ADVERTISEMENT

Fernandes

ScarletR30

Sophomore
Aug 19, 2008
For all the guff that Simpson is taking in here can we turn it to this guy?

It is very obvious he is not a high major player.

No confidence, poor d, hesitant. If this is a lost season and J-Mike stays healthy, I need to see him a majority of the time. I was willing to give it time but I do not see how he competes in B1G play.

Need to know what we have for next year so we know what to get in the portal.

For all the guff that Simpson is taking in here can we turn it to this guy?

It is very obvious he is not a high major player.

No confidence, poor d, hesitant. If this is a lost season and J-Mike stays healthy, I need to see him a majority of the time. I was willing to give it time but I do not see how he competes in B1G play.

Need to know what we have for next year so we know what to get in the portal.
If bringing Noah in was a factor in losing Paul … we got the very short end of that (if true)

He must have had a -45 today. Couldn't guard and I don't remember him scoring or even attempting a shot.

By the way, I am not trusting the reports on J Williams that he will actually be good. The same reports said this team could shoot, score and was actually good. Don’t trust the reports as they have not been accurate regarding this team.
Agree with this. The J Williams reports made him sounds like all B1G

Agree with this. The J Williams reports made him sounds like all B1G

I feel like he is First Team Big Ten already and dude has never played a second in the conference. All of the reports on this team have proven to be false. Not buying the narrative that J Williams is a good player until I actually SEE IT. I have not seen it with Noah so why would I assume it to be true with J Williams.

I feel like he is First Team Big Ten already and dude has never played a second in the conference. All of the reports on this team have proven to be false. Not buying the narrative that J Williams is a good player until I actually SEE IT. I have not seen it with Noah so why would I assume it to be true with J Williams.
It's not hard to believe that J Will looks good going against Noah and Simpson

And he was being guarded by a player a half a foot taller much of the time. That didn't help either. Lack of size in the backcourt a real issue
I'm sure he was going against bigger players in the A10 most nights too.

Fernandes has brought very little that was hoped for from him. We saw a couple flashes from him, basically a strong SHU game, but other than that he has been amazingly underwhelming, especially when you reflect back on all the offseason reports and all he would bring to this team.

Fernandes has brought very little that was hoped for from him. We saw a couple flashes from him, basically a strong SHU game, but other than that he has been amazingly underwhelming, especially when you reflect back on all the offseason reports and all he would bring to this team.
Underwhelming is an understatement. He’s been really bad except for one game.

Even against one of the worse teams in college basketball Fernandes and his teammates performed in a manner that just might be a indicator of what will happen for the rest of the season.There isn't one go to scorer at crunch time and scoring droughts have become the norm.

Our guards were horrific no doubt, but literally no one in an RU uniform played well, and the coaching didn't help any.
This

U have to hang this on the coaches as well

I knew we would be bad this year but wtf...

Did you see his SWIPE on the last play? Very easily could have lead to foul shots and an L.

Ok turning the team over to JMD and use Fernandes as instant offense attempt.

Reactions: Doteman and Scangg
He's just not bringing the consistency leadership and ability to run an offense that you need from a senior PG portal transfer
This is why he was brought in and it's just not there. Huge whiff because we absolutely need a leader to step up.

I watched the game on TV and during the final timeout, he should have been animated and calling the shots. Mag had to step up and take charge.

The guard play has been horrible on O but IMO even worse on D. Since Pike has been here the guards have done A LOT of the dirty work and rebounding. Now we are being exposed. It was a huge luxury to have guards that were 6’5” +

Something seems wrong with him. You don’t score 13pts / game in A10 and then turn into a scrub against low majors. Definitely not a tough minded guard.
In the off-season pikell kept hunting that this guy WOULD be good WHEN he gets into shape. It does look like he's touched the weight room since he's been in college. And he recently had a child believe he moved to NJ with his family. That man is not an NCAA basketball player anymore. He looks 32 out there...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT