ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball GAMEDAY THREAD -- Rutgers versus Princeton

Because we shouldn't play dangerous Q3 teams ever. If we're on the bubble again this year, this game will get a lot of talk in March.

This is only a rivalry to people who get mail from AARP.
There is a great lesson to be learned by playing a disciplined team. Teaches you that little things matter. Not to mention making layups, foul shots, boxing out and hustle on defense. Practice will be fun tomorrow 😂

There is a great lesson to be learned by playing a disciplined team. Teaches you that little things matter. Not to mention making layups, foul shots, boxing out and hustle on defense. Practice will be fun tomorrow 😂
If Pike can turn this into a learning lesson, that playing as a bunch of individuals will result in bad losses to mediocre Q3 teams, and they take that to heart and somehow gel quickly, that would be a great thing to take away from this game.

Dumbfounded by the fact that Palmqvist is playing with 2 minutes left in a close game. Wasn’t the goal of the off-season to process guys like him and get a legit roster?

Reactions: Rutgers25
The issues are as follows:

1) GG looked Jaden Jones like on D. If that doesn’t improve he won’t play that much.

2) Cliff is most effective when there’s someone else on the floor who is a big threat on offense. Like Cam Spencer. We didn’t have anyone like that today, and struggled to get him the ball.

3) The defense on a whole is going to really struggle. I think some underestimated what Caleb brought on that end. He was always there on help D to bail out his teammates on the dribble penetration. We have nobody like that now which is why that Lee kid killed us over and over.

Y’all acted the same way here in 2019 after St Bony and in 2021 after Umass, Drpaul, Lafayette.

This is a much “better” loss than any of those.

I think Cam Spencer would have made a huge difference. Mulcahy, not so much.

Dumbfounded by the fact that Palmqvist is playing with 2 minutes left in a close game. Wasn’t the goal of the off-season to process guys like him and get a legit roster?
The goal was not achieved. We have 3 A10 guards getting the most minutes.

Poor picture quality, imo. The app sucks, too, so didn't even bother trying to pause a rewind.
Sorry if this was mentioned already.... Did you check in the Peacock "settings" to make sure you had your picture quality setting set to high quality, rather than to the low or the standard quality picture settings? Many devices let you adjust the Peacock picture quality setting.

Reactions: RUChoppin
Sorry if this was mentioned already.... Did you check in the Peacock "settings" to make sure you had your picture quality setting set to high quality, rather than to the low or the standard quality picture settings? Many devices let you adjust the Peacock picture quality setting.
Thanks for that heads up, I'll check on that

Guys like Hyatt and Cliff and Simpson will learn how valuable each missed layup is. Cliff will learn you have to work harder for rebounds. this game will pay off. Davis will learn that gus at this level will make you eat the ball of you aren't in good position to attack the rim.
Not sure I agree with you. Hyatt and Cliiff have been here forever and still havent leaned the value since there repeatedly doing the same thing. Simpson may but doesn't look like he learned from last year, albeit it is one game

Not entirely sure what you guys want people to "learn" about missed layups. I'm pretty sure they try to make them. There are lots of things they can learn from tonight's game but "don't miss layups" is not one of them.

Not entirely sure what you guys want people to "learn" about missed layups. I'm pretty sure they try to make them. There are lots of things they can learn from tonight's game but "don't miss layups" is not one of them.
It’s concentration and mental toughness. That can be learned. It’s obviously not skill - this team is super athletic.

It’s concentration and mental toughness. That can be learned. It’s obviously not skill - this team is super athletic.
Olympic sprinters and NFL players are super athletic.. do they finish well around the rim? It's super far from obvious that, for example, Hyatt's continual struggle to finish around the rim is not a skill issue.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT