ADVERTISEMENT

Game Thread

this is worse than the Fred Hill years

and yes we have eclipsed the Littlepage years...rock bottom hasn't even happened yet...we will have our biggest lost of the season tonight...a Louisville esque beatdown of 30-40 points

What a sad sad sad coaching staff sitting on the bench have no f'ing clue what is going on and not even blinking an eye on that last dunk.

Originally posted by RocktheRac:
What a sad sad sad coaching staff sitting on the bench have no f'ing clue what is going on and not even blinking an eye on that last dunk.
I would say we have the worst assistant coaching staff of any power 5 conference school...maybe that's why Eddie does not allow them to do anything

Originally posted by bac2therac:
Originally posted by RocktheRac:
I would say we have the worst assistant coaching staff of any power 5 conference school...maybe that's why Eddie does not allow them to do anything
I would include other schools besides Power 5. Shoe's doing a top notch job.

Announcers:

Rutgers struggles at the line
Rutgers can't shoot
Rutgers can't defend the paint
Another Rutgers turnover
Rutgers doesn't move the ball
Shouldn't Jack be in the middle?
Another Dunk, that makes five.
Rutgers can't finish at the rim.
Oh and we even got a Not Since Littlepaige mention on loss streak.

I personally loved the inbounds pass from Okoro throwing it to Lewis as he was coming back across the mid court line..perfectly timed so he could catch it on 1 side and then land on the over for the over and back. Brilliant.

Even so, Rutgers played its best with Jack, E2, Bishop, and even for a time Mack on the bench. Put them back in and the lead blew up closer to 20 from 12. to end the half.
This post was edited on 2/19 9:03 PM by 1984

Originally posted by bac2therac:
Originally posted by Aggs:
Actually the majority of Iowa fans want Fran McCaff gone and he's crazier than Mike Rice.

Tonight's not about Iowa being great. It's about Rutgers.
Iowa fans need to get a grip. They are not Wisconsin or Michigan State. They ran Alford out...now they want to ride McCaffery out..lol good we will take him. McCaffery got them to the NCAA in year 4 in a very tough league...they are most likely gong to go against for a 2nd straight year.
McCaffery is a good coach. Have never been a big Alford fan.

Purdue upsets Indiana...a huge quality road win that puts them in the field of 68 for now. I think they are 2nd or 3rd now in the league. This team finished dead last in the Big 10 last year with 5 conference wins and now they will likely finish in the top 4

what coach allows his team to be dunked like on that...this team is charmin soft, they are a reflection of their coaches attitude toward them

so embarrassing right now, you can hear the audible laughter from the crowd

Originally posted by Aggs:
I'm not surprised. It's no secret Purdue is a good team.
who gets coach of the year...Painter or Ryan...the way Wisky is dominating the league is tough to not give it to him but Painter has clearly done the best job of anyone given where they were last year

Eddie better do some soul searching on his coaching style.

Game after game we get abused. Highlight reels.

And now we get an angry Indiana team on Saturday. Fun watching a team like Purdue improve during the year.

The more we practice and play, the worse we get.

It's like the bizarro world.

We'll be a high school JV team by the B1G tournament.

It ain't just Eddie. These kids are soft as charmin. Defense is an attitude and is very elementary at its core. It does take will and effort, which any athlete should show a hell of a lot more than these kids show. They are fully accepting of being dunk dummies. That is straight up heart. Everything you needed to know you learned in CYO when it comes to not allowing yourself to be abused. You have it or you don't.

I don't have any words anymore. Zero passion, zero leadership, zero shooters, horrendously coached. As pathetic as it can get. We're the Washington Generals.

Team is shooting 27%. Patrick says it all the time. TEAM CAN"T shoot the ball.

For those of you clamoring for Williams and bashing Daniels... Poor shooting all year.

Originally posted by shields:

Team is shooting 27%. Patrick says it all the time. TEAM CAN"T shoot the ball.
Can't shoot, and have no balls to defend. That is a horrible mix.

Originally posted by Caliknight:

It ain't just Eddie. These kids are soft as charmin. Defense is an attitude and is very elementary at its core. It does take will and effort, which any athlete should show a hell of a lot more than these kids show. They are fully accepting of being dunk dummies. That is straight up heart. Everything you needed to know you learned in CYO when it comes to not allowing yourself to be abused. You have it or you don't.
Stop making excuses! It is the end of his 2nd year you need to see some kind of improvement somewhere. He is the one responsible for the product on the floor.His laid back style is a major disaster.

Originally posted by G- RUnit:
For those of you clamoring for Williams and bashing Daniels... Poor shooting all year.
But Williams hustles and plays hard at least.

Daniels plays nice D. Would like to see Dadika get a shot. Williams has shot so poorly..

I turn it on and what do I see? BK and his lovely bride sitting behind Eddie .I hope this guy lives until he is 100 but when he goes they better name some part of the RAC in his honor,, There has never been a more devoted fan of any team. I hope he gets rewarded someday for his love of Rutgers hoops..

I really hope there's no posts about the positives we can take from this game, b/c there is absolutely zip

Big Ten coach said he thinks Williams is going to be a good Big Ten player. I say who I will be in trouble.

Originally posted by G- RUnit:
Daniels plays nice D. Would like to see Dadika get a shot. Williams has shot so poorly..
Daniels plays no D. He is a turnstyle that leads to draw and dump lay ups/dunks. His defensive awareness is horrendous. I question who coached this guy his whole life. He has a challenging time locating ball/man and is constantly out of position on the defensive end. Looks like he is playing an AAU game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT