Heisman Winner
Jan 15, 2003
A normal light Tuesday

Big Ten

Ohio State 77 Michigan 73 - Spartans couldn't hold onto their halftime lead

Other RU opponents

Tulsa 75 Temple 67 - Golden Hurricanes making an NCAA push

Other ranked teams

#25 South Florida 72 Southern Methodist 51 - Williams with 21 and 9 for the Bulls

Also

West Virginia 59 Kansas 56 - Mountaineers almost blew a big halftime lead

Today:

Other RU opponents 0-1

Year to date:

Big Ten 115-40
Other RU opponents 107-122

There were no palindromic scores in 13 games today. That makes 29 palindromic scores in 4,100 games this year. It's been four days since the last palindromic score.

Regarding Tulsa - they may be pushing but that will be an exercise in futility.

They are in the mid 150's in RPI, have flawed losses, and are going to have at least 13 losses on the season, I expect - have games against USF and UConn still to go.

I can't really see the American getting more than UConn and USF in. Of course, American supporters will brag on that, but in truth USF was always a potential NCAA team.

I see what I did - I looked at the Tulsa and Tulane scores side by side, and was thinking about Tulane when I wrote that. Tulane is a plausible NCAA candidate (if not terribly likely). As you said, Tulsa isn't.

The American will not get more than 2 and USF cannot afford to lose more than 2 more games or they will suffer the same fate as Rutgers did last year

BeK

Thank you for doing this. However, in the future will you please include the day's Rutgers score. I know we lost. I know it was by about 12 points. But I don't know the EXACT figures. I didn't write it down.

I am sending scores to the other side of the continent and must spend time seeing of Laney got her double double, etc.

Anything you can do to help that won't put too much of a burden on your time would be appreciated. Thanks.

Originally posted by bac2therac:
The American will not get more than 2 and USF cannot afford to lose more than 2 more games or they will suffer the same fate as Rutgers did last year
South Florida is at RPI 24 right now with an RPI top 25 win and 3 RPI 26-50 wins, and it would be a pretty big surprise if they lose another regular season game until their match with Connecticut.

Tulane's profile looks more like RU's last year, but without the equivalent of the UMass loss. The Green Wave probably needs to make the AAC final to have any chance. Unfortunately for them, they're in 3rd in the AAC now and their remaining games include 2 against UConn and one against Temple, so they easily could find themselves in the Huskies' side of the bracket.

One reason the AAC has a chance to get multiple bids is that some of the other conferences competing for bids are pretty weak - the A-10 and the BEast just aren't that great, and the BEast in particular could be a one-bid league this year. (Also, the B12 is unusually weak, and could end up with as few as 4 bids if things break the wrong way for them. I doubt they'll get six at this point, as they only have 5 teams in the RPI top 60 right now.)

Originally posted by Cyn38:
BeK

Thank you for doing this. However, in the future will you please include the day's Rutgers score. I know we lost. I know it was by about 12 points. But I don't know the EXACT figures. I didn't write it down.

I am sending scores to the other side of the continent and must spend time seeing of Laney got her double double, etc.

Anything you can do to help that won't put too much of a burden on your time would be appreciated. Thanks.
80-69. Laney had 22 and 6, according to the ugly Maryland game tracker.

Thanks. I didn't think Betnijah got her double double but wasn't sure.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT