ADVERTISEMENT

Jalen Carey Official Visits

Usually the recruit does not get the same experience.

Many official visits last just a few hours.

An official visit gives the staff more face time with the recruit and his parents. It also gives the recruit more time to spend with the guys who would be his future teammates (that is very valuable). I've seen itineraries of official visits and they are quite robust. Some schools, North Carolina is one of them, end the official visit with breakfast at the head coaches home. I'd imagine after two days on campus, going to the head coaches house with your family for breakfast with him, his wife, the lead assistant; would make it difficult not to at least give a silent verbal.

I've seen schools do what they call an official visit "Lite" where they try to cram almost all of the things they'd do on an official into an unofficial visit. Florida did this with Devon Dotson earlier this summer. Meetings with the coaches, S&C coach, nutritionist, team trainer, academic support person, the associate AD for basketball, tour of campus, tour of the student-athlete academic center, tour of the arena and practice facility. It was almost like an assembly line and pretty exhausting for all involved. Florida did that because they knew the family would only take one unofficial visit there and wanted to show as much as possible in hopes of getting an official visit while school is in session and Dotson and his parents can get a better feel for campus life.
Thank you sir for info

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT