ADVERTISEMENT

Indiana can score some points

RUaMoose

Heisman Winner
Oct 31, 2004
Lebanon, TN
33 at last check. Not a good sign because if they score more than 20 against us we’ll probably lose. 0-4 Big Ten start would be a disaster.

Schiano is purveyor of this disaster. A man with an absolutely middling career who is considered royalty by this fanbase, yet curiously, by no one else.

How's our recruiting this year? It's a good thing we don't play in a league that has much talent, and also that we have a coach that can take 2 and 3 star recruits and win consistently. It's also great that programs like Cuse and Maryland haven't been able to do in a shorter period of time than Schiano seems to need.

The future of this rebuild looks so promising!!

Well MSU won today so RU is the only winless team in the conference

You’re such a Neidermeyer. We all know how that ended.
niedermayer01.jpg

Reactions: RUaMoose
Do expect RU to beat Indy … cranked them 35-3 last year and have beaten them a few times … plus Indy had a game and RU had the bye and should be well rested.

We didn’t even play this weekend yet the negatoid peanut gallery chimes in.
Guys should do everyone a favor,including yourselves, go root ( knock) another team.
All I'm saying is it won't be a walk in the park. Curious to know if we'll be favored. I'm guessing a mild favorite like minus 2 or 3

So could Nebraska, they scored 14 points vs us.
The significance though is that a few weeks ago people were talking about bowl games and writing that no game is off the table and now we're wondering if our team can beat the weakest opponent left on the schedule. All the other games, including Maryland, seem to be assumed as losses.

The significance though is that a few weeks ago people were talking about bowl games and writing that no game is off the table and now we're wondering if our team can beat the weakest opponent left on the schedule. All the other games, including Maryland, seem to be assumed as losses.
The sky ain't falling (at least not yet). Rutgers is a few plays away from plus or minus one or two losses. If we were plus two wins (and we had a chance to be), bowl talk would be real. Who would have thought we'd be that close with what Greg inherited?? They have competed closely with every single team except OSU. Let's see how the team comes back after the bye and responds. Plus we have a new OC. From what I remember, Camp had Rutgers playing hard for him even though they were under manned. Our B1G defense needs to shut them down. As for MD, their QB is out (yeah, yeah I know we have lost to them when they played their 5th string QB), but MD traditionally under performs with a talented roster.

Reactions: 50 yd line RR
Call me crazy lol but I still think most are on the table. I see no consistent dominant teams in the B10 but I probably have to move Michigan over to the OSU column after yesterday. My question mark was McCarthy but their run game seems good enough to handle most teams without McCarthy needing to do a lot. Outside of that the rest are inconsistent so anything is possible. Doesn't mean we couldn't go winless or be blown out in any game but outside of Michigan I think the rest are on the table. I'll give this caveat too I suppose, we don't know how NC will be as OC. You'd think our offense couldn't get worse but who knows lol.

The sky ain't falling (at least not yet). Rutgers is a few plays away from plus or minus one or two losses. If we were plus two wins (and we had a chance to be), bowl talk would be real. Who would have thought we'd be that close with what Greg inherited?? They have competed closely with every single team except OSU. Let's see how the team comes back after the bye and responds. Plus we have a new OC. From what I remember, Camp had Rutgers playing hard for him even though they were under manned. Our B1G defense needs to shut them down. As for MD, their QB is out (yeah, yeah I know we have lost to them when they played their 5th string QB), but MD traditionally under performs with a talented roster.
Of the remaining games on the schedule which ones do you think the team will be one or two plays from winning let alone actually winning?

Not be me. I think we have a shot at more than one more win. I also want to see how competitive we can be with the big boys.

Of the remaining games on the schedule which ones do you think the team will be one or two plays from winning let alone actually winning?
Teams that would worry me are teams like TCU, Tenn, UNC, WF etc.... basically consistently productive offenses. Outside of OSU and maybe Michigan (although they do it in a different way) the B10 doesn't really have those imo. Purdue and Maryland could maybe fall in that category as well but they're inconsistent in their performances and can make mistakes.

This board is becoming completely unreadable and in many ways reflects what’s happened in our larger society.

I see the anti Schiano crowd castigating everyone and anyone who doesn’t follow them in their hate of Schiano.

How about we just let the rest of the season play out without every thread devolving into a pissing contest.

Last edited:
This board is becoming completely unreadable and in many ways reflects the what’s happened in our larger society.

I see the anti Schiano crowd castigating everyone and anyone who doesn’t follow them in their hate of Schiano.

How about we just let the rest of the season play out without every thread devolving into a pissing contest.
Someone mentioned it earlier…it is possible to separate the two.

That’s how I do it. I was Rutgers before, during, after and now during again.

Program > person

I’m not in any camp as my tent just says RUTGERS on it.

Someone mentioned it earlier…it is possible to separate the two.

That’s how I do it. I was Rutgers before, during, after and now during again.

Program > person

I’m not in any camp as my tent just says RUTGERS on it.
Absolutely - you nailed it.

Reactions: Knight Shift
All I'm saying is it won't be a walk in the park. Curious to know if we'll be favored. I'm guessing a mild favorite like minus 2 or 3
I think we will be a dog again. Personally I would of had Nebraska and Iowa a pickem. Yes I would of lost both.

And I see the pro-Schiano people, a larger number, doing the same thing to fans who are--shockingly--unhappy with the coach's performance in Year 3: "trolls," "haters," "not real fans," etc. In fact, it usually starts with 1. Fan criticizes Schiano 2. Pro-Schiano fan attacks critic 3. Critic defends him/herself by attacking back. Sorry but the pro-Schiano crowd playing innocent victim is laughable.

And I see the pro-Schiano people, a larger number, doing the same thing to fans who are--shockingly--unhappy with the coach's performance in Year 3: "trolls," "haters," "not real fans," etc. In fact, it usually starts with 1. Fan criticizes Schiano 2. Pro-Schiano fan attacks critic 3. Critic defends him/herself by attacking back. Sorry but the pro-Schiano crowd playing innocent victim is laughable.
It's not that simple.
1. Fan criticizes Schiano with a stupid ass comparison
2. Another fan points out the fallacies in the critic's stupid ass comparison
3. Critic come ups with an even more stupid ass whataboutism
4. Sorry, but we are all Rutgers fans, and don't see many "pro-Schiano" fans.
5. Double sorry- season is halfway over, not over as fans with stupid ass comparisons think it is.

Reactions: -RUFAN4LIFE-
I divide this board into two types. Rutgers fans and consistent whiners. Rutgers fans know we have a long way to go but have also come a long way. We like to focus on the positives but know full well there are negatives.

By the way the G I A N T S won ugly again today. They did it with Defense and just enough offense. Daniel Jones of 3 years ago would not be making the plays he is now down the stretch and Saquon is a beast!

It's not that simple.
1. Fan criticizes Schiano with a stupid ass comparison
2. Another fan points out the fallacies in the critic's stupid ass comparison
3. Critic come ups with an even more stupid ass whataboutism
4. Sorry, but we are all Rutgers fans, and don't see many "pro-Schiano" fans.
5. Double sorry- season is halfway over, not over as fans with stupid ass comparisons think it is.
Huh? I have noticed fans who criticize Schiano usually point to the fact that in 13+ years at Rutgers he has never won a single out right conference championship, has never been to a single elite bowl game based on his team's on field record, in 13+ years his teams have finished in the top 20 just once (12th in 06), he had his greatest moment in 06 where his team beat Louisville, by no means a traditional football power, which was ranked third at the time, in 2+ years he has not been able to win one single home B1G game. Now as for criticism I hear this year from fans it is that if not for a tremendous defensive interception he very well might have lost to Temple, a team that just got humiliated by UCF 70-13 in a game UCF could have put up over 100 points but for the fact they put the scrubs in the game in the third quarter, and also the pitiful offensive performance against Nebraska. Greg is a good coach, not great, but good and he will have a chance over the next few years to prove that fact, but to be honest there should be some concern in every Rutgers fan whether Schiano is the man to turn this program into a competitive B1G program.

I'm a Schiano supporter, but I think he's doing a crappy job with this rebuild.
I no longer think he can get it done. I don't think anyone can here. For me, it's time to move on from Rutgers football. Enough of unwatchable offense and quarterbacks who can't throw.

I divide this board into two types. Rutgers fans and consistent whiners. Rutgers fans know we have a long way to go but have also come a long way. We like to focus on the positives but know full well there are negatives.

By the way the G I A N T S won ugly again today. They did it with Defense and just enough offense. Daniel Jones of 3 years ago would not be making the plays he is now down the stretch and Saquon is a beast!
When does a long way to go become too long?

It’s a fair question.

I think each group has the right to an opinion, good or bad. There are some things that have gone right while others continue to be a mess. Schiano is a defensive coach and a good one. The talent on the D is up and they are playing well, not perfect but well enough to win.
The offense is still short on talent. I can't figure out what to expect out of an offensive group that doesn't have a decent or middle of the road line, no TE which is big with today's offenses, no WR who can stretch the field or a P5 QB. In the 3rd year of the rebuild, we still can't score.
That's where we are and I don't think anyone can deny it. There are so many "ifs" on the offense and I worry about that. I think we need a bigtime OC who has enough trust from his players that he brings a QB, WR and TE with him, kind of like Reilly did when he left for USC.

I think each group has the right to an opinion, good or bad. There are some things that have gone right while others continue to be a mess. Schiano is a defensive coach and a good one. The talent on the D is up and they are playing well, not perfect but well enough to win.
The offense is still short on talent. I can't figure out what to expect out of an offensive group that doesn't have a decent or middle of the road line, no TE which is big with today's offenses, no WR who can stretch the field or a P5 QB. In the 3rd year of the rebuild, we still can't score.
That's where we are and I don't think anyone can deny it. There are so many "ifs" on the offense and I worry about that. I think we need a bigtime OC who has enough trust from his players that he brings a QB, WR and TE with him, kind of like Reilly did when he left for USC.
The two recent OCs to teams of our level or lower that had a qb come along were Leach tree guys or “grandchildren”…Eric Morris went from HC at Incarnate Word to OC at WSU and brought Cameron Ward with him and another player who I forget. Zach Kittley (current TT OC) went from OC at Houston Baptist to OC at WKU and brought Bailey Zappe with him and set records at WKU. He turned that into his current TT OC spot.

The type of offenses they run aren’t the type GS is likely to install but that’s the profile of the type of coach in recent history. Riley is also a Leach tree guy.

You missed the intent of my response, which was about the team's progress and the results of our past games. Other than saying let our D play against Indiana and the past struggles of Maryland, I wasn't discussing much of anything for the remaining games.

agree with a lot of what you say, even the part about crediting Schiano for the good defense. But he’s also responsible for the inept offense both in philosophy and recruiting failure. He simply doesn’t have a good history with QBs and that spooks kids with talent elsewhere. Can’t blame them. If my kid was legit D1 qb this is the second to the last I would send him, the last place being Navy.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT