ADVERTISEMENT

Gio Rescigno Mitch Leidner

madchuck

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Oct 22, 2016

So I was watching highlights trying to see what Jerry Kill's offense would look like and I found a highlight video of Mitch Leidner. Gio runs exactly like that. I don't see him doing too much that Gio can't do. Moreover, I noticed they are using tight ends. Also, Leidner lines up under center some plays. Lewis runs like that too if you look at his High School highlights. I am fairly confident our offense will improve this year.

Mitch is a much more accurate passer even on the run. He didn't throw a lot of deep passes so that may work in Gio's favor..... He didn't seem to panic which is a plus, so if Gio can stay calm then maybe he can be close to what Mitch did...

So I was watching highlights trying to see what Jerry Kill's offense would look like and I found a highlight video of Mitch Leidner. Gio runs exactly like that. I don't see him doing too much that Gio can't do. Moreover, I noticed they are using tight ends. Also, Leidner lines up under center some plays. Lewis runs like that too if you look at his High School highlights. I am fairly confident our offense will improve this year.

I am hopeful that our O will improve. We need Gio to stay healthy and grow. We need Lewis to come in, learn the playbook and compete. If we get that, plus OL improvement, we will compete.

Reactions: RUMountie
We may not match up well with the elite teams but we have talent to have an successful year. Last year we should have beaten several teams but with a more experienced program we might win thoughts this year. Six wins are not unrealistic at this time. There are some groups that are required to perform for us to be successful, one being QB and the other is the offensive line.

Reactions: Scarlet83
I agree. And, if Janarion stays healthy, plus better kicking and more speed and athleticism, our special teams will improve a lot.

Last edited:
He showed poise. Something we haven't seen from the QB position in quite a while. He would stand in there and take one to the chops in order to deliver the pass. Takes a lot of moxie not to do the duck and chuck or turtle maneuver. That's something you can't teach, you have to have it in you. We're just so talent deficient, I can't see 6 wins with this collection of players. The last regime really put us way behind the 8 ball.

Last edited:
He showed poise. Something we haven't seen from the QB position in quite a while. He would stand in there and take one to the chops in order to deliver the pass. Takes a lot of moxie not to do the duck and chuck or turtle maneuver. That's something you can't teach, you have to have it in you. We're just so talent deficient, I can't see 6 wins with this collection of players. The last regime really put us way behind the 8 ball.
moxie conjures up memories of
460x.jpg
HENIKRCCRAAVVYX.20120618235838.jpeg

Dodd was not afraid to take a hit.

...If you don't believe for one second that your 6'4 225 lbs(and that's before Kenny Parker) rocket arm freshman isn't starting, your are smoking whatever Snoop Dogg is smoking. I really don't think Rutgers fans realize how much talent he brings. This kid put in the work to get better. This is the kid Kill wishes he had at Minnesota. After the first week of summer practice, who won't hear anything about any other QB. I promise you that.

...If you don't believe for one second that your 6'4 225 lbs(and that's before Kenny Parker) rocket arm freshman isn't starting, your are smoking whatever Snoop Dogg is smoking. I really don't think Rutgers fans realize how much talent he brings. This kid put in the work to get better. This is the kid Kill wishes he had at Minnesota. After the first week of summer practice, who won't hear anything about any other QB. I promise you that.

Maybe at some point in the season. Unless he's Cam Newton, throwing him out there against an FBS playoff team in the opener could be disastrous.

Reactions: Plum Street
It could also put him and Rutgers on the map. Its college football. Manziel beat us at home and that single game made him his freshman year. I can understand after watching Tylin Oden that some are skeptical of a freshmen QB. Lewis is built like he's a Junior and that read option is going to be leathal. He will actually run over people.

Reactions: Knight Shift
It could also put him and Rutgers on the map. Its college football. Manziel beat us at home and that single game made him his freshman year. I can understand after watching Tylin Oden that some are skeptical of a freshmen QB. Lewis is built like he's a Junior and that read option is going to be leathal. He will actually run over people.

Manziel also redshirted as a freshman.

As for Cam Newton, he was the backup to Tim Tebow as a freshman at Florida.

Fwiw, Leidner also redshirted as a freshman.

Manziel enrolled early and redshirted. He was in college for 20 months before stepping on the field.

True freshman QBs who don't enroll early don't do well their first year. I think Lewis is the future and could be a super star but if he has to play this year his career won't top that of Nova.

Manziel enrolled early and redshirted. He was in college for 20 months before stepping on the field.

True freshman QBs who don't enroll early don't do well their first year. I think Lewis is the future and could be a super star but if he has to play this year his career won't top that of Nova.

Why?

I'm sorry but I'm going to wait until he steps foot on campus before Even considering him starter. Not many true freshmen start their first year and have true success. If anything I could see Lewis come in after half a season. I think Gio will surprise many of you though. If he's healthy and can run the option, I think this offense will be solid

Reactions: madchuck

Nova is the second best QB in school history.

Statistically, Nova is second best. Everything else is an opinion.

If Gio doesn't improve, and he needs to, Lewis will be starting.

Hoping his slow start this spring is just him settling in and when the rest of the WR's join this summer he'll be able to move the offense. If he doesn't Lewis will. Kid trains harder on his own than some of our current players.

If Tom Savage or Gary Nova had Ralph as OC for 4 years their outcomes here would have been much better. Let's see what Jerry Kill can do with Gio. .

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT