ADVERTISEMENT

Homecoming 2022. Which game?

dillonpgp

Redshirt
Feb 21, 2006
I spent a little time googling which home game would be designated homecoming in 2022 (and have a TV time affixed in the summer) and couldn’t find it.
Has it been determined yet? I’m guessing Indiana, but wonder if there would be a temptation to manipulate the ticket market when Nebraska or Michigan comes to town.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

The Homecoming Game hasn't been assigned yet. However,

These are the home games for 2022:
9-10-2022 Rutgers vs. Wagner Piscataway, NJ SHI Stadium
9-24-2022 Rutgers vs. Iowa Piscataway, NJ SHI Stadium
10-7-2022 Rutgers vs. Nebraska Piscataway, NJ SHI Stadium (FRIDAY)
10-15-2022 bye week
10-22-2022 Rutgers vs. Indiana Piscataway, NJ SHI Stadium
11-19-2022 Rutgers vs. Penn State Piscataway, NJ SHI Stadium

Here are the dates of the Homecoming Games since Rutgers entered the B1G in 2014:
November 1,
September 26,
October 15,
October 21,
October 20,
October 19,
none,
October 9

IMO, the Indiana game would seem to be in line for the Homecoming designation.

I concur: Indiana seems to be the logical choice for Homecoming.

Since both of those games will see a large number of visiting team fans attending the game, I was wondering if Rutgers would use various means to secure premium prices.

For instance, as part of a required minimum ticket pack before single ticket availability, putting as many tickets in the hands of homecoming attendees before offering a general sale, or limiting the number of seats sold before making seats available through a secondary seller -like Stubhub, where a premium price could be attached.

Since both of those games will see a large number of visiting team fans attending the game, I was wondering if Rutgers would use various means to secure premium prices.

For instance, as part of a required minimum ticket pack before single ticket availability, putting as many tickets in the hands of homecoming attendees before offering a general sale, or limiting the number of seats sold before making seats available through a secondary seller -like Stubhub, where a premium price could be attached.
Nebraska is no go for homecoming as it is a Friday game. UM makes little sense as 1) the name of Michigan sells tickets and 2) UM is the defending B1G champ not exactly a HC opponent you want. Which leaves Iowa and Indiana. Indiana seems more logical as it is late October as opposed to September.

Realistically, though, won't Indiana be a noon start on BTN? Then everyone here will be griping about a noon start for Homecoming, as has happened in the past. Despite the September date, Iowa might more likely be a 3:30 game, which people would like.

Never understood the late October homecoming games.

Weather can be in the 70s or 30s, if team struggling less fans and typically interferes w other activities (Hunt, apple picking, etc - all viable options but ones that could make people not attend)

I’ve missed games before due to The Hunt. It was a tough decision but absent of an FSU game, there’s no way I’m missing that

Iowa is perfect - late Sept, we should be at least 500, good chance of decent weather, solid visiting fan base, etc

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT