ADVERTISEMENT

Let's go METS 2016 thread ......Just get in and anything can happen!

Yankees need the steroid guys, Clemens, Jeter, Mo and Pettite, to come back and show the new guys how to get it done. ARod just doesn't seem to have the connections he used to have.

clemens-steroids-baseballjpg-0361ec771e372e63_large.jpg
The entire 2000 WS starting pitching staff for the Yankees was named in the Mitchell report. I'm surprised Pettite's plaque doesn't have a syringe embossed on the side.

Yankees need the steroid guys, Clemens, Jeter, Mo and Pettite, to come back and show the new guys how to get it done. ARod just doesn't seem to have the connections he used to have.

clemens-steroids-baseballjpg-0361ec771e372e63_large.jpg

Jeter, MO??? Wow. Incredibly stupid statement

Jeter, MO??? Wow. Incredibly stupid statement

I was nice enough to leave out Posada and O'Neill. Although they could certainly be clean. I mean I was the ONLY guy in my house in college not to smoke pot. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I was nice enough to leave out Posada and O'Neill. Although they could certainly be clean. I mean I was the ONLY guy in my house in college not to smoke pot. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
With that logic the Mets were full of steroids users and still sucked. What's their excuse?

yeah darnaud was always touted as an offensive catcher, thankfully he was only the 8th hitter. For him to succeed offensively I believe he needs to be in 5 thru 7 spot, which shows how deep the Mets lineup is. It might've have attributed to his slow start. Plawecki has the talent to step up, and has a better arm to throw out base runners. His bat profiles better as an 8 hitter than darnaud's, if that makes sense

Last edited:
Yankee fans, time to honker down,and relive a few years of the Horace Clark years. This is a Mets City for the foreseeable future, and you need to deal with it. Tough division, weak division, it doesn't matter. Every organization goes through a tough run, and I believe this will be the Yankees start to such a run. I expect snippy,babyish remarks, and would be surprised at anything less,lol.

Reactions: ntlrock1
It'll be interesting to see whether the Yankee slide continues. The most important part of a baseball organization is the GM and his team. Cashman has been successful for years, but the template was to spend a lot, more than everybody. He would go get players if they were good. While he had some home grown players, he didn't grow them.

It doesn't appear that the Yankees can operate that way anymore, or at least they are choosing not to. So Cashman and his team are going to have to find young talent. Money still helps there, but they'll need more evaluation and organizing skills. I don't know if he has it, and I'd bet he doesn't simply because those skills don't fall out of trees. The Yankees have a handful of potentially good young players. But that doesn't do it. An organization needs lots and lots of them because many don't pan out for a lot of reasons. Ask the 90s Mets and Generation K.

Yup that Phillie team at 11-10 has to be one of the 2 worst teams in baseball,lol. NLEast hardly looking like the historically worst division in baseball, not by a long shot. Next argument please, about why the Mets are winning now.

Mets have the 4th best record in baseball. And that is with Cespedes out, Harvey not in his best form (last night was decent), de Grom being away and a little off, and d'Arnaud out of the lineup. It should get better from here, and Washington seems to be coming back down to earth after a hot start--but they will be formidable with Murphy and d-bag Harper hitting the way they have been hitting. Let's Go Mets!

Mets have the 4th best record in baseball. And that is with Cespedes out, Harvey not in his best form (last night was decent), de Grom being away and a little off, and d'Arnaud out of the lineup. It should get better from here, and Washington seems to be coming back down to earth after a hot start--but they will be formidable with Murphy and d-bag Harper hitting the way they have been hitting. Let's Go Mets!

Yes, the Yanks are struggling. Good thing it's still only April.
As for the Mets, the most impressive thing about their sweep of the Reds is that they did it vs. the team with the best pitching.....lowest ERA in the league. Congrats.
Kudos to the schedule-maker.

All true but mets have played bad teams

All true but mets have played bad teams
Sure. You Mets haters are relentless.
They played the KC Royals, WS Champs and split 2 games.
Phillies are 11-10.
Miami is 9-11.
Cleveland is 10-9 (would be 10-6 if the Mets had not swept them).
Atlanta is bad, no doubt about it.
Cincy was 9-10 before the Mets swept them.
----
It's still early.

Mets fans have to be the best excuse-makers in sports.
They've played 20 games thus far....most of them vs. what are generally considered to be some of the weaker teams in the league. That's not the sole reason they have the 4th best record in baseball....but it IS a factor.
And please....Cespedes has played 16 games and d'Arnaud 13. And Harvey is what his record says he is.

They've played 20 games thus far....most of them vs. what are generally considered to be some of the weaker teams in the league. That's not the sole reason they have the 4th best record in baseball....but it IS a factor.
And please....Cespedes has played 16 games and d'Arnaud 13. And Harvey is what his record says he is.

LOL...you disappeared last August...What happened?

I don't see too many Mets fans making excuses for a .650 winning percentage. We would happily take that all year, although it is probably unrealistic.

And if Harvey is what his record says he is, then Logan Verrett is one of the best pitchers in the game. His record says so.

[QUOTE=". . .

And if Harvey is what his record says he is, then Logan Verrett is one of the best pitchers in the game. His record says so.[/QUOTE]
And the Yankees are . . . .

Face it clowns, the old Yankees way of throwing money at every All star player they can think of is dead. The Young steinbrenners do not run the team the same way as pops. Cashman has only known having an open checkbook. And you see what the team is now after sacrificingall those prospects and high draft picks over the years. He's run the Yankees into the ground. Your team is old, oft injured, and boring. Cry about it some more!!

Face it clowns, the old Yankees way of throwing money at every All star player they can think of is dead. The Young steinbrenners do not run the team the same way as pops. Cashman has only known having an open checkbook. And you see what the team is now after sacrificingall those prospects and high draft picks over the years. He's run the Yankees into the ground. Your team is old, oft injured, and boring. Cry about it some more!!
But, but, but, they play in a tough division,lol

Pathetic Phils compete the road sweep of the Nats.

Velasquez gave up 3 runs to them the other day to raise his ERA to 1.78. But when the Mets smacked him around for 5 last week, he was a crap pitcher.

Reactions: Knight Shift
While you butthurt Yankee fans are fawning over our pitching staff, Google the following.

Mike Trout, Bryce Harper and MIchael Conforto first 78 major league games...

It ain't even close.

Reactions: ntlrock1
Conforto's got the goods. Kid is insanely talented, his approach at the plate is impressive- like he's a 10 year vet. It's a shame he doesn't qualify as a rookie, he'd win ROY going away.

Whoever said the Mets 8 in a row equals the Yankees win total had me lol'ing!

Mets on fire now, they'll come back down to earth a bit for sure. But pitching staffs (and bullpens) like that keep the losing streaks to a minimum. Sandy has built a real enjoyable team to root for, he deserves mucho praise.

Last edited:
I was at the game today.It's obvious with the lack of lefthanded starting pitching in the NL,the Mets will be difficult to beat.Tampa Bay would probably do well against them.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT