ADVERTISEMENT

Jacob Young Will Be 1st Team All-B1G Defense

A

anon_0k9zlfz6lz9oy

been saying for months hes going to be a defensive menace but based on some of the reports im hearing, hes gonna be 1st team all-big ten level good on the defensive end. Cant wait to see his first big test of the year when he draws the assignment on myles powell. I think powells in for a long day

Reactions: Scangg
Kyk took his hyperbole pills today I guess. Look, we'd all love it to be true. Young 1st team defense. Gene our 3rd best option at the 4. I'd love to believe both are true but it really wasn't long ago you were hyping us that Gene was basically pure garbage and shouldn't be playing at this level.

Kyk took his hyperbole pills today I guess. Look, we'd all love it to be true. Young 1st team defense. Gene our 3rd best option at the 4. I'd love to believe both are true but it really wasn't long ago you were hyping us that Gene was basically pure garbage and shouldn't be playing at this level.
His freshman year, eugene was pure garbage and had no business playing division 1 baskeball. Pike and jay young made him into a player. You’ll see with jacob young, im telling yoi

been saying for months hes going to be a defensive menace but based on some of the reports im hearing, hes gonna be 1st team all-big ten level good on the defensive end. Cant wait to see his first big test of the year when he draws the assignment on myles powell. I think powells in for a long day
He's gonna be lights out on offense also.

He's gonna be lights out on offense also.
Ive heard he has the quickest first step off the dribble on the team in open runs but have also heard he remains an extremely streaky outside shooter. Hes either lights out unconscious or cold as ice

Ive heard he has the quickest first step off the dribble on the team in open runs but have also heard he remains an extremely streaky outside shooter. Hes either lights out unconscious or cold as ice

I have a feeling Young will be a change of pace guard/6th man.

He seems like a tremendous kid. I just think his form/shooting will not lend him to being consistent enough to get 25+ minutes. Usually when your shooting is that volatile, it means you have not spent time with consistent reps with same form, or you just have poor shot selection.

One can be changed. If you have bad form and the ball goes in, no one will say anything. We'll see.

Do you think Young has enough self awareness and control to stop shooting on those off nights?

If not, I always have thought coaches need to play streaky players less minutes on nights they are ice cold

Do you think Young has enough self awareness and control to stop shooting on those off nights?

If not, I always have thought coaches need to play streaky players less minutes on nights they are ice cold
I am not sure honestly. We’ll have to see. With our backcourt depth he’ll have to stay in check. However with how good he is defensive, i expect a ton of minutes even if hes off

Reactions: Scangg
I'm excited to see Young on the floor. From what I've seen in practice, he'll match up well against the smaller quicker guards that we we struggled against last year. He has a nice jumper, I expect he'll average between 1.5-2.5 treys per game.

Reactions: rubigtimenow
I have a feeling Young will be a change of pace guard/6th man.

He seems like a tremendous kid. I just think his form/shooting will not lend him to being consistent enough to get 25+ minutes. Usually when your shooting is that volatile, it means you have not spent time with consistent reps with same form, or you just have poor shot selection.

One can be changed. If you have bad form and the ball goes in, no one will say anything. We'll see.
Mods from both sites think he will be our leading scorer so I highly doubt he's a sixth man.

Mods from both sites think he will be our leading scorer so I highly doubt he's a sixth man.

We shall see. I hope he plays really well for himself. Players have always been boosted up in the offseason. It gets us excited and makes people buy tickets.

Reactions: rubigtimenow
Young could also be in early foul trouble guarding Powell just like other defenders .

How many years does he have left to play? Two more or just one?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT