ADVERTISEMENT

How big an impact the NFL boycott will cause today?

Must game for the Jets. Tampa Bay Stadium is half empty, most likely because the team stinks more than anything.

Hard to say since the protest has nothing to do with Veterans...One day, maybe people will realize that.

Doesn't matter - still disrespectful to pull this bullshit during the National Anthem. What is the kneeling supposed to accomplish and what will have to happen for those kneelers to say - ok our request was met?

Must game for the Jets. Tampa Bay Stadium is half empty, most likely because the team stinks more than anything.
Not sure, I coach girls 12U softball and we play on fall Sundays (finished last week)
At least a half dozen times I mentioned to the opposing coaches, I was happy the game was early so I can watch the Giant game later…they all said I don't watch that crap anymore.
They were not talking about the lack of quality of the team.

Doesn't matter - still disrespectful to pull this bullshit during the National Anthem. What is the kneeling supposed to accomplish and what will have to happen for those kneelers to say - ok our request was met?

Maybe have some of our leaders recognize the protest for what it is instead of creating it to be something completely different. Maybe our leaders only have to address them for the issue and not the protest.

Not sure, I coach girls 12U softball and we play on fall Sundays (finished last week)
At least a half dozen times I mentioned to the opposing coaches, I was happy the game was early so I can watch the Giant game later…they all said I don't watch that crap anymore.
They were not talking about the lack of quality of the team.
Have you seen the Giants this year?

Maybe have some of our leaders recognize the protest for what it is instead of creating it to be something completely different. Maybe our leaders only have to address them for the issue and not the protest.

Statistically there’s no truth to what the protests are actually for.

I’m sorry but 95% of this country doesn’t care about skin color. If you’re a good person, a hard worker, a good decision maker, respectful, and smart with your money you will succeed in this country.

Disrespecting the National Anthem and flag is not going to change any other that.

Hard to say since the protest has nothing to do with Veterans...One day, maybe people will realize that.
The problem is that it isn’t the job of the people watching to figure out “ while the anthem has a pre-existing association of honoring the flag ang veterans, the players using the anthem are protesting something completely different and aren’t making a statement on those pre-existing associations”.
It was the job of the players to pick a better method of protest that wouldn’t obscure their message.

Last edited:
What are they kneeling for this week? Police brutality? Objection to the President? Owner Bob McNair's statements? The message has been lost and the platform was wrong from the start if it caused confusion. Want to do something to make a change, organize a march on Washington and join in, donate money to fuel the cause. Apparently their time and money is too much for them to really care.

Of course it's related to the quality of the team. Ask half a dozen guys in Philly if they are watching Eagles games this year. It's the primary focus of conversation in every corner.
They are also watching all the Eagles stand for the national anthem too.
They only player to kneel in an Eagles uniform was Ron Brooks during a preseason game. Ron Brooks was cut shortly after and has not been able to sign on with anyone as of yet.

I’m sorry but 95% of this country doesn’t care about skin color. If you’re a good person, a hard worker, a good decision maker, respectful, and smart with your money you will succeed in this country.

Disrespecting the National Anthem and flag is not going to change any other that.
Can I rent space in your bubble?

Seriously?

Reactions: BLewis1968
Trump can disrespect every institution this country has stood for for many years, and that’s ok, but football players take a knee to call attention to the disproportionate number of people of color getting shot by police, and that’s a big inconvenience for fans. Our president who avoided the Vietnam war because of “bone spurs” seems to be walking fine these days. Figure it out.

I'm never going to tell somebody what to think, or feel about a protest. But the idea that 95% of the country doesn't care about skin color is just nuts.

I'm never going to tell somebody what to think, or feel about a protest. But the idea that 95% of the country doesn't care about skin color is just nuts.

We’re all entitled to our opinion, but specifically in NJ if you think people really care about skin color then you’re nuts.

Reactions: SJLuvsLions
You are right...its probably closer to 50% and let's be honest white folks aren't the only ones. I personally believe that this isn't really a skin color issue when it comes to profiling... it's a poor/trash thing. Whether you are a hood rat or trailer park trash cops treat you different because the statistics are right in that you are higher risk troublemaker. Same way if you are white but drive a pimped out Honda civic with tinted windows, and stupid exhaust, the cops are more likely to give you shit. It has nothing to do with skin, everything to do with mentality.

NCAA P5 Football should move some games to Sundays.. compete directly.

The NFL moved games to go against college games.. it is time to return the favor.

Reactions: goru1869
5667983882_413388e4ea_m.jpg

You are right...its probably closer to 50% and let's be honest white folks aren't the only ones. I personally believe that this isn't really a skin color issue when it comes to profiling... it's a poor/trash thing. Whether you are a hood rat or trailer park trash cops treat you different because the statistics are right in that you are higher risk troublemaker. Same way if you are white but drive a pimped out Honda civic with tinted windows, and stupid exhaust, the cops are more likely to give you shit. It has nothing to do with skin, everything to do with mentality.
Yes, wealthy people are treated differently than poor people but black people are also treated differently than white people.

Friends of mine went to Woody's Roadside Tavern in Farmingdale. The bar actively advertised they would not be showing any NFL games today. Golf. NASCAR. anything but the NFL. My friends said the place was packed, the whole bar, lead by a veteran, sang the national anthem & 20% of the profits are going to veteran's groups.

Last edited:
Yes, wealthy people are treated differently than poor people but black people are also treated differently than white people.
Where is your proof that well-behaved white people are treated differently than well-behaved black people?

The statistics linked below shows that roughly twice as many whites are shot by cops than blacks and that the violent crime offenders by race follows this same trend.. twice as many whites as blacks. And while you can say that, with only 11% of the population that blacks are shot too often by cops or that they are convicted of violent crimes too often.. or even that they commit too many violent crimes.. but these statistics clearly suggest that there isn't a nation-wide problem here that should be addressed through nationwide protests.

That does not mean that there are not specific cases where someone, black or white, was shot by cops for reasons of racism or abuse or ineptitude or fear... but what can a nationwide protest of the US Flag or anthem do about such cases? The only thing it does, imo, is accuse AMERICA of ignoring a nationwide racist police force (that does not exist).. it is stupid.

Police shooting statistics

Violent Crime Statistics

It's very possible that if Kaepernick never wore the pig socks fans wouldn't have viewed the other gesture as being disrespectful. Personally I believe the movement wouldn't have been as polarizing.

0901-colin-kaepernick-socks-getty-zoom-3.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT