ADVERTISEMENT

KJ Gray and DeVera dismissed from team

NJ.com reads these boards and get their article ideas right from the threads here.

If Ash was to discuss public why they were release, he can. But if you don't know, you don't really need to know.

Besides it doesn't even matter at that point, what's done is done.
I believe confidentiality rules might apply to the reasoin dismissed and that's why most of the time players are dismissed from a college programs it's for violation of the rules and offense isn't mentioned.
But that's my opinion, without knowing the confidentiality rules that guide info given to the public concerning dismissal from a college athletic program

The fact that Kenny Britt never got in trouble while he was on the team, or at least was never publically reprimanded or punished, is one of the things that I consider to be a miracle from up on high.

We never talk about it on here -- maybe because it's an inconvenient truth, maybe because people aren't aware? But Kenny runs with a ROUGH crowd, till this day. And he's high profile enough and successful enough to know better. Somehow he stayed out of trouble on the banks.

Or did we just not hear about any?

Your smug post couldn't make my point persist any more.
You are the pot and the kettle here. Look in the mirror. I don't have any idea of what happened, but I am reaured that people that I trust with news here say that it had to be done. That's all the most of us are concererned about.

Reactions: 17Q66
The fact that Kenny Britt never got in trouble while he was on the team, or at least was never publically reprimanded or punished, is one of the things that I consider to be a miracle from up on high.

We never talk about it on here -- maybe because it's an inconvenient truth, maybe because people aren't aware? But Kenny runs with a ROUGH crowd, till this day. And he's high profile enough and successful enough to know better. Somehow he stayed out of trouble on the banks.
"Somehow" Britt, Rice and the other stars from a winning team didn't get in trouble while at RU, but once they went to the NFL they did. Schiano learned at PSU and Miami how to cover up the problems so he could win by keeping his star players on the team. This is what good coaches from successful programs do. Look at PSU and what they covered up. That's why they win.

Ash needs to do this, and he should have learned this from Urban. He needs to keep the best players on the field to build depth and a program.

Or did we just not hear about any?
Britt was suspended for one game, but info put out was violation of team rules.
Think it came out later him and Anthony Davis ( also suspended for the same game) had a Cheech and Chong moment and were suspended for that.
That's if my memory serves correct.
Can't say for sure but think "smoking in the boys room" moment was the reason for him and Davis to be suspended but never officially announced.
Facts came out from people who had inside info

"Somehow" Britt, Rice and the other stars from a winning team didn't get in trouble while at RU, but once they went to the NFL they did. Schiano learned at PSU and Miami how to cover up the problems so he could win by keeping his star players on the team. This is what good coaches from successful programs do. Look at PSU and what they covered up. That's why they win.

Ash needs to do this, and he should have learned this from Urban. He needs to keep the best players on the field to build depth and a program.

Their dismissals give me less optimism for the season

Reactions: cicero grimes
Without saying what the rumor is, could someone who knows what it is say if they think it's the kind of thing that the players can come back from? Possibly be reinstated down the line if they do and say the right things. Thanks.

Come back? From *suspension*, yeah. Dismissal, OTOH, seems like a pretty permanent thing.

Yeah I think that recruitment is likely over. Probably not very welcome around the house after you kick big bro off the team.

Ya never know. Maybe his parents are big on personal responsibility and won't hold this against the program. That would be refreshing.

Reactions: rags
If these dismissals helps the team to show the players they must abide by the rules or be punished and even dismissed from team if they don't, I feel that will help make RU a better team and set the tone Aah wants for RU on the road to his building a winning program.
Better face problems head on than ignore them and see them get worse

Reactions: satnom and AD888
If these dismissals helps the team to show the players they must abide by the rules or be punished and even dismissed from team if they don't, I feel that will help make RU a better team and set the tone Aah wants for RU on the road to his building a winning program.
Better face problems head on than ignore them and see them get worse
That's a nice sentiment. But really is this how all those top programs do it? Or is it, be a salesman and make the sale anyway you can via lie, cheat, payment or degrading others. Keep your best players eligible any way you can and make sure if there is trouble it stays in house. Then if sh*t does hit the fan, hope you've won enough to have a cult like following, blame everyone else and have the school lawyer up in your defense. I really wish it was the admirable way you described, but I'm afraid the latter is what this sport has become.

Who cares, its a 2 star recruit and we will lose a FB and a TE. Both are meaningless losses
We're not a deep team. Any loss of a starter or contributor is a massive blow to this team. Our first string in most positions would be fighting to make backup on other P5 teams. Our backups played high school ball until 2 days ago. These losses will be felt.

last-chance-u-graphic-073027-getty-ftr_al3fjb7ksf2r1t5mhuycjnunn.jpg

Reactions: TonyVolt
That's a nice sentiment. But really is this how all those top programs do it? Or is it, be a salesman and make the sale anyway you can via lie, cheat, payment or degrading others. Keep your best players eligible any way you can and make sure if there is trouble it stays in house. Then if sh*t does hit the fan, hope you've won enough to have a cult like following, blame everyone else and have the school lawyer up in your defense. I really wish it was the admirable way you described, but I'm afraid the latter is what this sport has become.
You're right, but I still dream of doing things the right way on the road to sucess.
But as you pointed out, success is far more easier to obtain when you bend the rules as much as you can and don't get caught when breaking them on the way.

You're right, but I still dream of doing things the right way on the road to sucess.
But as you pointed out, success is far more easier to obtain when you bend the rules as much as you can and don't get caught when breaking them on the way.
So is what you are saying is if Flood did not get caught, he would have gone 1-0 every week? :confused:

Reactions: BaseballFan913

Britt and Anthony Davis both got in trouble and were suspended for games. There were plenty of others that were kicked off the team for undiclosed violations of team rules under GS. GS kicked a top DT recruit off the team, after being asked to do just that by Senior players, for not practicing hard and not being a positive influence on the team. GS still managed to keep the lid on the reason for most of his disciplinary action.

Their dismissals give me less optimism for the season

Right because these were all-Big Ten players who are irreplaceable...rofl.

Gray was a good player who maybe would emerge as a solid starter player this season. Maybe not since I heard somewhere that Damon Hayes was being moved to safety to compete with him as well as provide depth. We are deep at LB so the JUCO transfer will probably see more time at safety now than the hybird role he was slated to play.

Considering I already said we are deep at LB can you explain exactly why Devera's loss is even a blip? He's on the two deep coming out of the spring. No guarantee he holds off Battle in training camp for that spot and with a senior starter who doesn't come off the field much how much of an impact was Devera going to have again?

Stop with the sky is falling routine Chicken Little.

I love all the "insiders" here who say they know what the rumors are but refuse to divulge any information. Yet, at the same time, they continue to comment here cloaked with innuendo. To me, these are the most irritating types of people. "Look at me, look at me, I know what the allegations are! I'm an 'insider,' but I can't divulge any information."

What a crock of sh*t. You're not that important.
Agreed... But I'm actually shocked no one has said, GO TO THE PREMIUM BOARD FOR WHY THEY GOT KICKED OFF THE TEAM.

We're not a deep team. Any loss of a starter or contributor is a massive blow to this team. Our first string in most positions would be fighting to make backup on other P5 teams. Our backups played high school ball until 2 days ago. These losses will be felt.
THIS... don't know what the issues were.. no doubt its warranted... but I especially thought Devera was going to be a good one.

Reactions: Proud NJ Sports Fan

Schiano didn't have any say in anything at PSU. He would never find out about anything as he was way down the totem poll. He was GA and position coach there. He wasn't in the mix on anything going on there. He wasn't in Joe PA's circle at all.

Right because these were all-Big Ten players who are irreplaceable...rofl.

Gray was a good player who maybe would emerge as a solid starter player this season. Maybe not since I heard somewhere that Damon Hayes was being moved to safety to compete with him as well as provide depth. We are deep at LB so the JUCO transfer will probably see more time at safety now than the hybird role he was slated to play.

Considering I already said we are deep at LB can you explain exactly why Devera's loss is even a blip? He's on the two deep coming out of the spring. No guarantee he holds off Battle in training camp for that spot and with a senior starter who doesn't come off the field much how much of an impact was Devera going to have again?

Stop with the sky is falling routine Chicken Little.
I have to disagree. Anytime you lose a potential starter or a guy on the two deep in the B1G it's a big loss. The B1G is a war of attrition by years end and sometimes even sooner. This isn't the Big East or the two team ACC, in this league every game is a dog fight. Which leads to increased injuries. It's why I always point to scheduling when people say well look at Temple or BC and all the schools who have passed us. Their schedules suck compared to our gauntlet. The depth you point out in the LB corps is unproven, the safety depth was already a concern. These are loses for a team still without much depth.

Last edited:
Reactions: RUSK97
Sucks that it hurts depth, but everyone is replaceable. I’ll tell you what, I’m excited as heck at the opportunity for the next guy to be great.

As for what they did, i still have to go to work tomorrow and pay my mortgage next month whether I find out what they did or not, so I’m not losing sleep over it.

This may be one of the smartest posts I ever read on this board.

Sucks that it hurts depth, but everyone is replaceable. I’ll tell you what, I’m excited as heck at the opportunity for the next guy to be great.

As for what they did, i still have to go to work tomorrow and pay my mortgage next month whether I find out what they did or not, so I’m not losing sleep over it.

Posts like this were the norm around late August 2015. We all saw what happened.

I meant the Devera's not Gray.

Posts like this were the norm around late August 2015. We all saw what happened.

In August '15 you know who was at the helm and his recruiting classes left him with little talent to replace those losses. Not that Ash has had stellar recruits, but I feel the talent base is an upgrade vs. what the last guy brought in...At least the issues are being dealt with and not swept under the rug like the last guy. Integrity is an important asset to build upon when there isn't much else to rely on. The program is moving in the right direction in my opinion.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT