ADVERTISEMENT

Let's go METS 2016 thread ......Just get in and anything can happen!

You're kidding ?
38 games vs. the two worst teams in baseball ?
That's gotta do wonders for your won-loss record.
Last year's NL East was one of the worst divisions in the history of baseball. This season, the teams are still pretty bad, but as of now, the Mets are tanking.

Wasn't this a Mets thread?

Did you honestly think that trying to create a "Met's Only" thread on this board without comments and trolling from other local (and not so local) teams would be a successful endeavor?

The other thread was fine and still fairly tame IMO.

Did you honestly think that trying to create a "Met's Only" thread on this board without comments and trolling from other local (and not so local) teams would be a successful endeavor?

Yup, saying "only" on any thread is a beacon signal for others to jump in and cause chaos!

Yeah but right now we don't want to talk about the Mets right now. Here's some notes from Metsblog (it's still early):

New York's 1-4 mark through the first five games at home is the franchise's worst five-game start in Queens since the 1997 club also went 1-4 at Shea Stadium.

Mets starters not named Syndergaard are 1-4 with a 5.33 ERA.

Entering play Tuesday, the Mets ranked dead last in the majors in batting average (.185), slugging percentage (.251) and OPS (.529).

Curtis Granderson snapped an 0-for-20 skid with a double leading off the first inning.

I dunno about that. I thought the Yankees were within striking distance of another World Series or two if they just acquired (or encouraged guys they had) to play some small ball among all the home run hitters. No excuse for the low percentage of getting guys in from third with less than two outs. Or worse, loading the bases and not even scoring. Can't recall teams that were so adept at getting runners on and so bad at not getting them in over the last half dozen seasons.
That's not a chemistry thing, that's a talent thing.

I don't know the exact cause, but I do know that Mets fans have a HUGE inferiority complex.
I can't say how much of it is World Series appearances in my lifetime, how much of it is World Championships, how much of it is Babe Ruth, Lou Gehrig. Joe DiMaggio, Yogi Berra, Mickey Mantle, etc., etc., etc.,etc. or how much of it is how long it's been since 1986.
I mean thirty years IS a long time.
And the Metsies do play in the same town as the greatest franchise in sports history.
Still can't deal with it, huh ?

Infirority complex from a Junior Circuit AL franchise? Nah.

New York is and always was National League MLB town like all US major cities are.

#42 is the first Met to hit four homers in a game! And it's only the sixth inning.

Infirority complex from a Junior Circuit AL franchise? Nah.

New York is and always was National League MLB town like all US major cities are.
You are an idiot. NL town??? You mean the town that lost two NL teams to the west coast? 63 World Series wins by the "Junior Circuit" vs 48 by the "Senior Circuit". Come to the table with facts next time!

Last edited:
The mets are tanking? Yea...ok. In what reality is "tanking" defined by the first 10 games of the freakin season. Gimme a break loser

...says the guy with over 14,000 posts since 2011
At least I have been seen in public, at games, on the sidelines. This clown only wants to derail this thread. You just need to see all of his stupid comments above.

Harvey crushed, lifetime record down to 25-22 (perhaps soon to be a below .500 pitcher).

Yanks amd Mets need wins today. It only April but both need a confidence boost.

Right now I'd happily take .200
He needs to be cut.

Easy there. Lots of major league hitters start off a season looking awful. Tex was notorious for it.
If ARod is still struggling in another month or so...here comes the Judge.

And as far as Harvey's record goes they had a stat about his record. When he has given up like 2 runs or less his record is a joke because the Mets do not score runs for him. Losses or no decisions. There was a year where Andy Pettite was given on average 6 runs a game and only won like 17 games and Andy had a lot of runs scored for him. I remember a game where he gave up 10 runs and got a no decision.

And as far as Harvey's record goes they had a stat about his record. When he has given up like 2 runs or less his record is a joke because the Mets do not score runs for him. Losses or no decisions. There was a year where Andy Pettite was given on average 6 runs a game and only won like 17 games and Andy had a lot of runs scored for him. I remember a game where he gave up 10 runs and got a no decision.

Did Matt Harvey steal T2K's lunch money or girlfriend or fiance? 90% of T2K's posts are trolling in the weather threads or trolling on Matt Harvey. Amusing and sad at the same time.

Interesting notes about Harvey and something Warthen said yesterday:

Mets pitching coach Dan Warthen has spotted a flaw in Matt Harvey's delivery in the stretch that could explain Harvey's 0-3 start.

After the Mets' 7-5 loss in Cleveland Saturday, Warthen told reporters the righthander is collapsing his back leg in the stretch. That breaks down the mechanics in his delivery, robbing Harvey of the "quick arm" Warthen says Harvey has when pitching without runners on base.

Saturday's numbers bear that out. Without runners on, Cleveland was 1-for-14 against Harvey with three strikeouts. When Harvey pitched out the stretch starting in the fifth, the Indians went 5-for-8 against him, with three walks and two stolen bases that led to five runs.

Through three games, Harvey (0-3, 5.71) has a 2.40 ERA in the first five innings and a 27.00 ERA in the sixth.

Easy there. Lots of major league hitters start off a season looking awful. Tex was notorious for it.
If ARod is still struggling in another month or so...here comes the Judge.
Yanks got lucky last year with Arod. Thought they were getting nothing last season and he was a threat. This year nothing, 0-5 yesterday. He certainly shouldn't be hitting in the middle of the order

No need to add stupid statements. Troll
You're a Yankee fan belittling a Met fan in a Mets oriented thread, but the other guy's a troll. I'll just assume you don't know what the word means.

You're a Yankee fan belittling a Met fan in a Mets oriented thread, but the other guy's a troll. I'll just assume you don't know what the word means.
Who says he is a Mets fan??? He has been killing both teams

Did Matt Harvey steal T2K's lunch money or girlfriend or fiance? 90% of T2K's posts are trolling in the weather threads or trolling on Matt Harvey. Amusing and sad at the same time.

Interesting notes about Harvey and something Warthen said yesterday:

Mets pitching coach Dan Warthen has spotted a flaw in Matt Harvey's delivery in the stretch that could explain Harvey's 0-3 start.

After the Mets' 7-5 loss in Cleveland Saturday, Warthen told reporters the righthander is collapsing his back leg in the stretch. That breaks down the mechanics in his delivery, robbing Harvey of the "quick arm" Warthen says Harvey has when pitching without runners on base.

Saturday's numbers bear that out. Without runners on, Cleveland was 1-for-14 against Harvey with three strikeouts. When Harvey pitched out the stretch starting in the fifth, the Indians went 5-for-8 against him, with three walks and two stolen bases that led to five runs.

Through three games, Harvey (0-3, 5.71) has a 2.40 ERA in the first five innings and a 27.00 ERA in the sixth.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, because it bears repeating. T2K is a joke and a know-nothing troll. When you use a pitchers record to describe his worth, you know nothing about baseball which is a team sport. Matt Harvey has gotten absolutely horrible run support throughout his entire career. If your troll a$$ can't understand that then I don't know what to say. I sense a bit of butthurt jealousy.

Anyway, I'll give Harvey the benefit of the doubt at this point and trust that him and Warthen (who's been tremendous) will fix his mechanics.

Last edited:
Reactions: shields
Great point about the run support. l love King Felix and i bet he has lost 10 games in his career 1-0 because the mariners do not score either.

Last edited:
Reactions: ntlrock1
No doubt about it. King Felix and many many other great pitchers have been robbed of tons of wins because of putrid run support. It's not Harvey's fault the mets sucked his first 2 seasons. Now they are finally a solid team capable of scoring runs, though he hasn't been pitching too hot to start off the season unfortunately.

But he's throwing gas, the velocity is there. Hes a bulldog on the mound. He's missing with his slider and change up, but he's just too good for that continue. Harvey will be just fine.

Reactions: shields

Until I suggested a Mets only thread and OP got bent LOL

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT