ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball GAMEDAY THREAD -- Rutgers versus Princeton

Richie O

Hall of Famer
Staff
Mar 21, 2016
South Amboy, NJ
Last edited:
Line dropped by 3 or 4 points since the opening 8.5 to 5.5 or ever as low as 4.5. Money clearly was coming in on Princeton. We have so many new pieces not sure what to expect!

What the hell is peacock and why do buy a new subscription to watch one game? Like holy shit, why can't we just be on BTN?

You can buy a monthly sub for 6$. I hope that’s not breaking the bank for you. And peacock is nbc universals streaming service, which big ten network signed a 10 year deal with.

We can certainly just have games on big ten network, but our tv revenue would be peanuts. Lol.

Reactions: RUpop and Wagram97
What the hell is peacock and why do buy a new subscription to watch one game? Like holy shit, why can't we just be on BTN?
Did you just wake up from a 15 month slumber bro? I don't love it either but we've known Peacock was going to be showing Big Ten hoops this season since August of 2022..

There's I think 10 Big Ten teams playing tonight. They can't all be on regular BTN. Most teams are on BTN+ tonight which you'd also have to pay extra for.

Reactions: RUpop
You can buy a monthly sub for 6$. I hope that’s not breaking the bank for you. And peacock is nbc universals streaming service, which big ten network signed a 10 year deal with.

We can certainly just have games on big ten network, but our tv revenue would be peanuts. Lol.
It's not breaking the bank but if I already have BTN, BTN +, ESPN subs for games why are they requiring me to add on another service. Just a waste of my time

Did you just wake up from a 15 month slumber bro? I don't love it either but we've known Peacock was going to be showing Big Ten hoops this season since August of 2022..

There's I think 10 Big Ten teams playing tonight. They can't all be on regular BTN. Most teams are on BTN+ tonight which you'd also have to pay extra for.
Since when did Peacock have games? I don't remember an RU game being on peacock unless I totally missed something. Just bullshit money grabs all around

Since when did Peacock have games? I don't remember an RU game being on peacock unless I totally missed something. Just bullshit money grabs all around

This is the first season of the big ten/peacock deal. Obviously never had games in the past, you’re correct

Reactions: mikeylew1992
I like to watch a lot of games not just the B1G, so I tend to just get the ESPN + sub

ok. Fair. Peacock will have lots of games too, probsbly much better games than ESPN plus will have..so if you enjoy watching games, your subscription won’t be just for “one Rutgers game” that you mentioned above

Reactions: mikeylew1992
Legit 99% Rutgers here. What an absolute clusterfvck of a place

Looking to see all our new guys perform, and to get a feel of the team’s chemistry and style of play. Oh yeah, and let’s get a win!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT