ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball GAMEDAY THREAD -- Rutgers versus Princeton

If Pike can turn this into a learning lesson, that playing as a bunch of individuals will result in bad losses to mediocre Q3 teams, and they take that to heart and somehow gel quickly, that would be a great thing to take away from this game.
Yes - if… the biggest concern for me is we were supposed to be good on offense. I’m not sure where the offense is coming from.

It’s onnnnnne game, my word.

Yes - it’s one game. Just like Lafayette was one game. But stop making it like Princeton is a sweet 16 team. They are nothing close to that. We sucked today. Got dominated in every aspect of the game against a Q3 type team.

Reactions: RUChoppin
Olympic sprinters and NFL players are super athletic.. do they finish well around the rim? It's super far from obvious that, for example, Hyatt's continual struggle to finish around the rim is not a skill issue.
Sprinters and NFL athletes are not trained D1 basketball players. Your argument is stupid. Hyatt has a mental block around the rim. He’s a talented shooter. It’s an enigma why he can’t make the close bank shots and layups other than to say it’s mental.

Reactions: RUDiddy777
Sprinters and NFL athletes are not trained D1 basketball players. Your argument is stupid. Hyatt has a mental block around the rim. He’s a talented shooter. It’s an enigma why he can’t make the close bank shots and layups other than to say it’s mental.
Is he? He's a career 28.6% 3p shooter and 69.2% FT shooter.

Pike road a nine man rotation with some support and Princeton ran 5 guys 30+ mins basically. Princeton wanted to come away with a win and Rutgers wanted to feel out it’s roster.

Being deep and being good are not the same thing.

Pike road a nine man rotation with some support and Princeton ran 5 guys 30+ mins basically. Princeton wanted to come away with a win and Rutgers wanted to feel out it’s roster.

Being deep and being good are not the same thing.
I mean Pike obviously doesn't know which 5 guys he would want to ride 30+ minutes. If he did, he would play them. It's not like he's shy to do this later in the season. Plus everyone looked kinda bad except Woolfolk I guess (and would he have even been in the five picked for 30+ minutes?) so not sure that would've solved the problem.

Yes - if… the biggest concern for me is we were supposed to be good on offense. I’m not sure where the offense is coming from.

Yes - it’s one game. Just like Lafayette was one game. But stop making it like Princeton is a sweet 16 team. They are nothing close to that. We sucked today. Got dominated in every aspect of the game against a Q3 type team.

People are using disaster, embarrassing, etc. the Lafayette loss didn’t turn out to be a disaster. The st bony loss didn’t turn out to be a disaster. It’s one game, the first game. With a whole new group. The over reaction needs to be called out

The sad reality Rutgers was out coached and out played at every position.Princeton embarrassed Rutgers with dribble drives to the basket along with wide open 3 point shots.When they missed the shot they got the offensive rebound which is unacceptable.In contrast Rutgers must have missed at least ten layups and there wasn't one go to scorer on the court the entire game.There was plenty substitutions during the game but very few positive results.What is most embarrassing about the result was Princeton had less than 100 fans yet they dominated the game from beginning to the end.

Were people seriously suggesting Cure as alternate if we can’t play in the RAC during renovations?

Rebounding was bad. Finishing around the rim was bad. Perimeter defense was bad. 1v1 iso defense was bad.

Overall probably a .500 team at best. Small sample size but we are very vanilla.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT