ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball GAMEDAY THREAD: Rutgers vs. Miami in ACC/B1G Challenge

We really suck..pathetic. I never want to see Hyatt play again. Guy is a walking loss.

Hope Paul gets well - cause not going to win without him; and if Spencer won't or can't shoot as advertised - then this will be an NIT team

Reactions: ScarletDave
Say what you want but to many shots missed at the rim and not having your starting point guard leads to careless possessions
Anyone who says Paul doesn’t make a difference in this game is not being accurate

Reactions: mugrat86 and Scangg
Completely choked. Hyatt made those early threes and was absolutely atrocious the rest of the way. Spencer god awful. 11 point lead. Oh great we have Indiana in 3 days. Then on the road at Ohio State. By the time we get Paul back the season will be over.

Reactions: RU MAN
Oof.

Hate to lose, but we aren’t a “team” yet and it’s obvious.

It’s learning experiences like this that we will learn from.

Saw this same type of thing with Geo and Harper early on.
You should learn how to make a layup in elementary school

And hate to say it, we're not better with Caleb in there. Simpson played well and didn't get a lot of time. All around disappointing loss that an average team could have won. Pike can take some blame too with horrible substitutions.

Unable to see the game, but pleasantly surprised to lead at the half. I see Paul isn’t playing. Expected a 6-8 point loss without him, so ahead of the game. If RU is playing like they did vs Temple, then Miami isn’t very good.
Well, guess I was right on. Spencer hits a few more shots or if a healthy Paul plays RU wins. Won’t look bad on paper.

So Rutgers blew another end game when they were in control on a big stage? Couldn't execute down the end and made some stupid mistakes?

Shocker. LOL. Exactly why I turned it off. Knew it and my heart says Thank You!

Tough loss against a good team. Really could have used Harper hitting some outside daggers in 2nd half tonight. Finally, welcome to the big leagues Cam. Adjust or sink. Its all up to you.

Disagree. He's a tested point guard and we have no option for him. He's not the be all. Either way, we're average but I think we pull this one out. Honestly, though, a meaningless point.
Lot of sloppy possessions in the second half. Felt Paul’s absence late in this one

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT