ADVERTISEMENT

Kyle McCord enters portal

I take it you realize that if this were implemented the only NCAA sports teams Rutgers would have are football and men's hoops. No women's soccer or basketball (Title IX failure). Both have gone deep into the NCAA tournaments in the past. No men's lacrosse and their Final 4 appearance as recently as 2022.

Not donations - but Rutgers University should be providing 100% funding for non-revenue sports.

It shouldn't be the responsibility of football and basketball to subsidize these sports. That's Rutgers responsibility.

Everyone blames football if a sport gets cut.
If it was that important, the University and the taxpayers should fund them then.

I wish we could land DJ Uiagalelei from Oregon State....I know thats a dream but spend some big cash and see how good Rutgers can be with a very good defense and a QB that will put points on the scoreboard!
As some of the more knowledgeable posters here have pointed out....we have too many other needs to spend the kind of money necessary in order to buy a quality quarterback on the transfer market.

Reactions: Jimpeg
I can't be called a Schiano fan, however, I truly believe he is a very competitive guy and wants to win. Surely, he can see Wimsatt's limitations and has to be working the phones to see if he can upgrade the position. I would not expect him to publicly announce it, in fact, he would probably publicly deny it, but that doesn't mean it is not happening behind the scenes.
Yea I am sure he wants to win, but timing matters too. He's not going to ditch the guy he already committed to who did get us to 6 wins. No high P5 QB is coming here with that headwind, nor would GS lie and say it's an open competition to a portal when clearly it's not.

He's said we're a running team, a developmental team, etc. At best he brings in a lower level RS Soph backup QB to fill in our QB gap year. Mayve a MAC or AAC backup. But I doubt even that.

And an upgraded WR / TE room then we can make some noise.
Any team that signs DJ Uiagalelei will immediately have Big transfers at WR/TE that would want to play with him and he would upgrade our current guys...Problem is there's going to be some Big School in South that will guarantee him Millions for just next year

No one insults more than gramps why is that ok? 11 is the minimum to give a month that’s not what I’m giving because I want to win not just discuss winning but do nothing to help the team.
good thing I am a gramps(Pops) or I may have taken that as an insult. hahahaha

Damn- wish NIL was around when I walked into GS 1.0's office back before the 09 season. lol "1 spot, stop moving him all around the line, keep him in that position and do more public promoting of him or a 5th year transfer won't be out of the question" Wish I could have added 6 figures to the convo...hahaha

Reactions: RuSnp
the portal QB McCord probably was worried about is the one on Texas' roster everyone is speculating he will be leaving that program now that the starter said he's returning
Arch Manning NIL bidding will be starting soon
Didn't Manning get some sort of crazy NIL at Texas. His ticket will be well over the $2 mil mark- per year

I'm wondering, does he have access to the Census records? They're supposed to be private
The funny thing is hearing some of these kids trying to be wittier then us.
No Way Smh GIF by MOODMAN

• Haha
Reactions: Foads
Arch's family said No NIL until he's a starter
Interesting and per "google" he did sign a NIL deal but it goes to charity. Good for a rich kid like him that will get an NFL contract even if he never plays a snap in college...

It is Texas - Gramps/Uncle in HOF/Another Uncle most likely HOF - Sounds like the lad is going old school.

So- let's say- Those eastern Southern boys say- we didnt ask for much but a "Manning" not starting for 2 years? Gotta do what is right- Oh yeah- both kids sort of held the NFL hostage...
Next Stop - 1st priority- Start/Win/Pay his Ass, even if we make him donate it to our charities. lol

Reactions: Rokodesh
Good for Day. Program comes before promises. The way it should be.
Are you implying you believe our coach is the opposite and to the detriment of the Program he would lose to keep a promise?
I just find that quite ludicrous.

Pretty much this. I have no idea what a McCord "costs" nowadays but putting that aside if he wants to come here captain Kirk and Greg should personally drive to Columbus to pick him up.
Supposedly McCord made $500,000 at OSU not sure if true or not though as I don't follow those things.

Are you implying you believe our coach is the opposite and to the detriment of the Program he would lose to keep a promise?
I just find that quite ludicrous.
It’s widely agreed here that’s why GS didn’t bring in a QB the class after GW. A promise not to. This also gives GW a big advantage in his subsequent camp competitions.

What’s your alternative explanation of no QB recruit the year after GW ? I’ll wait.

It’s widely agreed here that’s why GS didn’t bring in a QB the class after GW. A promise not to. This also gives GW a big advantage in his subsequent camp competitions.

What’s your alternative explanation of no QB recruit the year after GW ? I’ll wait.
I said it then and say it now- it is and was his death sentence if GW doesnt work out. You never skip a year- ever

Wimsatt isn't going anywhere, no other FBS program is going to play him at QB, let alone pay him NIL $s. If he leaves because his feelings are hurt, then he lacked the mental fortitude to succeed at that position to begin with.
Maybe a FCS team takes a chance on him?

I said it then and say it now- it is and was his death sentence if GW doesnt work out. You never skip a year- ever
Agree. And has a lot to do with why GW will not be benched. It would be admitting a major failure.

Still waiting for Bag’s alternate reason for the qb skip. Not a promise but ….

We only had 3 TD's against the 5 toughest defenses.

To have a competent offense, RU needs a QB that can take off and make plays with their legs and also do some designed QB runs. The ol, WR's, te, rb's beyond KM aren't good enough for a pure pocket passer.

Now it looks like they didn't want/allow GW to do this (take off if no one is open). That's an issue.

We only had 3 TD's against the 5 toughest defenses.

To have a competent offense, RU needs a QB that can take off and make plays with their legs and also do some designed QB runs. The ol, WR's, te, rb's beyond KM aren't good enough for a pure pocket passer.

Now it looks like they didn't want/allow GW to do this (take off if no one is open). That's an issue.
McCord against Michigan/Wisconsin:
18/30 (60%) 271 yards 2 TD/2 INT -3 Rushing yards--TOTAL YARDS 268
17/26 (65.4%) 226 yards 2 TD/2 INT -20 Rushing Yards-TOTAL YARDS 206

Wimsatt against Michigan/Wisconsin:
11/21(52.4%) 180 yards 1TD/1 INT; 28 rushing yards 4.7 YPC-TOTAL YARDS-208
16/35 (46%) 181 yards 1 TD/1 INT 43 rushing yards, 4.8 YPC-TOTAL YARDS-224

Reactions: nick614 and satnom
Here are some of the comments on McCord from eleven warriors :

Dude stop. Anyone who has watched the All 22 and know football have said he's not good enough. He misses reads way too much to be a top QB

And they would've won if the QB wasn't bad. There's a reason everyone who knows football says the dude is mediocre with major flaws

They were a few wide open TD passes missed by Kyle "one read" McCord away from beating Michigan

Yep, kept missing wide open guys. The last pick he threw, he had Emeka wide open down the sideline but threw it to MHJ who was surrounded by defenders. I know he was hit on the throw, but Emeka was open earlier, so probably could've got the pass off clean.

All McCord had to do was not make mistakes, and OSU wins. So many under thrown passess. Good luck to him, but he's no longer going to have the receivers to bail him out.

Do you mean calls by the refs? I saw too many balls thrown in the dirt or behind receivers, quite a few open receivers that weren't seen/thrown to and frustrated, first downs and touchdowns left on the field. I think we're some basic, decent reads and throws away from being #1 right now.

You need to actually watch some film. Day didn’t quit on him. Day made play calls that had people running wide open all season. McCord couldn’t read a defense or make the easy throws easy. His play was sub par at best. Terrible take here from you. Blame everyone but McCord is basically what you’re doing. Get a grip bud. Terrible terrible take. It’s fans like you who give this fan base a bad name and make folks think we don’t know football.

VERY happy actually. McCord had the best receivers in the country and wasted them. Look at what Haskins, Fields and Stroud did with top talent. And don't tell me "but the offensive line was bad". They protected him well all season. They struggled with the run game. Get over it and time to move on from Belasari 2.0 (except McCord can't run). And that's the other thing, McCord was like a statue back there.
And they talked sh!t about stroud, Fields and every other OSU QB too.

We offered 8 QB's for the 2022 recruiting class. If he promised GW like you say then why offer 8 QB's?
Sounds ta me they were trying to sign a QB.
Did GS have the recruiting staff waste their time offering 8 QB's knowing full well GS promised GW he would take no QB's?
Wonder how GW felt after being promised GS is out offering 8 QBS? Musta pissed off GW, how could he believe anything GS says after doing such a thing. I don't understand why he didn't just enter the portal after being dissed and lied to by GS.
So if its widely agreed upon on the board, it is therefore a fact that GS promised GW not sign a QB for 2022?
Heh that's funny.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT