ADVERTISEMENT

Karl Hobbs to expected to take lead Georgia Tech Job

in22

Redshirt
Jan 5, 2023
Seems like Karl Hobbs will be leaving to join Georgia Tech’s staff as the lead assistant. To me this would be a huge success if we could replace him with Mcconnell.

Reactions: anon_0k9zlfz6lz9oy
Where are you hearing this? Karl leaving would leave us with some interesting choices.

Who is the AAU coach for Bailey and Harper now?
Hire him.

Or someone who coaches an elite 2025 recruit.
Your opinion officially no longer matters....155 points given up including 55 in a quarter. Since you accept this as basketball I have to take everything you saw with a grain of salt.

Reactions: NickRU714
I'll believe it when I see it. Hobbs has been rumored to leave for like three straight offseasons.

If true and something he will be happy with, good for him.
I had expected him to leave, but as a HC somewhere and not another assistant position lead or not.
But if the money is right, at this stage of his career it has to be a factor if he doesn't plan to try and be a HC again

It has nothing to do with his coaching ability, it is all about increasing the odds that Ace and Dylan end up here.
Haven't we as fans for years talked about how wrong this practice is. With NIL and transfer portal it is now the Wild West.

I am getting closer to putting college basketball in the grave right next to where I put college football.

At least give yourself 2024-2025. You’ve earned it.
He's earned it?? He doesn't even want Bailey and Harper to come to Rutgers lol. He deserves to sit at home on the couch and watch reruns of the Brady Bunch and remember the good ole days to fill all his extra time.

I thought Maconnell’s next career step would be HC. Would he come here in an Associate HC role?

All due respect but 3 weeks ago you said he would be a head coach in 2 weeks. If Hobbs leaves he'd be a great candidate, but not sure what makes it "strange" if Pikes has other candida

All due respect but 3 weeks ago you said he would be a head coach in 2 weeks. If Hobbs leaves he'd be a great candidate, but not sure what makes it "strange" if Pikes has other candidates.
With all due respect,he turned down 2 head jobs as they didn't seem right. How could there be a better candidate? What am I missing.

Last edited:
He's earned it?? He doesn't even want Bailey and Harper to come to Rutgers lol. He deserves to sit at home on the couch and watch reruns of the Brady Bunch and remember the good ole days to fill all his extra time.
Raising concern about a program and coach going 180 degrees on the type of players being brought in to the program doesn't mean I should have to watch the Brady Bunch. The concern is not crazy. Can I watch the episode where Marsha gets hit with the football?

With all due respect,he turned down 2 head jobs as they didn't seem right. How could there be a better candidate? What am I missing.
Certainly his prerogative to turn down 2 jobs, but apparently you thought he would be offered another job he would take. Didn't happen (yet). I've already said he'd make a great candidate, but as far as "How could there be a better candidate?", boy, your deep infatuation with anything Ivy is really showing through.

Brave of you to give up on the worst football program in America and the Yankees during their 14 year World Series drought
You got the 1st half right. I bailed on Yankees during their success because of the stupid free agent signings and the bloated budget they had.

Always a Pirate fan, but rooted for the Yankees and Mets as a kid.

Reactions: rubigtimenow
Certainly his prerogative to turn down 2 jobs, but apparently you thought he would be offered another job he would take. Didn't happen (yet). I've already said he'd make a great candidate, but as far as "How could there be a better candidate?", boy, your deep infatuation with anything Ivy is really showing through.
Some are starting to figure things out

I'll believe it when I see it. Hobbs has been rumored to leave for like three straight offseasons.
GTech has some ancient success in basketball. It could be they have some monied support for NIL to try to make a move to rekindle that history.. old history with NYC elite programs. Hmmm.. I kinda have to wonder now who Hobbs was lead recruiter with and if they had GTech on their radar as well.... hmmm....

Reactions: MiloTalon13
GTech has some ancient success in basketball. It could be they have some monied support for NIL to try to make a move to rekindle that history.. old history with NYC elite programs. Hmmm.. I kinda have to wonder now who Hobbs was lead recruiter with and if they had GTech on their radar as well.... hmmm....
Nothing is definite yet

Reactions: MiloTalon13
I'm thinking Stoudamire feels he needs an experienced College assistant with College HC experience to guild him as a first time HC.
Also wants someone a top assistant that wasn't part of the program last year rather then pick a member of the previous HC's staff that kept on.

Yes sir, Hooper. A zealot for a guy who has bled Scarlet from the day he was born,was a Rutgers lead manager and who has a career goal of being the Rutgers basketball head coach, in addition to the best Hoop Group contacts anywhere and anytime. Good call on that one. I can't wait for hoops guru 66 to join in on your impeccable and hard hitting analysis.

I'm thinking Stoudamire feels he needs an experienced College assistant with College HC experience to guild him as a first time HC.
Also wants someone a top assistant that wasn't part of the program last year rather then pick a member of the previous HC's staff that kept on.
Wasn’t he the coach at Pacific?

Reactions: Riderbronc
Yes sir, Hooper. A zealot for a guy who has bled Scarlet from the day he was born,was a Rutgers lead manager and who has a career goal of being the Rutgers basketball head coach, in addition to the best Hoop Group contacts anywhere and anytime. Good call on that one. I can't wait for hoops guru 66 to join in on your impeccable and hard hitting analysis.
It seems like if we make a good offer Mcconnell would be extremely interested. If he’s not going to get a HC job, and has aspirations to be a HC soon, than what’s the difference of leaving RU or Princenton for one? If anything we’ll probably give him a pay raise for a year or two.

Analysis of what? Attention seeking gossip? I guess more discreet "coaches" are giving you the "gossip" to feed a message board? And I don't pretend to or need to be considered a guru about basketball like yourself. You want/need that title for some reason.

Wasn’t that NYC success due to Bobby Cremins or am I giving him too much credit?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT