ADVERTISEMENT

Future OOC schedule suggestion

Mr_Twister

Heisman Winner
Apr 1, 2004
AD Hobb/Coach Pikiell —
Please get us included in a future Fort Myers (FL) Tip-Off.
This year’s edition has 2 divisions - Ga Tech, Marquette, Mississippi State, Utah and Northern Illinois (coached by Rashod Burno), Sam Houston, LIU (coached by Rod Strickland), South Dakota.
Rutgers would be comfortable in either division, and Rutgers fans would love a trip to southwest Florida as well as Rutgers fans already living there.
This year’s dates: November 21-23 2022.

Actually any Tournament would be fine and fun !

It befuddles me how we have not played in 1 in season tournament since Pike / Hobbs arrived (and I love Pike).

Besides the importance of the games , you get national exposure as most of these tournaments are televised on ESPN Network.

Last edited:
Jimmy V. Classic is a no brainer. Should be in it every year.
Once in a while it would be fine I guess, but every year? No thanks. We’re playing at MSG already this season. We don’t “need” another game there.

Let the kids get the experience of staying over somewhere for an event. As unpopular as it is, that’s the benefit of CT over Atlantic City. I’m sure the team is staying the night at Mohegan. It’ll be a fun experience for them even if our fans don’t trek out there for the game. It’s not the same as a tourney though.

A bracket format would be ideal. Not only is it more interesting, you also don’t get stuck with the opposing fan bases rooting on the underdog midmajor in those - it’s usually the opposite. The headliners want to advance to play each other. The bigger traveling fan bases usually support the favorites in those for game one.

Rutgers and NC State hosting two name programs in the Garden would be huge. The Jimmy V. Classic is or should be a National college basketball event, and Rutgers and NC State should be involved in it.

Rutgers can play an SEC opponent, Texas, Oklahoma, Kentucky, LSU, Tennessee, Florida, Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn etc

NC State could play a Big East team for some additional local flavor or another National program, Villanova, UConn, Arizona, B1G team etc

For me this would be huge in so many ways. Exposure, recruiting, schedule etc.

Like I said, no brainer.

Reactions: ScarletKid2008
AD Hobb/Coach Pikiell —
Please get us included in a future Fort Myers (FL) Tip-Off.
This year’s edition has 2 divisions - Ga Tech, Marquette, Mississippi State, Utah and Northern Illinois (coached by Rashod Burno), Sam Houston, LIU (coached by Rod Strickland), South Dakota.
Rutgers would be comfortable in either division, and Rutgers fans would love a trip to southwest Florida as well as Rutgers fans already living there.
This year’s dates: November 21-23 2022.

One division is for mid majors and one division is for high majors.

Yes. RU in a nationally televised tournament at the Garden every single year would be tremendous for the advancement of our brand. And it’s like a free nuetral site “home”’ish game for us.

Reactions: MadRU
Yes. RU in a nationally televised tournament at the Garden every single year would be tremendous for the advancement of our brand. And it’s like a free nuetral site “home”’ish game for us.
It’s not a tournament. Just a game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT