ADVERTISEMENT

Is discussing the Board of Governors permissible here?

Local Shill

Hall of Famer
Aug 30, 2001
Easton Avenue's finest gin mills
If it's not, I'll obviously abide by the rules and respect the wishes of the moderators even if I don't agree with them.

If discussing them is allowed I'd like to get a dialogue going and learn a little more about what makes those individuals tick and their thought process.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Because overwhelming the board with a bunch of posts with just someone's name in the subject line with no content or context was probably seen rightfully as spam maybe?

Originally posted by ColonelRutgers:
Because overwhelming the board with a bunch of posts with just someone's name in the subject line with no content or context was probably seen rightfully as spam maybe?
THIS.

Those posts were horrible. Just a persons name. No content. Glad they were deleted. Nice try but you missed the mark.

Shill,

Do you ever take a day off ? Yesterday it was Dick Lloyd, today it's a break down of the BOG members. I'm getting a little worried about you man.
smile.r191677.gif

Shill they were bad. Multiple people gave you that feedback. The Dick Lloyd post was the first one I read and the comment was something vague and incoherent about a Twitter post if I recall correctly. No clue what the take away was supposed to be. The BOG posts???

I would seriously love to understand if BOG members have any link to basketball or any love of the game. However, is it required that you be a booster to be a BOG member? Interesting that if you just look at the bios of the members that only two of them, both Rutgers professors, have ever attended a university at the undergraduate, masters or PHd. level that one would consider a basketball school -- Kentucky and Michigan State.

I wouldn't look for a ton of support here. Just my opinion.

Shill

The president and bog are afraid of media and political back lash from anything in the athletic
Dept

The best channel of energy is the public support to so something to improve the facilities for hoops.
The star ledger and certain politicians are getting involved

Making this a continued media awareness will help support.

This gives the cover for the weak barchi and bog to have the cover to do something from the media and the politicsns

The best thing we can do as Rutgers fans is to keep this issue in the news and kn be public eye

Originally posted by Scarlet Shack:
Shill

The president and bog are afraid of media and political back lash from anything in the athletic
Dept

The best channel of energy is the public support to so something to improve the facilities for hoops.
The star ledger and certain politicians are getting involved

Making this a continued media awareness will help support.

This gives the cover for the weak barchi and bog to have the cover to do something from the media and the politicsns

The best thing we can do as Rutgers fans is to keep this issue in the news and kn be public eye
Then do it there.

This is hardly the "public eye"

Yes. Complaining about facilities, Barchi or the BOG here is an enormous waste of time. Email the papers, hit Twitter, do something public. The rivals board is not that place.

Originally posted by Local Shill:
Exactly. It's clear improving the basketball program is not something of any consequence to these empty suits.
Nor should it be. They are a couple of steps removed from worrying about a freaking basketball team. There are people in charge of worrying just about sports, and if they request something the BOG denies, then we can complain. But how often does a sports thing get from Jordan to Julie to Barchi to the BOG?

The BOG need not be proactive when it comes to sports. It is not -- and should not -- be their area of expertise. At schools where people like that care too much about sports, bad things tend to happen.

Originally posted by BoroKnight:
Originally posted by Local Shill:
Exactly. It's clear improving the basketball program is not something of any consequence to these empty suits.
Nor should it be. They are a couple of steps removed from worrying about a freaking basketball team. There are people in charge of worrying just about sports, and if they request something the BOG denies, then we can complain. But how often does a sports thing get from Jordan to Julie to Barchi to the BOG?

The BOG need not be proactive when it comes to sports. It is not -- and should not -- be their area of expertise. At schools where people like that care too much about sports, bad things tend to happen.
Yes and no. They dont have to be involved on a day to day basis to make or break the sport. Clearly Barchi is either getting his orders from or getting them OKed by the BOG as far as reducing the subsidy and not borrowing to finance sports expansion.

So they can have a major role to play, even just setting big issue policy.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT