ADVERTISEMENT

Haskin question

RUwoz

All Conference
Jul 20, 2014
Dwayne has said openly that he and Diggs are a package deal, do we have any relationship at all with Diggs? This could screw us if we wait too long

Originally posted by RUwoz:
Dwayne has said openly that he and Diggs are a package deal, do we have any relationship at all with Diggs? This could screw us if we wait too long
I'm an OSU fan so I can't speak to the relationship that RU has with Diggs but just two days ago Diggs named Bama his leader.
And word on the street is that Bama is the team to watch out for regarding Haskins.

From a Ryan Bartow article: "It's just Bama," Diggs said. "Everything about Bama grabs my attention. I love Bama a lot."

http://maryland.247sports.com/Article/Trevon-Diggs-Says-Alabama-Leads-36762381

i have no idea why some are saying its between maryland and rutgers for haskins.

haskins is all over the place. hes visiting so many schools. extremely low chance he goes with rutgers.

Originally posted by OSU2015:
I'm an OSU fan so I can't speak to the relationship that RU has with Diggs but just two days ago Diggs named Bama his leader.
And word on the street is that Bama is the team to watch out for regarding Haskins.

From a Ryan Bartow article: "It's just Bama," Diggs said. "Everything about Bama grabs my attention. I love Bama a lot."

"Word on the streets"..gtfoh. Where do you come up with this stuff. First off Bama got the number 1 QB in the country who will play the next 3-4 years. (Blake rankin)Haskins has no interest at all in Bama.

This post was edited on 4/15 7:44 PM by RUchip

Our QB commit for the 2016 class will be a 3 star Anthony Russo. Our class will again be ranked around 40-50. At this point there is nothing wrong with that.

Originally posted by RUchip:

"Word on the streets"..gtfoh. Where do you come up with this stuff. First off Bama got the number 1 QB in the country who will play the next 3-4 years. (Blake rankin)Haskins has no interest at all in Bama.

Word on the streets as in recruiting analysts are reporting that Bama could be making a move for Haskins. Prove that Haskins has no interest in Bama at all. Do you have a link to where he says that?

Word on the streets as in recruiting analysts are reporting that Bama could be making a move for Haskins. Prove that Haskins has no interest in Bama at all. Do you have a link to where he says that?
Which streets would those be?

Originally posted by RU4Real:

Which streets would those be?
Haskins himself has said on twitter and in recruiting interviews that Bama is currently recruiting him the hardest.

Ryan Bartow:
"It's just a great opportunity there," Haskins said of Alabama. "It's
everything I'm looking for in a school and everything I'm looking for as
a quarterback. It just matches up. You grow up watching Alabama, and
seeing how many people they put in the NFL, it's something to look into."They're talking to me every day," Haskins said. "Tosh Lupoi, I talk to Coach (Nick) Saban a few times a week."

I'm not saying Haskins will go to Bama as he hasn't even visited there yet. However, I believe those who are saying that Bama isn't a threat or that Haskins isn't considering them are wrong just based on what Haskins has already said.

http://247sports.com/Article/Top100-QB-Dwayne-Haskins-Talks-Top-Schools-36761488

This post was edited on 4/15 10:21 PM by OSU2015

Haskins strikes me as a really wise and positive kid. He's not burning any bridges and keeping himself alive with everyone. With that said, I'd be surprised if Haskins ended up at Alabama based on how ready he is. I see him making a Bridgewater like decision based on a very early opportunity to play.

Diggs just tweeted out his top 12

1. Bama
2. LSU (often thought of as Haskins leader)
3. Florida
4. Tennessee
5. TTFP
6. Miami
11. RU

We have some work to do, if Diggs does not like Rutgers and is in Haskins ear about it during the process it makes it that much harder

Every year you have kids talking about being package deals and often times, it never really works out that way as the kids realize they just like different schools.

Originally posted by Ty Webb:

Every year you have kids talking about being package deals and often times, it never really works out that way as the kids realize they just like different schools.
My guess it is 50/50 that they end up at the same school.

If you are trying ti intimate that he announced that in order, then please, make sure its right. We were 10th not 11th. Be he did not confirm it was in order did he.

Sorry my bad, 10th not 11th... Most assume it's in order since Bama has long been thought of as the leader, looks like SEC hype is controlling him

As far as there being a "package" with two players, it is like that HS romance that was just going to survive forever (until they got to college!),

I see ZERO chance of him coming to Rutgers. He is being recruited by way too many big name schools to even remotely consider any school that is somewhere in the middle of the pack. I'm sure our coaches are not counting on it either.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT