B1G

None

Other RU opponents

Howard 68 Fairleigh Dickinson 65 - huge 4th quarter comeback fell short
Houston 72 Texas State 67

Other ranked teams

#1 Connecticut 71 Nevada 57 - curiously close
#7 UCLA 49 California Riverside 29 1:49 3rd - know where this one is going
#10 Oregon 87 Hampton 45 - Ducks scored at least 20 in each quarter; Pirates never topped 16
#18 Texas A&M 98 Prairie View A&M 70 - Hillsman had 20 and 9 for the Aggies
#23 Marquette 92 Loyola Chicago 30 - 28-1 2nd quarter

Also

Quinnipiac 72 Dayton 66 - I'd call this an upset
Arkansas Little Rock 68 Oklahoma 56- ditto
Long Beach State 80 Arizona 72 - not as sure about this being an upset

Today:

B1G: 0-0
Other RU opponents: 1-1

Year to date:

B1G: 64-21
Other RU opponents: 45-27

There have been no palindromic scores in 30 games completed so far today. There have been 10 palindromic scores in 1,015 games this season. It's been two days since the last palindromic score.

Reactions: MADHAT1
No ranked team upsets, but a few non-ranked scores that were surprises

Long Beach State 80 Arizona 72 - not as sure about this being an upset
No, that's an upset. Long Beach State was winless, Arizona had beaten 2 little sisters. Arizona's 3 losses included TCU - expected in a building year, and Loyola Marymount which is "undefeated"; however the other loss was to a winless team as well (CSUN).

We were there, Arizona is poor defensively and gave up a lot of backbreaking 3's while missing many of their own. They are also height challenged this year. Top 15 recruiting class coming for next year, several freshman getting big minutes now, bright future ahead.

How good is NC State? What should we expect tomorrow and what does it mean for the season outlook re: tourney

How good is NC State? What should we expect tomorrow and what does it mean for the season outlook re: tourney
NC State is coming off an 18-15 season. They are currently 6-1 with the loss to South Dakota St in a tournament in Ft Lauderdale. Their RPI is 51 (we are currently at 58). Their SOS is 125 while ours is 95. Other than their holiday tournament, they've played all home games while 6 of our 7 games have been on the road. Sounds like a pretty even game to me.

NC State is coming off an 18-15 season. They are currently 6-1 with the loss to South Dakota St in a tournament in Ft Lauderdale. Their RPI is 51 (we are currently at 58). Their SOS is 125 while ours is 95. Other than their holiday tournament, they've played all home games while 6 of our 7 games have been on the road. Sounds like a pretty even game to me.

I appreciate this information. Massey has NC State at 28, Rutgers 45 (fell three spots after holiday tournament). Massey has RU defense and schedule both currently ranked in top 20.

Thu 11.30
6:00pm ET

NC State
@ Rutgers
# 28 (6-1)
# 45 (5-2)
68 %
32 %
https://www.masseyratings.com/cbw/11590/games?dt=20171130

Other ranked teams

Hi BeK, The UConn - Nevada score was curiously close because it's the wrong score.... actual score was 88-57.

Other ranked teams

Hi BeK, The UConn - Nevada score was curiously close because it's the wrong score.... actual score was 88-57.
Now I officially know the season tis here when Ewecon comes to visit. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Other ranked teams

Well, in that case the closeness really *is* curious! All I can say is that ESPN's scoreboard is having some problems this year.

Well, in that case the closeness really *is* curious! All I can say is that ESPN's scoreboard is having some problems this year.
Yep, it can be an adventure - teams with a score of zero winning games. And I'd like to say the later the better, but I'm pretty late usually. FWIW, I saw the UConn score didn't look close, but didn't look back here to see what score you had.

I really only care who wins and loses on my spreadsheet - that said, I found a backwards entry today - could be my fault, but given the ESPN issues, not sure.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT