ADVERTISEMENT

Football GAMEDAY THREAD: Rutgers Football versus UCLA

If it’s not injuries, why wasn’t it happening all season long?

Yes - clearly the D wasn’t legendarily bad (borrowing the term from Plum) until the injuries. But this level of bad is historic and the injuries do not make it acceptable. UCLA came into the game netting about 1700 yards of offense through 6 games. They are on pace to put up 600 against us.

How f'n hard is it to cover the tight end? And another missed tackle on the next play. This coaching absolutely sucks and the players are not executing either.
They're not used to it. The offense they play against in practice only has 1 play for the TE.

Half: UCLA 21, Rutgers 10.

The Scarlet Knights defense, decimated by injuries, cannot stop UCLA's horrendous offense. The Bruins - who ranked 128th nationally in total offense (272 yards) and 127th nationally in scoring offense (14.5 points) have scored 3 touchdowns on 4 drives, going 4/6 on third down and 1/1 on fourth down. Rutgers cannot tackle, cannot cover, cannot pressure the quarterback.

Joe Harasymiak's unit is a mess.

Rutgers' offense, meanwhile, had one good drive to start the game, but has stalled 3 other times. Rutgers had a 4th-and-2 at midfield on its 2nd drive, but elected to punt.

This is a disheartening display for Rutgers football...has recruiting been that bad? A couple of injuries leads to this? I didn't even know bienamy was the offensive coordinator for UCLA, has them looking like the chiefs out there...schiano has to shake things up some how... usually able to depend on the defense showing up...UCLA has talented players but a developmental program should have some guys ready to go when injuries happen..

UCLA with NINE minute possession advantage in first half.
AK having his best game.
RU passing 121 yds and rushing 51 yds.
If AK can keep some of those sideline passes from sailing out of bounds Black can make the catch
He caught a nice one hander but just OOB.

No - this isn’t play calling. The D just isn’t good. Its easily bottom 25 in all of FBS.
not today it isn't.. but AK's not looking off coverage costs us Monangai.. UCLA DBs have learned AK's patterns and timing. Danger time. And his accuracy dropped.

I don't understand it...they fair catch everything...what is that about? No returns , no screen passes..It's like the coaches are afraid of everything...going to log off, don't want to scare off any recruits with my negativity but wth is this about?

This team?
Maybe they have no back-ups and have to be safe lol

• Haha
Reactions: Jerseylegends
You can’t have Deshaun foster come in here and out coach you ?? I mean his Jackie Robinson hat is cool , considering UCLA and Robinson played 25 miles from here

But Can you ?

Interesting to see a pro OC (Biennemey) vs college journeyman (Ciarrocca). We are so overmatched coaching wise.
Imagine this team next year when all the seniors graduate.
you don’t need to imagine. You are witnessing the best it will be.

You can’t have Deshaun foster come in here and out coach you ?? I mean his Jackie Robinson hat is cool , considering UCLA and Robinson played 25 miles from here

But Can you ?
I’m not sure we’re being out coached. I think we’re just not good with the personnel available to play today. The D is truly awful. I honestly think Akron’s starters are better.

This was going to be our year - tons of returning players, better QB, stud RB, easiest schedule in forever.

This is just crushing - I can't imagine what they players are thinking.

Reactions: ScarletDave
I should've known those early wins were fools gold...Rutgers does some things I've never seen done anywhere else, not even in highschool...that stupid a** read option where the QB holds on for what seems like forever with the ball in the end chest before letting go. And he NEVER keeps it, No screen passes, no dynamic route concepts or motions to get receivers open. The QB run his alot of things last year but I thought they would open things up this year with a different QB. Guess I was wrong if they were going to continue with this style of play why even change QBs? Open up the offense! Idk what to say about the defense, losing you're and having Powell less than 100% sucks but come on, none of these guys are developing? Are these guys partying now or what? Seems like leadership within the locker room is not there either, pride has to kick in at some point..

Reactions: BossNJ
I’m not sure we’re being out coached. I think we’re just not good with the personnel available to play today. The D is truly awful. I honestly think Akron’s starters are better.
Total BS. Our LBers other than Powell have been grossly out of position all year. We can’t tackle, we constantly take bad angles. That’s s coaching

Reactions: Rokodesh
They Pull Me Back In Al Pacino GIF by The Godfather

I should've known those early wins were fools gold...Rutgers does some things I've never seen done anywhere else, not even in highschool...that stupid a** read option where the QB holds on for what seems like forever with the ball in the end chest before letting go. And he NEVER keeps it, No screen passes, no dynamic route concepts or motions to get receivers open. T

I always thought the play seemed like "high school genius" material.

Reactions: Jerseylegends
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT