ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball INSTANT REACTION: Rutgers Basketball falls to Wake Forest 76-57

At game. Mag warmed up prior to game and now at half. Never took the sweats off though. Was dunking. He looks ready. My guess is next game. Just a guess.

Reactions: RUDivision
The offense stinks and the defense isn't much better.The performance of Cliff really is disheartening.He showed so much potential with his athleticism but the skillset in shooting is woeful.I'm also disappointed in Griffiths not showing enough shooting prowess for a highly rated recruit.The small guards need to score because on defense they can't defend taller players.At the end of the first half Wake Forest has allowed Rutgers to be only six points behind.
Mulcahy made Cliff look a lot better than he is by setting him up repeatedly. He’s exactly the same as 3 years ago but appears worse with worse players around him. He is what he is..a big body..we don’t have many of those.

Irony threes kept us in game.
We so miss Paul and Cam.
Cliff has regressed.
Easy points on inbounds are too easy.

This is pathetic
I don’t see how Pike can solve this Rubik’s cube of a line up problem. Not enough consistent play from anyone.
Team is full of fringe starters and bench players. That’s the reality unfortunately.
And not being able to rebound just compounds the lack of talent on the team.

Reactions: biazza38
Didn't catch 1st half but see Cliff w/ only 2 pts and 2 fouls. Good/bad foul calls? Did he have to sit most of the half because of the fouls?

Finally decided to start driving and refs are now calling fouls.

Do networks ever listen to their broadcasts? The color commentary guy is god awful and making up non factual crap. Makes a high Bill Walton sound like a genius.

Good first 4 of the 2nd half, unlike Saturday, so there's hope. Down 4 with Hyatt shooting 2. Strange, though, how we went from being one of the biggest, most physical teams in the country the past few years to being one of the smallest and least physical - quicker, for sure, but maybe we just haven't figured out how to deploy that quickness better, yet.

Reactions: BillyC80
Mulcahy made Cliff look a lot better than he is by setting him up repeatedly. He’s exactly the same as 3 years ago but appears worse with worse players around him. He is what he is..a big body..we don’t have many of those.
I was gonna point this out. Cliff cannot create his own shot and needs a good point guard who can get him the ball in the one and only spot he knows how to score from. His weaknesses have really been exposed this year

Reactions: satnom and Mr Magoo
The foul discrepancy is a joke. The official under the basket has officiated many games, especially in the B1G. He calls touch fouls on us, and when Cliff gets mauled, no call.

Anyway, we were down by five against Illinois. I love how we scratched and clawed our way back into that game, only to come out cold again. Will we see a repeat of that, or will our kids actually come out firing?
lol that was one play they missed...the officiating has SUCKED but just plain old "sucked" IMHO....both teams getting away with some walks and other crazy shit, 8-5 fouls is actually a lot less than normal for us at this point in a game.

Good first 4 of the 2nd half, unlike Saturday, so there's hope. Down 4 with Hyatt shooting 2. Strange, though, how we went from being one of the biggest, most physical teams in the country the past few years to being one of the smallest and least physical - quicker, for sure, but maybe we just haven't figured out how to deploy that quickness better, yet.
Agreed ! If you practice to run and play fast then RUN and play fast. Stop w the slowdown toss it in to cliff

That second chance 3 for Wake was too easy
Terrible rebounding position
Terrible defense
Someone show a spark

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT