ADVERTISEMENT

Grad Transfer and Transfer QBs On the Market

East Carolina has had a good run with transfers. Philip Nelson did OK there (but their W-L record was not so good), and now Sirk.

That's the Rutgers luck. Phillip Nelson was solid. We could've used him last year.

We are thin in the sense that only one on the roster has QB experience on a college field (Allen being a WR doesn't mean anything). Depth isn't defined by # of players, if that was the case RU could add you at QB to add depth
Well unlike most on the board I actually PLAYED ball...so hey...that might work...but at age 67 I might not be so mobile LOL

we actually havent had a look at Lewis OR Wyatt....
I will go with anothers response,,,,,,,"we are green"

East Carolina has had a good run with transfers. Philip Nelson did OK there (but their W-L record was not so good), and now Sirk.

Pitt also had a very good run with transfer QB's with good performance from Tom Savage, Nate Peterman and now (hopefully former 5-star) Max Browne.

Worked out well for Pitt and the QB transfer. Tom Savage is in the NFL and I also believe (NFL reports) Nate Peterman will be drafted this year by the NFL.

I think that is the reason Max Browne decided to come to Pitt.

On a side note, a recruit Pitt got from New Brunswick (Maurice Ffrench -Don't believe Rutgers initially offered) having played last year as a true frosh is looking to get significant playing time for Pitt playing both on Offense and Defense. Has explosive speed (I believe he won some Track events in high school in NJ) and will be utilized on option sweeps as Quadree Henderson was used last year and as a kick returner and WR and also in the secondary on the D (Pittsburgh Post Gazette did an article on him last week).
Exceptional versatility.

Don't know why you guys didn't offer but he looks like he is a really good get for us.

HAIL TO PITT!!!!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT