ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball GAMEDAY THREAD -- Rutgers versus Princeton

Start simple. Work on effing rebounding and layups and go from there. Layups have been losing us games for years now it’s fvcking insane

Guys like Hyatt and Cliff and Simpson will learn how valuable each missed layup is. Cliff will learn you have to work harder for rebounds. this game will pay off. Davis will learn that gus at this level will make you eat the ball of you aren't in good position to attack the rim.
If they didn't learn about missed layups last year, they never will

Played like one. I do worry Pike’s extreme emphasis on defense will neuter the offensive ability of guys like Gavin and Ace.
Pike won’t. I understand what you’re saying but Ace and Dylan will dictate a lot of it.

Guys like Hyatt and Cliff and Simpson will learn how valuable each missed layup is. Cliff will learn you have to work harder for rebounds. this game will pay off. Davis will learn that gus at this level will make you eat the ball of you aren't in good position to attack the rim.
I cannot take another season of Hyatt and Palmquist cowering in front of open shots.
Son, if you aint gonna shoot, then GTFO off the court.

Simpson the 17th best player in the court today?

Of the top 9 players (for both teams) that played today, only wolf and cliff in that top 9?

Princeton was better at every aspect of the game today. It was a clinic.

This isn’t embarrassing. Very entertaining game against a very good opponent. Not surprising out come at all.
Stop embarrassing yourself. We lost our leading scorer and best defender. Traded defense and rebounding for speed but still can’t score 65. Cliff owned by a 6-7 center. Noah is a A10 player. Williams is a NEC player. NEEDED Oskar back. No loose balls. No rebounding. Can’t defend the three. Can’t shoot. Quad 3 record 0-1.

Not surprising in the least. Lack of shooting, lack of perimeter defense, careless with the basketball … It’s like some of you are new here.

Reactions: RUScrew85
honestly... I said it last year...
Pike as in game coach = C
Pike as overall coach = A-

I wouldnt trade Pike with any coach out there for Rutgers but his rotation during the game, A lot of head scratchers...

Wolf was the best player for us tonight.
Well different than last year’s line,
at least we have football to look forward to next Saturday

Stop embarrassing yourself. We lost our leading scorer and best defender. Traded defense and rebounding for speed but still can’t score 65. Cliff owned by a 6-7 center. Noah is a A10 player. Williams is a NEC player. NEEDED Oskar back. No loose balls. No rebounding. Can’t defend the three. Can’t shoot. Quad 3 record 0-1.

Yet were neck and neck for 38 minutes.

If they didn't learn about missed layups last year, they never will
Players have “touch” or they don’t. Don’t expect Hyatt to start making layups like he should just like Cliff will always struggle to get tough rebounds and finish shots that aren’t dunks. Both players are no better than they were 3 years ago.

Cliff had a really bad game. Out rebounded all night. Played with fire at the end when it was over

Problem is shooting.
More than one problem. Can’t lose the battle of the boards that badly to a significantly less athletic team like Princeton, and give them that many second third chance opportunity’s.

You can tell they thought they would roll the balls out and win.

Reactions: BillyC80
That nobody like Lee spanked us with ease speaks volumes about where we are right now.

I think we will be much better than tonight.

Gavin will get much better with experience
Derek - He looked like he wanted to do something in the game, instead of letting the game come to him
Davis - I am actually surprised at how well he played with few rookie mistakes... He can even take over as PG later
Fernandez - disappointed... i was hoping for better veteran play
Hyatt - no comment
Oskar - i think he will playing pivotal role this year
Wolf - please get him more playing time. He develops any kind of a jump shot, he will be match up nightmare for other teams
Cliff - Please get him the ball more...

Reactions: BillyC80
Start simple. Work on effing rebounding and layups and go from there. Layups have been losing us games for years now it’s fvcking insane
THIS! especially Simpson. And the game needs to revolve around our best player. Cliff. He can find open guys and can pass well.

honestly... I said it last year...
Pike as in game coach = C
Pike as overall coach = A-

I wouldnt trade Pike with any coach out there for Rutgers but his rotation during the game, A lot of head scratchers...
It’s game #1. Rotation, he’s working on that SMH.

With an Ivy team that was a 15 seed last year, and Princeton lost three key players. We’ll win some Nov and Dec games. But seton hall. Miss st. B1G we’re toast

Impossible to make this prediction one game into the season..I’m sorry

Reactions: RU Mike73
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT