ADVERTISEMENT

Jeff Brohm has Purdue football fun again

Knight Shift

Legend
May 19, 2011
Jersey Shore
Adam Rittenberg ESPN Staff Writer

Purdue is fun again. From Boilers coach Jeff Brohm earlier today: "As far as style of play, yes, I want to make it fun and entertaining for anyone who's watching. I think that's what it's all about.It is a game. While you want to win and do your part, it is important to have fun with it."

http://www.mlive.com/sports/2017/09/jeff_brohm_has_purdue_football.html

The Purdue game should be entertaining and fun!!!

I hate to say "I told you so", but the year we play Purdue, they're good.

football is about offense these days, if you have one, you have a chance, its a much different climate than 20-30 years ago where it was defense that kept you in games
Then we have a real chance with our explosive O.
"Shocking Power"

football is about offense these days, if you have one, you have a chance, its a much different climate than 20-30 years ago where it was defense that kept you in games
I've been saying that for some years and I've given quite a few examples/rankings over the years of teams outperforming their perceived status on the college landscape on the back of a strong offense as opposed to defense. But you still need to at least field a mediocre defense.

Ironically, because of that I actually think the probability is better to have a good defensive head coach who goes out and hires a top OC than an offensive coach that hires a DC. I think some of these offensive "gurus" get too lost in the machinations of their own offense that they don't pay attention to the defense enough. I don't know that the reverse is true as often.

Adam Rittenberg ESPN Staff Writer

Purdue is fun again. From Boilers coach Jeff Brohm earlier today: "As far as style of play, yes, I want to make it fun and entertaining for anyone who's watching. I think that's what it's all about.It is a game. While you want to win and do your part, it is important to have fun with it."

http://www.mlive.com/sports/2017/09/jeff_brohm_has_purdue_football.html

The Purdue game should be entertaining and fun!!!
For Purdue.

For Purdue.
frank_perdue.03.jpg
???

When do we see our first fake punt or field goal?
That was one of the best things the other coach we had used to do. Worth it just to see his goofy smile when it worked.

I would like some clarification re: the use of the word "again" in the OP.

I would like some clarification re: the use of the word "again" in the OP.
A guy named Drew Brees once played there. I heard he lit up the scoreboard & won Purdue a share of the Big Ten Championship. That's like, ancient history though.

A guy named Drew Brees once played there. I heard he lit up the scoreboard & won Purdue a share of the Big Ten Championship. That's like, ancient history though.

Good correction. I always forget about that team.

I do, however, remember Northwestern's Rose Bowl year. So my brain isn't completely fried, yet.

Reactions: rurichdog
ancient history is 20 years ago when they ended the season ranked in 97 (15), 98 (24), 99 (25), 2000 (13) and 2003 (18). and if you're really old Bob Griese, Jim Everett, Mark Hermann, Mike Phipps, etc... where fun to watch. Curtis Painter and Kyle Orton.. not as much.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT