ADVERTISEMENT

Football GAMEDAY THREAD: Rutgers Football vs. Michigan State

I am sorry but that kind of logic does not make any sense - if you turn it over at the 35 or at the 45 MSU’s chance of scoring is not much different especially if it’s a pick. It was complete mismanagment by Schiano - and I am a huge fan of him

He ate up clock and ran the ball until we were out of MSU’s field goal range and there was only time for MSU to run a play or two if they got the ball back.

Keep in mind MSU has only hit one FG over 30 yards all season. So you can get more aggressive when you’re nearing midfield with less time. They would need a few plays to get a FG off.

Lol BTN Rick Pizzo and coach Mel Tucker laughing Schiano off the field together in the interview there at the end. Embarrassing

Reactions: RutgersSam
you have the ball. you have 3 timeouts. you need at least 8 points eventually to win the game. your offense has trouble scoring. and you run out the clock?
It was a complete joke. We're going to run the clock out, nope no we're not, yup we're going to run the clock out. I've never seen more idiotic coaching in my life.

OK, last series was awful.

BUT, we are within 1 score.
Offense had a 90+ yard 4 minute drive.

If we can keep up the 2nd qtr offense and lock down their run game we may pull this out.

Isn't MSU thin with player suspensions?
If so they may wear down IF we can control the run games.

Let's GO

I am guessing Schiano ran the clock because he is not trusting DC Joe H’s defense. They have been getting steamrolled in general last few weeks.

I get that you have an inexperienced QB but you can’t play scare. GW needs to run the ball!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: Rokodesh
This is the sort of thing that proves GS 2.0 is absolutely no different than GS 1.0.
At least no pick-six and only down a score … amazing how there are zero stops in the red zone … PSU will probably take a knee to end the streak

Reactions: RutgersSam
Monangie ran the hell out the ball the first half. Hopefully we stay the course with the run game, open up some more play action for Gavin, and start to build a little momentum.

Hated the way that half ended but we get the ball to start the second half down only 1 score. We can do this!

Let’s Effing win this so we don’t have to talk about end of the half.

OK, last series was awful.

BUT, we are within 1 score.
Offense had a 90+ yard 4 minute drive.

If we can keep up the 2nd qtr offense and lock down their run game we may pull this out.

Isn't MSU thin with player suspensions?
If so they may wear down IF we can control the run games.

Let's GO
They are worn down already, only will get worse in 2nd half. Have an opportunity to run for over 300 yards in this game. Pound the ball, win the game.

• Haha
Reactions: RUScrew85
Monangie ran the hell out the ball the first half. Hopefully we stay the course with the run game, open up some more play action for Gavin, and start to build a little momentum.

Hated the way that half ended but we get the ball to start the second half down only 1 score. We can do this!

Young running well too

They are worn down already, only will get worse in 2nd half. Have an opportunity to run for over 300 yards in this game. Pound the ball, win the game.
Defense is going to need to play a role too. Gave up almost 300 yards of offense to MSU in the first half.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT