ADVERTISEMENT

I'm So Disgusted With Duke

colbert17

Heisman Winner
Aug 30, 2014
Bangkok, Thailand
Old news but it's been festering. Three calls or non calls in the last 10 seconds go their way. Two of the three, Williamson's charge and Barrett's two hand shove in the back on the rebound were not even questionable.
For those who say referees shouldn't decide a game I say that's ridiculous. If you're not going to make the call on those two blatantly obvious fouls then don't have any rules.
I guess the NCAA and the networks couldn't let their cash cows, Williamson and Duke, get knocked out the first weekend. Feel so bad for UCF. They got screwed.
Professional wrestling looks more legit than the end of that game.

Nobody wants to to see duke out and ucf advancing. I’m happy we get to see this duke team make a run. It’s a historic team. Want to see how they match up against some of the other big boys. I’m happy.

Nobody????? I know A LOT of people who wanted to see Duke lose

I appreciate how duke persevered through adversity to win that game. It’s what championship teams do. Coach k doing a brilliant job again. I didn’t see any call that was blatant. Just saw a young duke team show a ton of courage. What a game.

The NCAA doesn't want Duke and Zion out of the tournament. That being said, UCF had many chances to make it a moot point and piss the NCAA off but didn't do it.

Beating Duke (or any blue blood) is like beating a championship boxer. you have to do it decisively and can't back into it.

Odd how people forget the shot clock violation that should have taken away UCF’s basket. Or Tacko’s blatant mugging of Zion a few plays earlier, which should have been his 5th foul...
Don’t try to give facts to @colbert17 guy doesn’t believe in them.

The comeback by duke is what makes this March madness. They won fair and square

Reactions: JavaDunk18
Nobody wants to to see duke out and ucf advancing. I’m happy we get to see this duke team make a run. It’s a historic team. Want to see how they match up against some of the other big boys. I’m happy.

I heard a funny comment regarding the lack of upsets so far:

"Upsets are great - for one game. But then you have to watch a less talented team play another game."

The bottom line was UCF had two chances to win at the end....only themselves to blame

Only themselves.... when Zion charges twice and gets a +1, and then no call on the UCF drive to the basket, which is fine, but then dont give Zion a foul on the other end. Either call both or neither.

Reactions: motorb54

Are you actually serious with this post? Not sure any team is hated more than Duke. They can't lose enough for me. And your claim in the later post that there were no blatant calls is laughable. I posted about the Zion charge and subsequent over the back on the missed FT in real time, as they were obvious live and obvious on tape. Yeah, UCF still could've won and got a break on the phantom shot hitting-the-rim call, so I don't "blame" the refs for the loss, but to not acknowledge that those were fouls near the end is just being a homer.

Are you actually serious with this post? Not sure any team is hated more than Duke. They can't lose enough for me. And your claim in the later post that there were no blatant calls is laughable. I posted about the Zion charge and subsequent over the back on the missed FT in real time, as they were obvious live and obvious on tape. Yeah, UCF still could've won and got a break on the phantom shot hitting-the-rim call, so I don't "blame" the refs for the loss, but to not acknowledge that those were fouls near the end is just being a homer.

Why do people hate duke. Is it because they are a top academic insitituition that runs a clean, successful program with a hall of fame coach. They are typically scandal free unlike many other top programs, their kids rarely if ever get in trouble off the court. Great academics. And they win.
Are you jealous of their success?

We should do everything we can to be duke on and off the court.

I would much rather duke win then an Arizona or LSU. Those are shady programs.

Why do people hate duke. Is it because they are a top academic insitituition that runs a clean, successful program with a hall of fame coach. They are typically scandal free unlike many other top programs, their kids rarely if ever get in trouble off the court. Great academics. And they win.

Yeah, I'm sure Coach K has never done a shady thing in his life.

Can we see the same consistency in outrage over the refs with regards to Purdue’s win last night?

Didn't see the game just highlights but if you're talking about the foul at the end of regulation that was pretty iffy, but not as blatant as Barrett's shove in the back.
There were three that went against Tennessee that were atrocious in the final seconds.

Refs aren’t going to call a ticky tack loose ball foul to benefit a guy who didn’t even try to box out.

Is the original poster suggesting coaches get one or two challenges during the course of the game where the game is stopped immediately and the officials have to review the video? A couple of the games that came down to the final seconds had obvious walking violations that resulted in game winning buckets.

I didn't want to see Duke lose to UCF, I want to see Duke lose the S16 game.

Last edited:
Is the original poster suggesting coaches get one or two challenges during the course of the game where the game is stopped immediately and the officials have to review the video? A couple of the games that came down to the final seconds had obvious walking violations that resulted in game winning buckets.

No because fouls are judgement calls. I would like them to just blow the whistle consistently.

Same thing with Notre Dame in football, clean program since what the 30s and people just love to hate them.

Same thing with Notre Dame in football, clean program since what the 30s and people just love to hate them.
Can’t speak about ND in the 30s, but anyone who thinks Duke doesn’t play the same games these other schools play they are fooling themselves. You think it is just a coincidence so many of their top recruits families move to Durham with jobs in hand? This was before they started going all in on the 1 and done guys. Let’s not forget Corey Maguette... any other program would have had that Final Four vacated.

They get to hand pick their guys, so they don’t have to recruit risky character players, but that doesn’t mean there are no shenanigans.

I am no Duke fan, but I think people need to be objective.

Can’t speak about ND in the 30s, but anyone who thinks Duke doesn’t play the same games these other schools play they are fooling themselves. You think it is just a coincidence so many of their top recruits families move to Durham with jobs in hand? This was before they started going all in on the 1 and done guys. Let’s not forget Corey Maguette... any other program would have had that Final Four vacated.

They get to hand pick their guys, so they don’t have to recruit risky character players, but that doesn’t mean there are no shenanigans.

I am no Duke fan, but I think people need to be objective.

And people used to say the same things about UNC under Dean Smith and we all know how badly UNC was cheating all along, even if the NCAA was too gutless to punish them for the worst academic scandal in modern times.

The other thing about teams like Duke and ND, who have obviously been very successful, is their beyond obnoxious and arrogant fans who actually act like they're entitled to that success.

Enjoying seeing Duke down 4 at the half and seeing UNC go down tonight. Now if Houston can just beat UK, it'll be a great night.

Reactions: motorb54
mickey-rat.gif

Clean?? Hahahahahaha!
Has Lance Thomas paid for that jewelry yet?
How much did "Uncle Monte" get paid?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT