a candidate.

Reactions: bac2therac
Joe Moorhead BRUTAL record as HC:

Head coaching record

Fordham Rams (Patriot League) (2012–2015)
2012 Fordham 6–5
2013 Fordham 12–2
2014 Fordham 11–3
2015 Fordham 9–3
Fordham: 38–13

Mississippi State Bulldogs (Southeastern Conference) (2018–present)
2018 Mississippi State 8–5 (finished AP Poll at 25)
2019 Mississippi State 3–2
Mississippi State: 11–7
Total: 49–20

So So BRUTAL!!! Not even close to being .500 at either stop!

I’ve mentioned this before and it’s something that can be a negative when hiring a current HC...they often like to bring the most if not all their staff along.

In this case, that would be a positive (IMO). I'll take Moorhead and Shoop as a package deal.

Joe Moorhead BRUTAL record as HC:

Head coaching record

Fordham Rams (Patriot League) (2012–2015)
2012 Fordham 6–5
2013 Fordham 12–2
2014 Fordham 11–3
2015 Fordham 9–3
Fordham: 38–13

Mississippi State Bulldogs (Southeastern Conference) (2018–present)
2018 Mississippi State 8–5 (finished AP Poll at 25)
2019 Mississippi State 3–2
Mississippi State: 11–7
Total: 49–20

So So BRUTAL!!! Not even close to being .500 at either stop!

3 wins against teams as bad as us this year. How about you write me back at the end of this season? Deal?

I’ve mentioned this before and it’s something that can be a negative when hiring a current HC...they often like to bring the most if not all their staff along. Moorhead was a coordinator when he got hired so had the “freedom” to pick whomever. Frost brought his whole crew from UCF to Nebraska.

The HC feels he got to where he is cause of his staff so he feels he owes it to them even if some might not be up to snuff at a new location or step up in level.

So unless someone off the staff gets promoted always a possibility most if not all come along for the ride.
Can’t imagine 6 guys from Mississippi wanting to move to NJ. However, I’d keep a few for recruiting down there

In this case, that would be a positive (IMO). I'll take Moorhead and Shoop as a package deal.
Sure and I didn’t say it is definitely a negative only that it can be....Gary Waters in basketball until he hired Hill too is another example.

Mostly wrong. Ash was intentionally floated out right before his hire to gauge fan reaction (this is commonplace by ADs and agents). They even created a myth how he was turning down the Cuse job to sell the hire. 99% fans on this board were fawning over Ash like a bunch of teenage girls (I was not one of them and ripped him from the moment his name was mentioned). I won't let this happen to you all again with Moorhead or some other joke of a candidate.
No one mentioned Ash on this board as a wish list replacement. Yes, there were a lot of people that jump on the Ash train after it was announced. We can only be so lucky to land Moorehead, GS, or Butch. I have a feeling we are all going to be disappointed but supportive.

This is why we need to hire DAVE CLAWSON, a true program builder. Not some coordinator currently disguised as a head coach who rode Saquon Barkley's coattails to the bank (Moorhead).

Reactions: RutgersROB
The only guy on Earth who doesn’t want MORE HEAD.

Well it was me and about me and 3 others on this board who were not giddy over the Ash hire like you and the rest of the drones. I won't let you guys make that same mistake again with Lesshead.

Reactions: bac2therac
Im starting to like the idea of Moorhead. I really want the coach who can hit the transfer market the hardest. His psu ties, and familiarity with Jersey might can get some talent here

Hahahahahaha I told you Moorhead supporter clowns! Still think he's a good head coach? Hahahaha. He's getting absolutely dominated by a horrendous Tennessee team! Stay tuned.

Hahahahahaha I told you Moorhead supporter clowns! Still think he's a good head coach? Hahahaha. He's getting absolutely dominated by a horrendous Tennessee team! Stay tuned.
This isn't a game Miss St should lose, but you are just being obnoxious about your prediction by ignoring Tennessee is a completely different team since they finally benched Guarantano and went with the freshman Maurer.

He went 14-28 for 259 and 2 TDs against Georgia last week in a game that was relatively close before two late TDs. Guarantano was horrible before that.

This isn't a game Miss St should lose, but you are just being obnoxious about your prediction by ignoring Tennessee is a completely different team since they finally benched Guarantano and went with the freshman Maurer.

He went 14-28 for 259 and 2 TDs against Georgia last week in a game that was relatively close before two late TDs. Guarantano was horrible before that.

Oh please! Yes, JG stinks but they are starting a freshman QB now! They are currently the laughingstock of the SEC. By far the worst Tennessee team of my lifetime.

OMFG IT IS 7-3 dude
Keep looking foolish for defending him...GAME OVER, season over. Told you two weeks ago....

As I've said, he's a cute little coordinator, NOT A HEAD COACH. He owes his MSU contract all to Saquon Barkley, nothing else.

MSU #2 in nation with 16 takeaways already.
Any update on the game from you? Told you he was and has been a disaster. Watch him coach please and make sure you check out the MSU forums tonight! I'm not in the business of lying and I want a good coach for RU. Moorhead is an awful head coach. Plain and simple.

Any update on the game from you? Told you he was and has been a disaster. Watch him coach please and make sure you check out the MSU forums tonight! I'm not in the business of lying and I want a good coach for RU. Moorhead is an awful head coach. Plain and simple.

1) I never said anything outlandish about the guy, to the positive side, so let’s start the conversation there

2) You are the one who has made over the top comments about his career, yet his career record and his first year record at MSU, including 4 victories over ranked programs, last season, speak for themselves. All I’ve done is present faxed to you. Again, you’re more than welcome to your opinion, but it almost seems like he “banged your sister” or something you have such disdain for the guy lol

3) it’s 13-3 not 28-0...relax

1) I never said anything outlandish about the guy, to the positive side, so let’s start the conversation there

2) You are the one who has made over the top comments about his career, yet his career record and his first year record at MSU, including 4 victories over ranked programs, last season, speak for themselves. All I’ve done is present faxed to you. Again, you’re more than welcome to your opinion, but it almost seems like he “banged your sister” or something you have such disdain for the guy lol

3) it’s 13-3 not 28-0...relax

Mannnnn you are backpedaling big time. Unreal.

Mannnnn you are backpedaling big time. Unreal.

Really? Have I ever said that he was my top choice? No. All I’ve done is defend your outlandish remarks about him with facts. That’s it. Nothing more, nothing less, just providing facts. Again, you’re more than welcome to your opinion, but it’s a little over the top in this case IMHO. Do you have plain, incessantly, that he has been a “failure” at Mississippi State. To date, however, that simply is not factually correct.

BTW - I will give you full credit for calling this game two weeks ago should Tennessee hold on to win :ThumbsUp

He's a successful coach and has a job. Two things that your late night fantasy can't claim.

Really? Have I ever said that he was my top choice? No. All I’ve done is defend your outlandish remarks about him with fax. That’s it. Nothing more, nothing less, just providing facts. Again, you’re more than welcome to your opinion, but it’s a little over the top in this case IMHO. Do you have plain, incessantly, that he has been a “failure” at Mississippi State. To date, however, that simply is not factually correct.

I have not been over the top. He is currently getting dominated by the laughingstock of the SEC. I told you this was going to happen two weeks ago. He's been a disaster! Anyone that has watched him at MSU and knows football knows this has been the case. He severely underachieved last year with a talented roster as I've said and has been a complete joke this year. The entire MSU fan base wants him fired. Those are the facts. No hyperbole. He still hasn't even played the top SEC teams yet this year!

I have not been over the top. He is currently getting dominated by the laughingstock of the SEC. He's been a disaster! Anyone that has watched him at MSU and knows football knows this has been the case. He severely underachieved last year with a talented roster as I've said and has been a complete joke this year. The entire MSU fan base wants him fired. Those are the facts. No hyperbole. He still hasn't even played to top SEC teams yet this year!

1) I’m watching the game. It’s an awful game. 14 to 3 is not “dominating”

2) He beat 4 top 20 teams, including #8 (IIRC) Auburn, last year. That is in no way, shape, or form, a “disaster”

...those are 2 STUNNING examples of “hyperbole” my friend.

1) I’m watching the game. It’s an awful game. 14 to 3 is not “dominating”

2) He beat 4 top 20 teams, including #8 (IIRC) Auburn, last year. That is in no way, shape, or form, a “disaster”

...those are 2 STUNNING examples of “hyperbole” my friend.

I beg you don't waste your time with this moron.

Reactions: Hondo77
I beg you don't waste your time with this moron.

Uh, Tenn has thrown two red zone int's and STILL are destroying him. His offense looks worse than Zach Mehringer's.

Again, proves you don't know college football if you don't think he underachieved last year. Most teams in SEC are ranked so that's a moot point + and I say it again he had a ton of talent left over from Dan Mullen. Everything I've said about him has proven true today. But you two delusional folks can carry on...Enjoy reading the Miss St. forum who is referring to him as an absolute "clown show."

Uh, Tenn has thrown two red zone int's and STILL are destroying him. His offense looks worse than Zach Mehringer's.

Again, proves you don't know college football if you don't think he underachieved last year. Most teams in SEC are ranked so that's a moot point + and I say it again he had a ton of talent left over from Dan Mullen. Everything I've said about him has proven true today. But you two delusional folks can carry on...Enjoy reading the Miss St. forum who is referring to him as an absolute "clown show."

Welcome to my Ignore list, Dickless.

Reactions: Hondo77
13-10 after a 90-yard drive but, yeah, they’re getting “dominated” LOL!

Hahahahaha you haven't been watching the game huh? It's been utter domination and should be about 40-10 if they didn't throw int's in the red zone. Bottom line is HE'S GOING TO LOSE TO A PUTRID TENNESSEE TEAM, get it?

Enjoy some reading on the Miss St. forums right now about your boy Borehead. They are already looking for new coaching names! Hahahahahaha.

Reactions: wisr01
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT