ADVERTISEMENT

FANS need to bring A game to blackout

Scarlet Shack

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Feb 4, 2004
RAC was not on A game against Nebraska …and candidly , it’s not the first time it wasn’t on its A game this year

We are potentially short handed and REALLY need to bring the energy Thursday night to get a win here and sone breathing room gojng into the last three

Riot squad …you guys are awesome but you need to get your fellow students loud and in the game ….LOUD

Rest of us ..it’s a 830 start . No excuse to not be there on time .

Wear black, rest the voice …and LETS BRING IT…..

100% spot-on buddy. I was looking around during the Nebraska game, early, and the 200’s/300’s were zombie-like EVEN AT 16-10. Even a couple times late in the game when we cut into the lead and had a chance it didn’t get rock in the way I expected it to. Then the wind got completely taken out of the sails when we had it down to 6, Cliff got called for that out of bounds when he was 2 feet from the base line, and then they hit a 3.

Reactions: ScarletDave
RAC was not on A game against Nebraska …and candidly , it’s not the first time it wasn’t on its A game this year

We are potentially short handed and REALLY need to bring the energy Thursday night to get a win here and sone breathing room gojng into the last three

Riot squad …you guys are awesome but you need to get your fellow students loud and in the game ….LOUD

Beyond the Riot Squad the student section is substandard given its a ncaa season

Rest of us ..it’s a 830 start . No excuse to not be there on time .

Wear black, rest the voice …and LETS BRING IT…..

Crowd was tremendous in 2019-2020 but nowhere near that in 2022-33

products-81OjLGNO5VL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
How’s this?

I kind of think it will distract from the basketball to be honest.

8:30 tip. 70 degrees outside. Blackout game. Michigan.

Not worried about fans or students bringing their A game.

To be fair, the crowd tried to get into it and be a factor against Nebraska but our team’s play wouldn’t let them. Give the crowd a strong opening until the first TV timeout and we’ll be good. Frankly, I’m surprised at the knowledgeable and seasoned posters in this thread calling out the fans in that game.

As someone just watching on TV from Texas, you can tell when the RAC is angry right through the screen. We need a greased up crowd Thursday night. It’s 8:30. It’s Michigan. It’s Jawan Howard. March is right around the corner. Double bye out there. Still work to do to sleep well on Selection Sunday. It’s go time.

What was really weird was that there were T-shirts on every seat in the student section and half the students didn’t even bother putting them on. Red ones. I’ll never understand that.

Reactions: Scarlet Shack
To be fair, the crowd tried to get into it and be a factor against Nebraska but our team’s play wouldn’t let them. Give the crowd a strong opening until the first TV timeout and we’ll be good. Frankly, I’m surprised at the knowledgeable and seasoned posters in this thread calling out the fans in that game.

Fans should bring the same energy every game but also have to factor in who we were playing (Nebraska).

Naturally fans don’t get as amped when it’s a team we should be steamrolling.

We were up 16-10….we looked REALLY good through the 1st TO IIRC

Crowd was tremendous in 2019-2020 but nowhere near that in 2022-33

This year we have had good games …but not as sustained

I wonder if sone of that is the fact the student tickets are almost lottery and a different crowd every game …and the lack of continuity (and the constantly changing music And
When it’s played during the game )…has the students (not including the outstanding riot squad) not as in tuned ….

Reactions: shields

I didnt like blame the fans for the Nebby atmosphere...team shit the bed

BUT overall this year something is lacking with the RAC atmosphere...dont see as much hunger from the students...there have been better and more engaged student sections in the Rice years

This year we have had good games …but not as sustained

I wonder if sone of that is the fact the student tickets are almost lottery and a different crowd every game …and the lack of continuity (and the constantly changing music And
When it’s played during the game )…has the students (not including the outstanding riot squad) not as in tuned ….

definitely the overuse of music is killing things...seems like same crappy music at 100 decibels played everyone in the country...dont get it. The bands have generally become obsolete

definitely the overuse of music is killing things...seems like same crappy music at 100 decibels played everyone in the country...dont get it. The bands have generally become obsolete

It’s not the music …it’s thar they mix it up so much that there’s isn’t enough “we know what to do …let’s get into it and go crazy”

I know the Humm is kinda out there now…but at the 8 minute mark …it was something everyone knew was coming and time to amp everyone else up

Doesn’t have to be knight pulse …but we need something to get everyone on a different level as the game gets later …the fans need to stop bringing their nerves to the tension and JUST GET LOUDER….as the game gets more desperate

Nebraska game felt so gimmicky also...haven't seen that at the games this year with kiss cams and pizza eating contest...that stuff needs to go!

I also happened to sit in my season ticket seats in the 200s for only the 3rd time this year (I keep buying up into the 100s) and the atmosphere felt so off right from the start. I know we came out playing well but something just did not feel right.
I will again be sitting down in the 100s this week with 3 of my friends and I just know the crowd gets into it more when I sit lower so I am looking forward to this game.

Reactions: rubigtimenow
I miss the band. It was a huge part of the college experience when I was a student. The DJ instead takes away from that

Typing this makes me feel old but I'm not THAT old haha. I actually like EDM, but the band is soooo much better for a college environment it's not even close

Nebraska game felt so gimmicky also...haven't seen that at the games this year with kiss cams and pizza eating contest...that stuff needs to go!

I also happened to sit in my season ticket seats in the 200s for only the 3rd time this year (I keep buying up into the 100s) and the atmosphere felt so off right from the start. I know we came out playing well but something just did not feel right.
I will again be sitting down in the 100s this week with 3 of my friends and I just know the crowd gets into it more when I sit lower so I am looking forward to this game.

Yeah not a fan of pizza contest during a game WHILE losing

Meanwhile the powers that be have stepped their confiscating waters and snacks that people bring in

Reactions: RUBlackout
The team has to play well to keep the crowd in it
If they get off to a poor start and cannot put two baskets in a row together the crowd may not be a factor
It has been that way

Another thing that I think we need to do is all stand until our team scores from the opening tip. Would get the team pumped from the onset IMO...instead people are so quick to sit

The statues in the 100's won't make much noise unless Pikiell stands up with his "why the hell are you so quiet" hand wave. 😂 😂

Nebraska was a late arriving crowd, probably due to people going out for Valentine’s Day dinners, and we were also supposed to blow them out. The last really loud crowd this year was at MSG and the Ohio State game before that.

The crowd needs to be loud when we are on defense ESPECIALLY if we are not winning. Michigan and Northwester need the RAC to rock, and we all know that the crowd could definitely impact a game at the RAC. Let’s do this!

Scarlet Jerry

I think I read most articles - but a comment from Scangg yesterday was the first time I saw a reference that Thursday is a Black Out - so thanks to all for pointing that out; guess I just missed all the previous advertising.

Reactions: ldwnmas and Scangg
The statues in the 100's won't make much noise unless Pikiell stands up with his "why the hell are you so quiet" hand wave. 😂 😂
I will be sitting in 103 Row B and I will be VERY loud all game...probably not to the liking of the "sitdown crowd"

As Zap said in another thread, the team’s play is key to igniting the RAC. Against Nebraska, the team never got on track and there was little to cheer for. No intensity on D and too many lulls offensively. Plus, on Valentines Day there were lots of empty seats, including in the student section. Hopefully having Michigan in town for a blackout will change all that.

Yeah not a fan of pizza contest during a game WHILE losing

Meanwhile the powers that be have stepped their confiscating waters and snacks that people bring in
I wasn’t there but I’d bet it was sponsored. Can’t just cancel that because the team is getting beat.

For people to say the RAC was lame against Nebraska is ridiculous.
The place was ready and begging to explode on multiple occasions.
No stops, No scores = Low energy RAC.

The OP already knows the RAC will be “The Bomb” if we’re getting stops and scores against Michigan and the game is close…He already knows it!!!!!

I’ll never understand fans attacking other fans?
Now 40 year diehard, money contributing fans in the 100s are lame

Another thing that I think we need to do is all stand until our team scores from the opening tip. Would get the team pumped from the onset IMO... instead people are so quick to sit
Love that idea
Cuse & UConn do it and I think it's a great tradition
I'd be in favor of adopting it, as well as a roll call of the bench / starters from the student section ala Yankee Stadium before the opening tip

Love that idea
Cuse & UConn do it and I think it's a great tradition
I'd be in favor of adopting it, as well as a roll call of the bench / starters from the student section ala Yankee Stadium before the opening tip
Now that would be an awesome idea from the student section

We've had some tough scheduling this year that has caused me to have to miss some games. I'll be there tonight and plan on being loud...im worried about us without Caleb. But hoping for the best

For people to say the RAC was lame against Nebraska is ridiculous.
The place was ready and begging to explode on multiple occasions.
No stops, No scores = Low energy RAC.

The OP already knows the RAC will be “The Bomb” if we’re getting stops and scores against Michigan and the game is close…He already knows it!!!!!

I’ll never understand fans attacking other fans?
Now 40 year diehard, money contributing fans in the 100s are lame

Zappaa…

I didn’t attack other fans (others have, of course, but not me)

What I said was the RAC was not on its A game on Wednesday …as well as a couple of other times this year

IMO….part of what makes a fan base great and a home court advantage great is the fan base that can give the team a little extra juice when it’s needed. Just think that the expectations are higher and the cumulative fan base kinda expects it a little more , and reacts to the game
More than making the reaction like the past.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT