ADVERTISEMENT

Feel better about Friday now

Passe24

Junior
Gold Member
May 9, 2011
Mich beat up Lehigh today. Profaci with the win over Cruz and There 149 pounder took out Gardner who is a top10 guy. Not so mad about Friday anymore. Lehigh was missing some tip guys but still. Nice win.

Lehigh was missing Kutler and Parker who both would have won and their 197 Haas who is a senior. Their back-ups who wrestled are weak. If Lehigh is healthy, they are a powerhouse. They have 8 round of 12 candidates (little Cruz, Parker, big Cruz, Gardner, Kutler, Minotti, Preisch and Vollaro). Little Cruz, Parker, Kutler and Preisch are strong candidates to AA.

Lehigh was missing Kutler and Parker who both would have won and their 197 Haas who is a senior. Their back-ups who wrestled are weak. If Lehigh is healthy, they are a powerhouse. They have 8 round of 12 candidates (little Cruz, Parker, big Cruz, Gardner, Kutler, Minotti, Preisch and Vollaro). Little Cruz, Parker, Kutler and Preisch are strong candidates to AA.
Ya think Parker beats Micic?

Ashnault really needs his own appreciation thread.

2014-15: CKLV 4th, B1G 5th, NCAA 8th
2015-16: Midlands 4th, B1G 1st, NCAA 4th
2016-17: Midlands 3rd

He's already scored more NCAA team points than anyone in Rutgers history. He's 22-3 on the season so far, with his 3 losses coming from 2, consensus top 5 wrestlers by a combined 4 points. He just recently beat the starters from Michigan State, Michigan, Purdue, Oregon State, Penn State and Illinois by a combined 53-8.

I mean he's pretty good.

FYI. I love Ash. And I do think he is the best wrestler in our history. But Heil hardly gets any bonus points. So the fact that he had dec against Meeks and Ash tech him doesn't mean much.

FYI. I love Ash. And I do think he is the best wrestler in our history. But Heil hardly gets any bonus points. So the fact that he had dec against Meeks and Ash tech him doesn't mean much.

Exactly my point to other posters or poster saying that Ant isn't getting bonus points against "inferior wrestlers" so that makes him a "second tier wrestler. It's about the W. See ya at Pappy's Smokehouse in 6 weeks

For the haters

1/29 #1 Heil, Dean Oklahoma StateDec. 8-5 . #83 John Meeks Iowa St 141

12/29 #6 Ashnault, Anthony RUTGERS TF 17-0 7:00 #83 John Meeks Iowa St 141

Just sayin'.......................................

Good stat - but please don't start that hater talk. You know that that is not the case here at all. Our community is exceptionally positive and supportive of our guys. It's ok to have high expectations for our top guys, and I think that that is a necessary thing in becoming an elite program.

RU/NJ wrestling keep moving forward!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT