ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball INSTANT REACTION: Rutgers Basketball falls to Wake Forest 76-57

a six point deficit is the best possible outcome after that terrible half. We cannot have a slow start in the second half this time!

Reactions: RW90
Yea no thanks on Boeheim on the halftime show.
the-office-steve-carell.gif

From down 18 to 37-31 at the half. Hyatt MVP for us tonight with 11 and a nice 6 each from Wolf and Oskar to bring us back. Just happy to see us not give up, which would've been easy. So maybe my fears of a chemistry issue were unfounded (I didn't say there was one, but was wondering). Could really use Mag back, duh. Tough half for Gavin, who started, but played poorly, and a bad half for Cliff with just 2 points and 2 fouls. Also, apart from Fernandes with 4, our other small guards are 1-6. But we're in it, so maybe we can build off the comeback and do better in the 2nd half, unlike the IL game.

Once again, we’re back in the game. If this team could ever figure out how play to start a game we may never lose
Simple start driving to basket from first play. How many years does it take to realize pass the ball slowly around the perimeter doesn’t work.

The foul discrepancy is a joke. The official under the basket has officiated many games, especially in the B1G. He calls touch fouls on us, and when Cliff gets mauled, no call.

Anyway, we were down by five against Illinois. I love how we scratched and clawed our way back into that game, only to come out cold again. Will we see a repeat of that, or will our kids actually come out firing?

Reactions: tm_nj
As poorly as we've played tonight so far, that was some never give up effort to close down 6 at the half!
Totally agree. And I’m not generally blame the officials guy, but there were some real horesh$t calls that helped them maintain or pad their lead when we were trying to make a run. We have a shot now.

Reactions: tm_nj
The foul discrepancy is a joke. The official under the basket has officiated many games, especially in the B1G. He calls touch fouls on us, and when Cliff gets mauled, no call.

Anyway, we were down by five against Illinois. I love how we scratched and clawed our way back into that game, only to come out cold again. Will we see a repeat of that, or will our kids actually come out firing?

Reactions: blueoyster
Someone help me! We heard all preseason of Pike changing and practicing with a 12 sec shot clock. We’re small and we play slow like last year. If you practice to play fast and run then WHY are we walking it up and trying to throw it in to a very limited center.

Start playing faster and run or you’re consistently going to get beat. Don’t have the horses pike to play last years style

The offense stinks and the defense isn't much better.The performance of Cliff really is disheartening.He showed so much potential with his athleticism but the skillset in shooting is woeful.I'm also disappointed in Griffiths not showing enough shooting prowess for a highly rated recruit.The small guards need to score because on defense they can't defend taller players.At the end of the first half Wake Forest has allowed Rutgers to be only six points behind.

The reality is 5 3s is haf the offense

Tough to win like that
Yeah I feel like our comeback was fools gold somewhat. Although we did play better defense in the last 8 minutes, and we finally started hitting shots OTHER THAN the threes.

This is pathetic
I don’t see how Pike can solve this Rubik’s cube of a line up problem. Not enough consistent play from anyone.

Reactions: RW90
Starting to have my doubts if he ever feels like he's ready to come back.
I was never really worried about him coming back until he didn't play against IL, as I always thought Dec was more realistic than Nov after an ACL. Now, I'm not sure what's going on - perhaps just a minor setback, but worried it's something more, which is what fans will worry about in the absence of info.

Reactions: koleszar
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT