ADVERTISEMENT

Let's go METS 2016 thread ......Just get in and anything can happen!

Conforto is a beast at 24. Looking forward to seeing him play for at least another 10 years.

Conforto is a beast at 24. Looking forward to seeing him play for at least another 10 years.

He just turned 23 in March. Best homegrown pure hitter since David, potential to be the best ever drafted and developed position player for the Mets. The league is starting to notice.

He's hitting .196.
How do they replace THAT ?

Quickly playing himself off the team - he is supposed to be an offensive catcher...he sucks as a defensive catcher and if he can't hit = dump his ass.

With that pitching staff - you don"t need an O catcher - just find a good D catcher who hits the Interstate and your good.

Plus - the pitchers can all hit except Colon...so you dont need DarNo plus he looks like a punk/

Last edited:
Are the Mets signalling a Trump win?They look too good to fall apart in 2017,which would happen if Hillary wins(see Carter 1977,Clinton,1993,and Obama 2009 to see how wonderful the Mets performed during those seasons as contrasted to the immediately preceding year).

2 out of 3 against one of the better NL teams. Let's hope Bart can get us back on the win track against the dreadful Braves.

2 out of 3 against one of the better NL teams. Let's hope Bart can get us back on the win track against the dreadful Braves.

Oh no ! Not the dreadful Braves....again ??
Oh well. I'm sure the team they play after the Braves series will provide a much tougher challenge.

Yup, that NLEAST really looks inferior to the ALEAST so far. One team at .700, a couple at .600 and another over .500. Heard a Yankee fan on the fan today, still spouting that tired line about how weak the Mets schedule is and how the Yankees would have the same record. Cut me a friggin break, it's over,your time has passed for the near future. The Mets are better, and you should come to grips with that.

yankee fans trolling this thread LOL.

A last place nyy team is good for MLB. Live with it and move on

Last edited:
Oh no ! Not the dreadful Braves....again ??
Oh well. I'm sure the team they play after the Braves series will provide a much tougher challenge.

Oh wait...it's the friggin Padres....the 9-16 Padres.
My god...who made this schedule for the Metsies ?
Christmas comes early in Queens.

I remember from last year the lousy Phils beat the Yanks two out of three.

You must be feeding Cash lines.

He was on with Fatty yesterday and said that he and Joltin Joe Giraradio were talking about hitting with RISP. And, "if we only got hits in 6 or 7 of those ABs with RISP, our record might be flipped."

BWAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAH

such loser talk out of your GM...

He should go back to banging interns and get his MoJo back to make some deals for a few starting arms that can reach the 4th inning...or a 3B who can hit his weight.

The Spankees have a starting corner infielder who has produced 4 total runs in 23 games...hahaahahahahaha...and has no extra basehits. You have to try hard to suck that bad. 75 plate appearances and no extra base hits...that's almost impossible out of a starting 3B

You must be feeding Cash lines.

He was on with Fatty yesterday and said that he and Joltin Joe Giraradio were talking about hitting with RISP. And, "if we only got hits in 6 or 7 of those ABs with RISP, our record might be flipped."

BWAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAH

such loser talk out of your GM...

He should go back to banging interns and get his MoJo back to make some deals for a few starting arms that can reach the 4th inning...or a 3B who can hit his weight.

The Spankees have a starting corner infielder who has produced 4 total runs in 23 games...hahaahahahahaha...and has no extra basehits. You have to try hard to suck that bad. 75 plate appearances and no extra base hits...that's almost impossible out of a starting 3B
But, but, but, it's because they play in a tough division,[roll]

Reactions: ruhudsonfan
Your trolling is so weak, disappearing when the Mets win a series vs the Giants only to reappear when there is weaker competition.

This season looks very promising! Definitely a two team race for the division title.

Reactions: RUfromNJ
The Mets have a rough history. Home to one of the worst playoff collapses of all times. An ownership group that refused to spend money. Nolan Ryan for Jim Fregosi. Doc and Straw choosing coke over baseball. The list goes on and on.

That all that could exist, and yet you could still be so terrible at trolling this fanbase is truly remarkable. I mean...you are god awful at this. How does it feel to fail at coming up with insulting message board posts, which, without exaggeration, is something 11 year olds excel at?

The Mets have a rough history. Home to one of the worst playoff collapses of all times. An ownership group that refused to spend money. Nolan Ryan for Jim Fregosi. Doc and Straw choosing coke over baseball. The list goes on and on.

That all that could exist, and yet you could still be so terrible at trolling this fanbase is truly remarkable. I mean...you are god awful at this. How does it feel to fail at coming up with insulting message board posts, which, without exaggeration, is something 11 year olds excel at?
And the Yankees were the last MLB team to integrate their roster. I'm sure you're proud of that. I rather be considered cheap as a owner, than to be known as a bigot one.

RUtrumpet92:
"....disappearing when the Mets win a series vs the Giants only to reappear when there is weaker competition."

Listen, if I "disappear" when the Metsies play a quality team and am here when they play weaker competition.....I'm here most of the time. Come on. Even you have to admit that their schedule is not exactly chock full of the tougher teams in the league thus far. Check out ESPN's latest rankings. The Braves are rated the worst team in MLB....and guess who is rated one spot better than them ? I'll give you a hint...it rhymes with madres.
That HAS to help their won-loss record.

Reactions: Proud NJ Sports Fan
Winning percentage of teams Yankees have played: 0.488
Winning percentage of teams Mets have played:0.472--and that includes the Mets have a WINNING record against said teams.
Try again.

RUtrumpet92:
"....disappearing when the Mets win a series vs the Giants only to reappear when there is weaker competition."

Listen, if I "disappear" when the Metsies play a quality team and am here when they play weaker competition.....I'm here most of the time. Come on. Even you have to admit that their schedule is not exactly chock full of the tougher teams in the league thus far. Check out ESPN's latest rankings. The Braves are rated the worst team in MLB....and guess who is rated one spot better than them ? I'll give you a hint...it rhymes with madres.
That HAS to help their won-loss record.

Holy crap...FOUR games vs. the Padres ?????
The Metsies are currently playing a three-game series (again) vs. the Atlanta Braves...ranked 30th of 30 teams in MLB in ESPN's weekly rankings. Then they play four games vs. the San Diego Padres...ranked 29th of 30 teams in MLB. Come on...be honest. That has to help with the old won-loss record.

Winning percentage of teams Mets have played:0.472--and that includes the Mets have a WINNING record against said teams.
Try again

And the Yankees were the last MLB team to integrate their roster. I'm sure you're proud of that. I rather be considered cheap as a owner, than to be known as a bigot one.

So you're still rooting against the Kentucky Wildcats because of things that Adolph Rupp and company did...or didn't do ?

Holy crap...FOUR games vs. the Padres ?????
The Metsies are currently playing a three-game series (again) vs. the Atlanta Braves...ranked 30th of 30 teams in MLB in ESPN's weekly rankings. Then they play four games vs. the San Diego Padres...ranked 29th of 30 teams in MLB. Come on...be honest. That has to help with the old won-loss record.
Lol, OK, so what do you think the Stankees record would be if they played the Mets Schedule?

Try again
Everyone is getting fat off the Yankees. The Yankees are the perfect way to stop a losing streak, so that helps to explain a slightly higher winning percentage for opponents.

Everyone is getting fat off the Yankees. The Yankees are the perfect way to stop a losing streak, so that helps to explain a slightly higher winning percentage for opponents.
That is so sad but true. So sad that a Yankee fan doesn't realize the Yankees are the sole cause of the opponent winning percentage differential.

Reactions: Knight Shift

The really sad thing is that the Mets this week will be playing two teams that are actually playing worse baseball than the Yanks ......ESPN rates them the two worst teams in MLB right now...and fans of the Amazins will be crowing about what a juggernaut they've got in Queens.
[roll]

The really sad thing is that the Mets this week will be playing two teams that are actually playing worse baseball than the Yanks ......ESPN rates them the two worst teams in MLB right now...and fans of the Amazins will be crowing about what a juggernaut they've got in Queens.
[roll]
If we played the Yanks we would be 3 for 3.

While you were checking out where the Braves and Padres are in the ESPN power rankings, did you happen to notice where the Mets are? Let me help you out: #2 overall, behind the Cubs.

The schedule does ramp up this month. The Mets are in a stretch of 17 games in 17 days, spotlighted by an 11 game road trip with four in San Diego, four vs the Dodgers, and three at Colorado. Then they play six out of nine vs the Nationals followed by a six game home stand against the Dodgers and White Sox, currently the best team in the AL.

So you're still rooting against the Kentucky Wildcats because of things that Adolph Rupp and company did...or didn't do ?
You Yankee fans are the ones to whom history is so important, no? Gotta take the bad with the good.

Let's compare World Series championships since the Flushings came into MLB.
Im shocked it took 6 pages for a Yankee fans to drag this out of their pocket.

Some of those were before black players were allowed in baseball, some of those were wondering with players who were on steroids.

Im shocked it took 6 pages for a Yankee fans to drag this out of their pocket.

Some of those were before black players were allowed in baseball, some of those were wondering with players who were on steroids.

Uh....he said SINCE THE FLUSHINGS CAME INTO MLB. Just a heads' up, but black players were already allowed in MLB when the Mets first appeared. You didn't know that ?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT