ADVERTISEMENT

KJ Gray and DeVera dismissed from team

Although this sucks for the team and for us, I respect the fact that Ash seems to want to run a clean program and is not afraid to clean house.
Same. I want Ash to run a clean program, but we're never going to build depth if we keep dismissing young guys who are on the 2-deep. Guys need to start using their heads.

Very frustrating but it's important to run a clean program.

Big blow at Safety in particular. Will be interesting to see who can take that job in camp. Stevens? Maybe Lopez is ready?
Also wonder how this impacts the younger Devera's commitment.
Agree with the sentiments about the value place on a clean program by Ash, but this still sucks.

Always wonder if this would happen to players on top teams in like situations.

If the rumors of what happened are true, then yes they would. This isn’t something like smoking some weed

Reactions: RUBand
If the rumors of what happened are true, then yes they would. This isn’t something like smoking some weed
Correct me if I’m wrong. Didn’t several ND players get caught with weed (several years ago), and suit up that Saturday? (The one player with the gun was thrown off the team, c’mon now)

NJ.com reads these boards and get their article ideas right from the threads here.

If Ash was to discuss public why they were release, he can. But if you don't know, you don't really need to know.

Besides it doesn't even matter at that point, what's done is done.

I wonder if we will be hearing about an arrest as that sometimes happens after a dismissal when the truth comes out.

Because it is refreshing to see that the football program is a lot different now.
The process of addressing these issues may be different and refreshing, but I can’t help but have that sinking feeling that the outcome is the same. The quality of player being recruited by the two coaches isn’t night and day. The biggest difference is that many of Flood’s most productive contributors were kicked off his teams due to hooliganism, resulting in a paper thin depth chart. If Ash’s recruits start getting dismissed (and these aren’t projected benchwarmers), the end might turn out to be the same.

Without saying what the rumor is, could someone who knows what it is say if they think it's the kind of thing that the players can come back from? Possibly be reinstated down the line if they do and say the right things. Thanks.

Oh brother.....speaking about brothers wonder if there is issue with the brother’s commit

Must have been something serious, if Ash still has to recruit the younger Devera and speak with the parents after kicking the older son off the team. That’s gotta be awkward.

I've heard from former players (not Rutgers) that the top talent gets away with some pretty significant infractions and there is A LOT of resentment.

Reactions: RUBand
Don't know about Devera but Gray had problems at St. Peter's Prep and I assume was considered a high risk coming to RU with a short leash.

NJ.com reads these boards and get their article ideas right from the threads here.

If Ash was to discuss public why they were release, he can. But if you don't know, you don't really need to know.

Besides it doesn't even matter at that point, what's done is done.
You know what it sucks that we suck and we are dismissing good players because they violate team rules, but we get attacked and piled on by the public and the press for sucking, just once it would be nice if Sargent or whoever at NJdotcom said at least Ash is doing things proper and dismissing these players regardless that it is gonna make us worse, it would be a slap on the wrist at ND, PSU, or Michigan... James Franklin helped his players cover up a rape!

Reactions: sherepower
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT