ADVERTISEMENT

Heard Some Good News Regarding Our at Large Chances

Based on where we stand right now, I can make that claim.

Things would have to go completely bonkers with AQ's for that scenario to play out.

This is our best chance at a victory between these two games. PSU at PSU is going to be a big challenge.

We need to win our home games.

Hopefully Maryland comes in distracted after glove gate.

This is our best chance at a victory between these two games. PSU at PSU is going to be a big challenge.

We need to win our home games.

Hopefully Maryland comes in distracted after glove gate.
It’s been a while since we’ve beaten them and probably the first time RU has a chance to beat a former national champion for any sport

• Angry
Reactions: Rutgers56
There is a chance that there could be a 6 way tie after Sunday if Rutgers wins, Michigan beats PSU and OSU beats Hopkins none of which are out of the range of possibilities.

Reactions: Local Shill
There is a chance that there could be a 6 way tie after Sunday if Rutgers wins, Michigan beats PSU and OSU beats Hopkins none of which are out of the range of possibilities.
Ha, just like basketball was for a while...

It’s been a while since we’ve beaten them and probably the first time RU has a chance to beat a former national champion for any sport
Hijacking the thread I fear, but is this true. Seems hard to believe. I’d have to do a lot of homework. UCLA or unlv in hoops? Women’s hoops? Tennessee ? Uconn?

Hijacking the thread I fear, but is this true. Seems hard to believe. I’d have to do a lot of homework. UCLA or unlv in hoops? Women’s hoops? Tennessee ? Uconn?
He overplayed that one a little bit 89 😆 but it would still be a big win! GoRU!

Reactions: RUnTeX
Without confirming, but also in men's basketball....possibly any of these?
> Connecticut during 99-00 season (after they won in 1998-99)
> Syracuse during 03-04 season (after 02-03 natty)
> Connecticut during 04-05 season (after 03-04 natty)

UNLV win in 91-92 season would have been the 2nd season after their natty in 89-90 but the season after their national runner-up finish in 90-91.

So probably wouldn't be first time for beating a former national champ in any sport, even if the time period is limited only to the following season after the opponent's natty. Recognizing also that the opportunities available to face a national title winning team the following season can be somewhat limited, but arise moreso if one of your conference mates is the natty winning opponent that you then automatically face the next season (such as UConn & Cuse from Big East basketball in the 6-yr stretch above).

I am confident in 2 Ws. Not so much about 3. Hopefully 2 gets us in. No bad losses this year.

Army-Cornell was an incredible game. They doubled Kirst as soon as he got the ball. 0 goals. But showing how he completes their team Long went 3 & 2.

Rutgers schedule does them no favors UMD tonight and then at PSU on Friday. This team can go 2-0, 1-1 or 0-2. Can they get scoring out of the midfield? Can the attack get on track? PSU on the road is going to be a war

That Cuse UNC game was a really good game to watch. Unfortunately, though ESPNU cut out of the Hopkins OSU game to switch over to the ACC

That Cuse UNC game was a really good game to watch. Unfortunately, though ESPNU cut out of the Hopkins OSU game to switch over to the ACC
Cuse asked that the game be moved to Maryland due to travel costs and a similar deal has been made with Duke (teams alternate as “home” team each year). They played on a high-school football field in the DC suburbs…not a good look IMO. BigTen money is the real deal….

Cuse asked that the game be moved to Maryland due to travel costs and a similar deal has been made with Duke (teams alternate as “home” team each year). They played on a high-school football field in the DC suburbs…not a good look IMO. BigTen money is the real deal….
I was wondering why it was at Good Counsel

I don’t doubt what you’re saying so I assumed they bussed to Maryland. Otherwise how much less could it cost if they flew?

I don’t doubt what you’re saying so I assumed they bussed to Maryland. Otherwise how much less could it cost if they flew?
I wouldn’t be shocked if it costs at least 50K round trip for a plane large enough for 30 passengers.
It’s a six hour drive from Syracuse to DC one way and even an ECHL hockey team owns their own sweet bus with TV’s and whatnot.

I thought the idea was to play the game in the middle of a recruiting hot bed, beneficial to both teams. Some teams also do it regularly at a high school in Long Island; I can't remember who.

Personally, I doubt that the location had anything to do with money...

Reactions: DowntownT_Brown
I thought the idea was to play the game in the middle of a recruiting hot bed, beneficial to both teams. Some teams also do it regularly at a high school in Long Island; I can't remember who.

Not according to the article I found. I’m sure a savings of at least 100K a year per team is meaningful since North Carolina is too far to drive without a stay over and vice-versa for Duke and UNC to upstate NY.
I’m not sure guys being recruited by Maryland were all that impressed with a game being played on a parochial school’s football field.

Not according to the article I found. I’m sure a savings of at least 100K a year per team is meaningful since North Carolina is too far to drive without a stay over and vice-versa for Duke and UNC to upstate NY.
I’m not sure guys being recruited by Maryland were all that impressed with a game being played on a parochial school’s football field.
Cool, thanks for the information. Sounds like you are correct...

I believe it was both. The announcers said there was a cost cutting reason though. That surprised me.

We fly charter to the Midwest. Fundraising has already started for 24 and 25 because we will need to charter twice due to the BTT being at Michigan and OSU and will have a regular game there each season.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT