ADVERTISEMENT

How many conference wins does RU get?

4 or 5, I'd say. Our schedule is difficult considering how largely down the conference is. There are six teams in the KenPom top 50. Of those, we play Illinois twice, Purdue twice, Wisconsin twice, Ohio State twice, and Nebraska twice. Only Michigan State do we get once (and that's on the road).

Reactions: RAC93
I'd say 4 or 5, but think this team has the (negative) potential to get only 2 more wins the rest of the year. That's how bad I think we are right now.

Reactions: RAC93 and darkcheck
Six? Indiana, Maryland, Michigan and Penn State at home, win @MICH or MD and steal one somewhere

5. Including at least one surprise on the road. Only 3 or 4 home wins since this team is bad no matter where it plays.

Reactions: shields and RAC93
My guess is 0 for the first 7.
Even the lesser talented teams have a stronger, tougher element to them we don’t have other than Mag

Be happy if Rutgers wins 4-5… the reality is coach looked beyond this year almost forgetting each season requires a roster which can compete my personal opinion is we play hard after getting our asses kicked for 20 minutes… at least we have one quality win this season… other than the HC in charge has any player said , “ we work so hard”. The most disappointing aspect is the lack of physical toughness. Can see frustration on Cliff but part of that is his game requires someone getting him the ball… how many have posted that fact… too many.

Vs Indiana W, @ Mich St L
Vs Nebraska W, @ Illinois L
Vs Purdue L, vs Penn St W
@ Michigan, @ Maryland, split 1-1
Vs Wisconsin, Vs Northwestern, split 1-1
@ Minnesota W, @ Purdue L
Vs Maryland W, vs Michigan W
@ Nebraska L, @ Wisconsin L
Vs Ohio St W
(9-8)

My guesstimate the way the schedule falls and the 18-19(7-13) vibes without the Thiam incident, (1-5) start, vs Mich St 67-78, @ Wisc 64-69, vs MD 63-77, vs Ohio St W, @ Minn L, @ Purdue L, (6-6), lost last 2(0-2)

Ind and Neb are bad road teams last few years, we own IND and owe Neb 22-23,
hunch we split these two roads off the Penn St W, @ Mich or @ MD,
should win one of two at home, Wisc or NW,
hunch we win @ Minnesota in our lone game against,
possible sweep one, split one vs MD or Mich(3-1 vs),
and I think we revenge Ohio St home.
Pike usually sweeps 1 team and gets swept at least once.
We usually pull off an unexpected upset, so 10-7 is possible.

Pike will eventually figure out the guards rotation and we will win games after two close road losses and a home loss to a very good Illinois team.

Last edited:
Vs Ohio St W
(9-8)

My guesstimate the way the schedule falls and the 18-19(7-13) vibes without the Thiam incident, (1-5) start, vs Mich St 67-78, @ Wisc 64-69, vs MD 63-77, vs Ohio St W, @ Minn L, @ Purdue L, (6-6), lost last 2(0-2)

Pike will eventually figure out the guards rotation and we will win games after two close road losses and a home loss to a very good Illinois team.
Wow.
We’re pretty good

Last edited:
Wow.
We’re pretty good
6 losses
Q1 #10 vs Illinois(11-3) 58-76
Q1 #28 N Princeton(11-1) 61-68
Q1 #33 N Miss St(11-3) 60-70
Q1 #44 @ Ohio St(12-3) 72-76
Q1 #47 @ Wake Forest(11-3) 57-76
Q1 #67 @ Iowa(9-6) 77-86
Q1 #73 @ Seton Hall(10-5) 70-63

5 out of 6 losses were on the road or neutral court vs a combined(65-19)
4 out of 6 were 10 pts or less

For all the problem this team has, it's amazing we keep so many games close vs Q1 opponents if we are so bad. We don't know how we will play at home vs a middle pack Q2/3 team like Q3 #98 Indiana or Q2 #59 Nebraska yet, (8-6) Q1 1-6, Q4 7-0, just one of the top 2 teams, Illinois.

There is a reason why Indiana is lower than #95 Rutgers in the NET, like losing by 20 @ #7 UConn, losing by 28 on N #8 Auburn, struggling to beat #323 Army by 8, #286 Fla Gulf Coast by 6, #263 Louisville by 8. I think our win @ Seton Hall, 8-1 at home with wins over UConn and Marquette, is better than winning @ Michigan 6-8, 3-4 at home. We will see how good we can be vs Q3 Indiana.

Reactions: Scarlet Shack
6 losses
Q1 #10 vs Illinois(11-3) 58-76
Q1 #28 N Princeton(11-1) 61-68
Q1 #33 N Miss St(11-3) 60-70
Q1 #44 @ Ohio St(12-3) 72-76
Q1 #47 @ Wake Forest(11-3) 57-76
Q1 #67 @ Iowa(9-6) 77-86
Q1 #73 @ Seton Hall(10-5) 70-63

5 out of 6 losses were on the road or neutral court vs a combined(65-19)
4 out of 6 were 10 pts or less

For all the problem this team has, it's amazing we keep so many games close vs Q1 opponents if we are so bad. We don't know how we will play at home vs a middle pack Q2/3 team like Q3 #98 Indiana or Q2 #59 Nebraska yet, (8-6) Q1 1-6, Q4 7-0, just one of the top 2 teams, Illinois.

There is a reason why Indiana is lower than #95 Rutgers in the NET, like losing by 20 @ #7 UConn, losing by 28 on N #8 Auburn, struggling to beat #323 Army by 8, #286 Fla Gulf Coast by 6, #263 Louisville by 8. I think our win @ Seton Hall, 8-1 at home with wins over UConn and Marquette, is better than winning @ Michigan 6-8, 3-4 at home. We will see how good we can be vs Q3 Indiana.
if Cliff doesn’t score more than 6 and 7 points like he’s accomplished in our last two games, we arent beating anyone.

All your analysis and analytics are
quite similar to why you thought we were going to beat Maryland in football the last regular season game

• Angry
Reactions: cRURah
Just tell your guards… even if you have to force it inside get the ball inside … Still think the tall skinny kid😜 should be told no 3 pointers until you have made successful drives to the basket 2-3 times. It has been mentioned by others Gavin has gotten into the habit of just chucking it up. It is not the way to get him going . He is a very good long range shooter but….

if Cliff doesn’t score more than 6 and 7 points like he’s accomplished in our last two games, we arent beating anyone.

All your analysis and analytics are
quite similar to why you thought we were going to beat Maryland in football the last regular season game
I never had any prediction of us winning vs Maryland in football. I knew we were finishing 6-6 after we got own by Iowa 26-0. I'm not a huge Schiano guy 1.0 or 2.0, he's a ceiling 7-5, 8-4 guy that might have a 10-2 type season once every 4-5 years.

Reactions: zappaa
Just tell your guards… even if you have to force it inside get the ball inside … Still think the tall skinny kid😜 should be told no 3 pointers until you have made successful drives to the basket 2-3 times. It has been mentioned by others Gavin has gotten into the habit of just chucking it up. It is not the way to get him going . He is a very good long range shooter but….
Would love to see Gavin drive to the hole more. He has athleticism, many times when he drives he goes away from the basket and puts up a runner in the lane or while fading away from the basket. Would love to see him go aggressively to the hoop to get a bucket or draw fouls. Austin Williams may as well announce to his defender “I am driving to the basket on you”, but he’s effective at it, even though we all know it’s what he’s going to do. Gavin needs a little of that attitude in his game.

Reactions: RUBOB72
He didn't look past this year. He was expecting Paul Cam and Ndongo but they all bailed. That would have been an NCAA bubble roster
That in itself though it sounds good with as much of a relationship as he had prior with these players (except Ndongo) so you are saying these 3 screwed Pikiell. Fact is maybe Spencer did but Paul was mentally and physically fatigued . Injuries played a part and there is probably several other things such as “ who is going to run the point?” Guaranteed even if he gave us 8-9 points , 5-6 rebounds and 5-6 assists per game . Our record would maybe be much better. Cliff would be much better offensively ( who cares if it’s all dunks) … The entire team would be different. Don’t care what people at Washington think of PM… most of this board would love him here…Pikiell would love to have had him stay.

He didn't look past this year. He was expecting Paul Cam and Ndongo but they all bailed. That would have been an NCAA bubble roster
But in reality he did… maybe not something he would do again… maybe not even aware that he needed to make sure who was staying… who was doing what…

If you watched both games today, the level of play from Michigan(2 games), Penn St(home), Maryland(2 games) and Minnesota(road). Those four teams alone, we should win 4 or 5 out of the 6 scheduled.

Minn point guard Hawkins is a portal transfer from Howard. Small quick guard that averages closes to 8 assists per game…. We just chose wrong In the portal if we wanted a true small quick point guard.

• Sad
Reactions: Scangg
I still think we find a way to 6 wins. We will win several games no one is expecting and will have other WTF games. We aren’t very good, but the BIG is also down and so won’t be a complete washout.

Reactions: biazza38
Minnesota has beaten us 2 straight times at their place.....they look much improved.....
They also have one of the weakest non conference schedules in the country according to NET, 358th, or RPI, 347th, 8 teams 281-359 and Maine #225 are 9 of their now 12 wins, puts last year's Rutgers weak non conference schedule to shame.

Honestly, how can they be better without Jamison Battle who is at Ohio St?

Last edited:
Vs Ohio St W
(9-8)

8-12 sounds right

They also have one of the weakest non conference schedules in the country according to NET, 358th, or RPI, 347th, 8 teams 281-359 and Maine #225 are 9 of their now 12 wins, puts last year's Rutgers weak non conference schedule to shame.

Honestly, how can they be better without Jamison Battle who is at Ohio St?

they are 3-1 albeit with a pretty favorable league slate to start. Did beat Nebraska and already have as many wins as they had last season. Penn State has 2 wins including one over Ohio State.

Reactions: biazza38
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT