ADVERTISEMENT

If Coreys back we become a very attractive option for a grad transfer shooter

• Thread starter anon_0k9zlfz6lz9oy
  • Start date
A

anon_0k9zlfz6lz9oy

players around the country know who corey is and theyve spent the past 3 days watching highlights around the country of him going off. A kid from a lower level program who wants exposure knows he will get it in the big ten and knows he will have room to shoot with teams collapsing on corey.

If coreys back Pike will be able to provide a tremendous pitch to a grad transfer shooter and really put us in position to land an impact player that can help us make a run next year. Imagine a back court rotation already with Corey, Geo, Mathis, adds in a 3 point sniper whos hungry? We would be a true bubble team. Future is exciting

Reactions: rubigtimenow
You’re forgetting Peter Kiss. Given what Gios doing now, and with Kiss reported to be the best shooter on the team, Sanders has the players he need around him next year. If he comes back, I think this is a tournament team.

You’re forgetting Peter Kiss. Given what Gios doing now, and with Kiss reported to be the best shooter on the team, Sanders has the players he need around him next year. If he comes back, I think this is a tournament team.

Reactions: RC71
Im taking a wait and see approach with kiss. Being that hes a raw player, im hoping this RS year worked wonders for him

Reactions: ScarletKid2008
I think we should hold off on proclaiming Kiss the best shooter on team before he has even played for us given the amount of times we have heard so and so is the best shooter on team. Lets hope that Kiss can come and provide some needed points and leadership off the bench that Mike gave us this year. Anything other than that would be gravy but not something to expect

prior to this tournament i would of disagreed. If Corey stays pretty damn attractive.

I remember watching the Billets shoot at the RAC or College Ave or Busch. They would never miss during their drills. It was mesmerizing.

Improving from 3 conference wins to being a tournament team is a really tall order, even with a lot of new blood coming in. Strickland and Hyatt (if he reclassifies to 2018) would be huge gets.

Reactions: rubigtimenow
I relaize each player is different but I'm a little hesitant of having a player reclassify after watching Doucoure this year.

Reactions: ScarletKid2008
Improving from 3 conference wins to being a tournament team is a really tall order, even with a lot of new blood coming in. Strickland and Hyatt (if he reclassifies to 2018) would be huge gets.
247 says he is warm to Wisconsin and there was a prediction to Wisconsin as well. Of course it's nowhere near set in stone.

Minny went 2-16 in B1G play in ‘15-‘16 then danced in ‘16-‘17

Reactions: kcg88
247 says he is warm to Wisconsin and there was a prediction to Wisconsin as well. Of course it's nowhere near set in stone.

Yup, no idea where we rate on his list. So we'll see.

NO....we have tons of guys at the 2/3 on the roster. No need for another. Kiss has to be a good shooter/better be a good shooter.
Im very skeptical about Kiss. Honestly if he can give us 10-12 minutes of playing good D and rebounding to give guys like geo and mathis a blow, id be happy with that

We need Corey back , badly next year.

If he plays as well as he has over this tournament next year aka the “home Corey” we can beat anyone on any night if you just have 1 other supporting guy like Geo, Thiam, Kiss, or Mathis.

I don’t think Geo would be ready to step in to fill Corey’s shoes. He can’t create his own shot like Corey can. But he is a much better passer than Corey.

Im very skeptical about Kiss. Honestly if he can give us 10-12 minutes of playing good D and rebounding to give guys like geo and mathis a blow, id be happy with that

I hear you, but Pikiell took him as a transfer knowing he would have an empty roster spot. If he has to take a grad transfer to do what Kiss is supposed to do........

I think we should hold off on proclaiming Kiss the best shooter on team before he has even played for us given the amount of times we have heard so and so is the best shooter on team. Lets hope that Kiss can come and provide some needed points and leadership off the bench that Mike gave us this year. Anything other than that would be gravy but not something to expect
I think what Rutgers needs as much as a 3-pt shooter is better play at the 5 position. Can you imagine how much better this team would have been if CJ Gettys had played this year instead of last? Often overlooked is how little contribution, both on offense and defense, Rutgers got from its center position. If Rutgers hopes to advance within the Big Ten , it needs much more production from the 5 position. I was never sold on Doorson--he was slow , couldn't jump or move his feet, and had little if any offensive or defensive skills. Sa had his moments but didn't appear strong enough to go up against better 5's. Doucoure was an enigma to me--he looks to have athleticism but his defense was poor , mediocre rebounder , and often looked lost on the court.

As far as grad transfer, if internships are what a student is looking for, there is no better place than nyc.

Watch for Thiam next year. I think we will see a much more confident, and aggressive player. But without Corey - we are not winning many games next year

Last edited:
Is Souf coming back?

Excellent point. The premise here is that Corey stays, thus a grad transfer is an attractive option. The problem is we have no spot unless someone, other than Corey, leaves. The leading candidates would be Souf and Bullock but we will have to wait for some kind of announcement or this is a moot conversation

Reactions: Proud NJ Sports Fan
Geo or Thiam are the best shooters on the team, Kiss looks like he needs some work on that shot.
Doesn't square up enough. Feet need to be facing the target more. I'd also like to see him release the ball a little more in front of him so there's more hand and wrist in the shot and a little less arm - will give him better touch. That said, there's a lot of potential here.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT